MGP20 MotoGP 20 | Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
The latest instalment to the long running MotoGP series of videogames is now available.

Releasing before the real world series managed to turn a wheel in anger, Milestone have today made available for purchase the new MotoGP '20 videogame on Xbox One, PS4, PC, Google Stadia and Nintendo Switch.

Featuring all the teams, riders, bikes and circuits of the 2020 MotoGP, Moto2 and Moto3 racing categories, MotoGP promises to be an upgrade in every way of previous editions of the franchise - from graphics to gameplay features, the new title very much represents an upgrade in performance for this popular officially licenced MotoGP product.

From the launch press release:

A GREATER GAMEPLAY DEPTH WITH THE NEW MANAGERIAL CAREER

The new Career Mode will put players into a pro riders’ boots, with an engaging and progressive gaming experience both on and off the track. Just like in the real MotoGP™ simply being fast on the circuit is not enough; players will need to take the best decisions to find a winning strategy to master the Championship.

Echoing real life, one of the key figures at the top of the team is the personal manager, whose work can truly make a difference when it comes to sponsorship and contract opportunities. If players select a new team, they will be able to make their rider and bike stand out using different graphic editors to modify the helmet, racing number, lower-back patch, stickers and bike livery. When it comes to being fast on track, it is the players’ choice of technical staff that influences the performance of the bike; the most skilled technicians will be able to develop bikes better and faster, but of course they will be much more expensive than others. How do you find the right balance between budget and performance? It’s up to players! On-track tests during the weekend will provide valuable data for development, but the synergy between the engineers will determine how much of this knowledge can be actually used to craft new parts. Each engineer will have different skills in different areas so teamwork will be key.

Taking part in the winter and mid-season tests enables players to develop their bike, choosing up to 3 different packs with various engines and frame combinations to find the perfect settings for the season. Once the season starts, players can also improve performances of different bike parts, earning and spending development points and allocating their R&D staff to reach the highest level. Aerodynamics, electronics, engine power and fuel consumption are just an example of the many technical parts that players can now manage to improve their bikes. For the first time, Milestone also announces brand-new features that will support the game after launch, that will further expand contents of the Managerial Career gameplay; more details about the post launch features will be revealed soon.

A STEP FORWARD IN SIMULATION

The development team worked really hard to make the gameplay much more strategic and realistic, with brand new features boosting realism such as fuel management, asymmetrical tires’ consumption and, last but not least, for the first time in franchise history, aerodynamic damages that will impact bike’s aesthetic and performances. As in real life, tires stress and wear don’t apply on both sides and middle equally. MotoGP™20 will implement these three areas separately and it will reproduce some real-world dynamics down to the smallest details. In each race players will be able to decide the quantity of fuel and which type of tire to use, always keeping in mind that bike physics are affected by their decisions. The overall level of simulation marks a big step forward in MotoGP™20; modern MotoGP™ bikes have very complex aerodynamic winglets that when damaged change the bikes’ balance significantly. Crashing or colliding with other riders in game, may have a permanent effect on bike handling just like in a real race. Continuously looking for extreme realism, the game physics has been completely re-worked to make gameplay more technical and skill based.

MotoGP 20 Launch 2.jpg

Many of the features that made the success of the previous chapter of the franchise, return this year with a lot of improvements as a result of the precious feedback that Milestone received from its passionate community:

• A renowned historical mode. One of the community’s favorite game modes will be back in a brand-new format, with full races randomly generated that players need to win to unlock and collect the most iconic riders and bikes.
  • Neural AI goes 2.0. What many thought was utopic, has become a reality. Last year A.N.N.A. (an acronym for Artificial Neural Network Agent) brought a more fast, natural and fair AI. This year Milestone developers further enhanced its capabilities, to allow her to strategically manage tire and fuel consumption, as real riders do.
  • New Editors. Together with Stickers, Helmets, Racing Numbers and Lower-back patches, in MotoGP™20 players will also be able to customize bikes’ liveries of their Custom Team, to race on track with a unique style.
  • The best online experience. Dedicated Servers for the Multiplayer mode have continued to enable a more reliable and fun online experience. Now we added quality of life improvements that will further enhance online gameplay in all modes: Public Matches, Private Matches and Race Director Mode.

