MGP20 MotoGP 20 Modding Tutorial

I'm going to do it slightly differently this year, I intend on covering models also later down the line as well as skins.
Requirements:
1) Download these tools: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/motogp-20-modding-tools.32495/
2) You need Unreal Engine Editor 4.23 (I've heard 4.24 works also but I haven't tried it):
https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtournament/download
3) Also make sure you have Python 2.7 installed:
https://www.python.org/download/releases/2.7/

Text tutorial (skins):

In the tutorial we'll modify a bike skin, but once you know the method you can try with something else.

Section 1: Export
-Launch Umodel.exe (It's in the modding tools)
-Insert the path to MotoGP 20 or navigate to it (Normally it is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MotoGP™20 or wherever you have installed it).
Select "Override Game Detection"
Select "Unreal Engine 4" And "Unreal Engine 4.23"

unknown.png

Then hit OK.
-You'll now have a window with all the directories of the game. Navigate to: motogp20\Content\assets\graphics\vehicles\bikes\cat001\chassis\chassis101'

unknown.png

If you're unsure of the ID of the bike you want to edit click on skeletal_meshes and then on chassisXXX.uasset (In this case it's chassis101.uasset)
This will load a 3D preview of the bike so you can see if this is the bike you want to edit.

unknown.png

If you click on "Tools->Export current object" Umodel will export everything related to the object, the model and all it's materials but since we are making a skin we only need the bike texture.

- Press "O" to exit the 3D preview. Click on "textures" and find the bike livery (in our case it's "livery001_d.uasset"). Click on "Tools->Export".

unknown.png

-Umodel will automatically create a folder called "UmodelExport" located where Umodel.exe is.
You can now find the texture (.tga format) and edit it!

Section 2: Import back in game
Part 1: Prepare your modded textures.
Basically we need to convert our modded .tga texture to .uasset.
- Launch Unreal Engine editor. Select Blank Project, no starter content, choose a path to save the project to and then you can name it whatever you want