MotoGP is available now on Xbox One, PS4, PC, Google Stadia and Nintendo Switch.

Want to know more about the game? Start a thread in the MotoGP 20 sub forum here at RaceDepartment to engage with our awesome community.

MotoGP 20 Launch 1.jpg

hmmm. I am not sure now. Which one buy for career single player only - 19 or 20 :cautious:

The 20 career mode is far more involved and adds all these elements as part of managing yourself and the team:

+ You appoint a manager who finds you realistic team interest based on your performance and reputation shown by the number of fans/followers it's very Twitterish in that respect. As the rider you earn signing bonus, a wage for each event and bonuses for good performance, this you can spend on hiring better staff.

+ Once you join a team you hire the Chief Mechanic and Data Analyst and they have skills across the 4 R&D areas of Engine, Chassis, Aerodynamics and Electronics (only Engine and Chasis development are available in Moto3). The Chief Engineer and Data Analyst also have a synergy rating for how well they work together so it isn't just about choosing the person with the best stats, it's also about the best teamwork as that boost Research Points which are awarded after each race event.

+ The development tree for each part (engine, chassis) is detailed into several subparts which all cost Research Points to build. It isn't as detailed as the F1 tech tree but it's way more detailed than 19 which was just a 3 section bar for engine and chassis. You assign your team technical staff to the projects (6 available in Moto 3) and this speeds up the research time - some parts take several weeks to develop. If you're not building any new parts you can assign them to gain more research parts for the area you want to focus on.

+ Events in 20 are properly spaced in the calendar so you have development weeks between events (19 just rolled to the next event)

+ During Free Practice you can take part in 3 bike development tests, fast laps (2 laps), race simulation (5 laps) and a currently seemingly broken 'follow the race line' 2 lap event. Your performance in each adds Research Points that you can spend in the tech tree (All very much 'borrowed from F1).

+ After each race event, you may have discovered new staff with better skills that you can hire. There seems to be no penalty for changing staff so it's just about finding the ones that fit your team and synergy rating best.

+ 20 has bike damage that will take your crew time to fix should you fall off (even if you use the rewind function, which is either interesting or a bug!)

+ 20 has the 3 section inner, middle, outer tyre wear which gives a much better indication of tyre wear by tyre type. The high-temperature tracks really show the difference in wear on the soft tyres too.

+ 20 has fuel management and power modes for the engine that allows you to vary the fuel use and slightly increase performance (plus you can develop parts that improve engine economy) so it's much more in-depth in the choices you can make. Remember to add a lap of fuel for the formation lap too (even if you don't run it the fuel use still shows), though you can, of course, lower the power to conserve some fuel.

- On the other hand I hear what people are saying about some AI balancing issues and although I haven't directly experienced them (other than some AI bikes in 20 being fast in corners and then slow on the straights) and I'm sure they are right - there will be kinks to be worked out in 20 through patches.

By contrast, the 19 career is more basic but there are things to like:

+ 19 Career starts with the choice of Redbull Riders for a short 7 race series before Moto3, I quite enjoyed it.

+ 19 is more about jumping from event to event with less management element - there are no Free Practice development mini-games.

++ 19 is an all round more polished game so the AI performance etc should be more consistent.

I prefer a more in-depth and connected management game so I see these elements of 19 as downsides:

- Bike development is simplified to 3 bars per team for engine and chassis only.

+/- The research includes developing TCS, AW and the ECU to make the bike more rideable, which is ok as a game mechanic.

- None of the staff management or synergy elements that 20 adds.

- No fuel management, single tyre wear indicator.

- No development mini-games.

I'm sure there are other people who would see the get on and race nature of 19 as an advantage so it depends what you are looking for. I like the depth and player control of the F1 games and similar WRC8 management elements. Both games are enjoyable to play, personally I prefer the 20 braking but again I see the comments from others that 19 had other advantages like more realistic lap times so there isn't much to split them in terms of gameplay.

If you want more immediate racing and less management go for 19.

If you want more team management and strategic choices in the races go for 20.

Ok here's my feedback on the physics. It's 90% the same as one of my modded versions of MotoGP 17. It's a step backwards from MotoGP 19 or even MotoGP 18. MotoGP 19 felt exceptional. You could feel the weight of the bike. Now it feels like a slightly worse Ride 3.

As for the rear wheel...the rear going up isn't happening because of the brakes but because of the suspension. In this physics model (motogp,ride all have the same physics system), modifying only the braking force doesn't lift the rear wheel, it just locks the wheel. There were a couple of suspension parameters that when changed the rear would go up when braking. I had to tone those down a bit because it was too much. It's the same in MotoGP20. Exactly the same feel.

Another big issue is power delivery. It goes from nothing to ALL OUT WAR in a fraction of a second. Not even the good ol' 2004 ZX10s were so aggressive, and they are considered to be the wildest motorcycles ever made. Absolute animals. Real MotoGP bikes aren't animals, they are designed to be able to put down the power as efficiently as possible and without too much drama. You can even see some riders really mashing the throttle and the rear won't move an inch.

Ive only played 20 for a short period earlier and enabled the new tyre wear model and it might just be me but took me at least 3 o 4 laps in practice to get the tyres working and be able to put in a competitive lap time

ok after few mintes its clear, driving is funny :thumbsup:
Just another questian @bikers
As i understand now - the lets say default brak is the front brake yeah? When have i to use the rear brake ? Or do i have to use both in every corner?
Thanks in advance
The main braking is done by the front brakes. They are BIG. The rear brake is useful when the bike is running wide (understeer). If you press the front brake when you're are in full lean you will fall, so if you have understeer during the corner use the rear brake.

The rear brake can also be used if you go in a turn too fast. If you overshoot the turn you can use the rear brake to pull the bike bakc into the turn.

I know these new bike games get better each year, but coming from mainstream Auto racing games and a steering wheel controller, I am terrible at doing anything good with navigating a bike around a track with my game controller I have. One thing is the controller steering sensitivity is so great and I just cant get a feel for it. Maybe some day I will sit down with my older bike games and see if I can figure them out. Anyway, thanks for the review of the new game.

ok after few mintes its clear, driving is funny :thumbsup:
Just another questian @bikers
As i understand now - the lets say default brak is the front brake yeah? When have i to use the rear brake ? Or do i have to use both in every corner?
Thanks in advance

It's best to mostly use the front brake...until it isn't. Moving from cars the big thing is to brake a lot earlier! You really need the real bikers like @Damage Inc and @girlracerTracey to explain it fully.

My way of thinking about it is to use the front brake initially and then apply both brakes smoothly to slow from high speed, then the front brake alone avoiding the temptation for a final jab of the brake lever which often causes a crash. If you need to trim the line through the corner a little (eg running wide) then some gentle application of the front brake can help (too much and you'll lowside). Equally, if your corner entry angle needs a little adjustment a dab of rear brake can bring the bike back in line.

I suggest starting with the Moto3 bikes as they are very forgiving, the MotoGP bikes are like wild horses by comparison. Also, the joint brake option is there too though the braking distances are generally longer and eventually you'll want to move to the individual brakes.

It's so funny that I can brake in the full lean at 95% of my front brakes going at the turn @150 km/h. Also, I now can enter the corner on the front wheel!
Very f*cking funny Milestone, you did a great job screwing a very good game which MG19 was is.

I played it about 10 hours now and since first 15 minutes passed I crashed maybe 3 or 4 times with the MotoGP bike. I can take corners with the moto cross or flat track style drifts with a 150kg 250+HP racing prototype bike. Wow :D
It's like moving back from Assetto Corsa to Need For Speed days.

I don't know if it is even worth mentioning because everybody expected it as I suppose but currently the game is unplayable because of tons of glitches. First example: I start the career with the MotoGP, visit Qatar and have a test to do: 5 laps @ 1:51. AI goes 1.52 - at 100%! Pole position from 2019 is 1.53:5 :D
Also, AI slows down like 300 meters before the braking point on a long straight so racing is impossible because I do not expect it and crash into them.
"Super unhuman Neural AI" also doesn't know the racing lines xD

I don't also know what the hell is the problem with the bike under acceleration - for example i have a long turn, going on gas, adding it gently and bum! The rear tries to pass the front, the front goes into inside into the kerb. LOL xD Just to make it more funny the problem does not exist in 500cc - and also on older modern bikes. What the hell?

In real life ride real bike, I race real bike, I know that this is not a simulator, but this is not even an arcade when I have no damn control over the dancing bike and it doesn't behave even close to real life.

After 10 hours I went back to MotoGP 19 - and WOW! Now I know how really good this game is. I feel the bike on the ground, trying to get the best of the corner on the limits, with the front almost loosing ground (I can feel it), fighting for the traction under acceleration. Now that's a good game!

I almost forgot - all the menus, options, texts, voices, sounds, it's all the same as in the previous game. What were they doing for the whole year? Adding a power for the brakes (only to make times unrealistic?) Creating a career? Nice work.

Just take the licence back from them and give it to real game creators.
I still can't believe how is it possible to ruin such a good game.

Shame!

Not in the market for bike games but really I hope Milestone will make a new rally sim in UE4 at some point, a true successor to SLRE which still has to this day great physics.

In facebook one guy complains about respawn being too long. WTF - I knew there will be this complaint. Somehow it seemed he would be more satisfied if all rider remounting process would be shown. Or then nothing at all. I think it it better anyway than 2 secs respawn, and even this could a bit longer.
BTW I noticed that AI during crash can retire, but if not - seems that damage is not "applied" at all, no scratches, and speed is like before, regaining positions.

It's so funny that I can brake in the full lean at 95% of my front brakes going at the turn @150 km/h. Also, I now can enter the corner on the front wheel!
Very f*cking funny Milestone, you did a great job screwing a very good game which MG19 was is.

I played it about 10 hours now and since first 15 minutes passed I crashed maybe 3 or 4 times with the MotoGP bike. I can take corners with the moto cross or flat track style drifts with a 150kg 250+HP racing prototype bike. Wow :D

I don't know if it is even worth mentioning because everybody expected it as I suppose but currently the game is unplayable because of tons of glitches. First example: I start the career with the MotoGP, visit Qatar and have a test to do: 5 laps @ 1:51. AI goes 1.52 - at 100%! Pole position from 2019 is 1.53:5 :D
Also, AI slows down like 300 meters before the braking point on a long straight so racing is impossible because I do not expect it and crash into them.

I don't also know what the hell is the problem with the bike under acceleration - for example i have a long turn, going on gas, adding it gently and bum! The rear tries to pass the front, the front goes into inside into the kerb. LOL xD Just to make it more funny the problem does not exist in 500cc - and also on older modern bikes. What the hell?

In real life ride real bike, I race real bike, I know that this is not a simulator, but this is not even an arcade when I have no damn control over the dancing bike and it doesn't behave even close to real life.

After 10 hours I went back to MotoGP 19 - and WOW! Now I know how really good this game is. I feel the bike on the ground, trying to get the best of the corner on the limits, with the front almost loosing ground (I can feel it), fighting for the traction under acceleration. Now that's a good game!

I almost forgot - all the menus, options, texts, voices, sounds, it's all the same as in the previous game. What were they doing for the whole year? Adding a power for the brakes (only to make times unrealistic?) Creating a career? Nice work.

Shame!
oookay i am glad i`ve choosen the right one with gp19

Shame!

Man, i just spend 15 minutes riding like a absolute moron to see how far i could go with these absurd physics. On the Le mans track i found out i can take the first corner flat out, then apply 100% brake while leaning and with the rear wheel coming up, and still make the next corner perfectly! Then smash on 100% throttle while jumping over the curbs and grass without even the slightest movement of the rear wheel. Then there is that magnificent moment you`re applying 100% throttle without traction control mid corner and instead of highsiding the whole bike just jumps up like it`s made out of plastic and rubber bands.

I really really have to try hard to crash in this game...

+ 20 has bike damage that will take your crew time to fix should you fall off
I'm smiling inwardly, seeing how they re-add things we used to have in their earlier titles ten years ago.

Found a 4K max detail video of Philip Island, my favorite track, and can't visually tell the difference to 19. TSOs need more polys, and there should be more small items. Maybe with PS5 horsepower we'll see these improvements on PC version.

For me personally, sticking with 19 for now. It's not that I think they are doing a bad job, just the nature of a game series like that, I mean the previous release wasn't even a year ago.

Ok after a whole day playing with MGP19 and 20 back and forth this are my thoughts:
physics wise is like they try to fix the only thing that was missing in the 19's physics and it was breaking, in straight line the new breaking physics work really good, is not like in 19 where u can press the brake as a button and hold for the last part of the corner's entry, now its more like all the motogp riders had described, you need smooth and progressive breaking and Im completely OK with it, the problem is that is completely exploitable since they ****ed up all the other aspects of physics, the bike has too much grip on cornering, the changes of directions are like in an f1 car and even with tcs set to 0 I haven´t been able to highside the bike, instead we have this annoying, consistent and precoded wobble that never ends.
IMO I think they thought that with the new breaking tweaks the laptimes were gonna be slower so they tried to balance it with more grip but this made breaking while turning OP af, also the controller ffb is worse and power delivery is inconsistent, so yeah regarding gameplay itself I would stick with MGP19 for a month or 2, for me the game is just a beta early access in terms of handling.
everything isn't bad tho, graphics wise this is the most beautiful bikes game Ive ever seen and is better optimized, the new asymmetric tires works great and are a good addition, fuel makes the game more immersive even thought I think the engine modes are too exaggerated (but this is no priority at all, fix the damn handling) also riders animations are improved, the whole career mode is better than last year and the new damage model is way better than last year (and has noticeable effects on the handling of the bike), AI wise I think is decent, last year game's ai was pretty good but now they re not as kamikaze as before.
in summary I think this game has more potential than last years game but it is still in development, I wouldn't recommend buying it in the current state but I can see it improved in a month or 2, remember than MGP19 wasn't great from day one and considering the whole Covid situation I think is pretty impressive they had a game at all for the release day

Last edited:
Keyboard player here (can't get used to the controller): went back to Motogp 19, and found it's much better than the new one, keyboard wise.
Too bad, because I've seen the AI do good things on Motogp 20.
Btw, anyone knows if it's possible to swap the helmet view overlay between both games?

This is how ridiculous this new physics are - full break, full lean, the bike slides like a flat track bike, no crash - what the hell I have to do to crash a MotoGP bike? This is just so damn stupid...

All they should have done is adding an extra power for the brakes to force player to be more gentle and creating a new chance for crashing, the new career mode is OK and that is all. I would play 500 hours waiting for MG 2021. They've gone into an arcade pretending it's a simulator and I don't really like it at all :(

Last edited:
Yesterday I ended up trying MotoGP 17 with my physics/AI mod and I enjoyed like I never did in the last 2 years. Downsides? Yes, the graphics.
Same here. MotoGP 17 and Ride 2 have better physics than their successors. The rear slides when you're braking hard and downshifting fast. Just like in real life. After 18 and on and in Ride 3 this simply doesn't work. If you want to "slide" the rear you have to behave like it's a god damn bicycle and mash the rear brake.
I'll just reinstall 17 and i will try your mod. I uninstalled and deleted my version because i was foolish enough to think 20 would be better....

The latest instalment to the long running MotoGP series of videogames is now available.

Releasing before the real world series managed to turn a wheel in anger, Milestone have today made available for purchase the new MotoGP '20 videogame on Xbox One, PS4, PC, Google Stadia and Nintendo Switch.

Featuring all the teams, riders, bikes and circuits of the 2020 MotoGP, Moto2 and Moto3 racing categories, MotoGP promises to be an upgrade in every way of previous editions of the franchise - from graphics to gameplay features, the new title very much represents an upgrade in performance for this popular officially licenced MotoGP product.

From the launch press release:

A GREATER GAMEPLAY DEPTH WITH THE NEW MANAGERIAL CAREER

The new Career Mode will put players into a pro riders’ boots, with an engaging and progressive gaming experience both on and off the track. Just like in the real MotoGP™ simply being fast on the circuit is not enough; players will need to take the best decisions to find a winning strategy to master the Championship.

Echoing real life, one of the key figures at the top of the team is the personal manager, whose work can truly make a difference when it comes to sponsorship and contract opportunities. If players select a new team, they will be able to make their rider and bike stand out using different graphic editors to modify the helmet, racing number, lower-back patch, stickers and bike livery. When it comes to being fast on track, it is the players’ choice of technical staff that influences the performance of the bike; the most skilled technicians will be able to develop bikes better and faster, but of course they will be much more expensive than others. How do you find the right balance between budget and performance? It’s up to players! On-track tests during the weekend will provide valuable data for development, but the synergy between the engineers will determine how much of this knowledge can be actually used to craft new parts. Each engineer will have different skills in different areas so teamwork will be key.

Taking part in the winter and mid-season tests enables players to develop their bike, choosing up to 3 different packs with various engines and frame combinations to find the perfect settings for the season. Once the season starts, players can also improve performances of different bike parts, earning and spending development points and allocating their R&D staff to reach the highest level. Aerodynamics, electronics, engine power and fuel consumption are just an example of the many technical parts that players can now manage to improve their bikes. For the first time, Milestone also announces brand-new features that will support the game after launch, that will further expand contents of the Managerial Career gameplay; more details about the post launch features will be revealed soon.

A STEP FORWARD IN SIMULATION

The development team worked really hard to make the gameplay much more strategic and realistic, with brand new features boosting realism such as fuel management, asymmetrical tires’ consumption and, last but not least, for the first time in franchise history, aerodynamic damages that will impact bike’s aesthetic and performances. As in real life, tires stress and wear don’t apply on both sides and middle equally. MotoGP™20 will implement these three areas separately and it will reproduce some real-world dynamics down to the smallest details. In each race players will be able to decide the quantity of fuel and which type of tire to use, always keeping in mind that bike physics are affected by their decisions. The overall level of simulation marks a big step forward in MotoGP™20; modern MotoGP™ bikes have very complex aerodynamic winglets that when damaged change the bikes’ balance significantly. Crashing or colliding with other riders in game, may have a permanent effect on bike handling just like in a real race. Continuously looking for extreme realism, the game physics has been completely re-worked to make gameplay more technical and skill based.

View attachment 365745

Many of the features that made the success of the previous chapter of the franchise, return this year with a lot of improvements as a result of the precious feedback that Milestone received from its passionate community:

• A renowned historical mode. One of the community’s favorite game modes will be back in a brand-new format, with full races randomly generated that players need to win to unlock and collect the most iconic riders and bikes.
  • Neural AI goes 2.0. What many thought was utopic, has become a reality. Last year A.N.N.A. (an acronym for Artificial Neural Network Agent) brought a more fast, natural and fair AI. This year Milestone developers further enhanced its capabilities, to allow her to strategically manage tire and fuel consumption, as real riders do.
  • New Editors. Together with Stickers, Helmets, Racing Numbers and Lower-back patches, in MotoGP™20 players will also be able to customize bikes’ liveries of their Custom Team, to race on track with a unique style.
  • De beste online ervaring. Dedicated Servers voor de Multiplayer-modus zijn blijven zorgen voor een betrouwbaardere en leukere online ervaring. Nu hebben we verbeteringen in de kwaliteit van leven toegevoegd die de online gameplay in alle modi verder zullen verbeteren: openbare wedstrijden, privéwedstrijden en race-regisseurmodus.

MotoGP is nu beschikbaar op Xbox One, PS4, pc, Google Stadia en Nintendo Switch.

Wil je meer weten over de game? Start een thread in het MotoGP 20-subforum hier bij RaceDepartment om deel te nemen aan onze geweldige community.

View attachment 365744
[/CITAAT]
Vraagje hoe installeer ik mini mode swb 2019 op Xbox one

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 71 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline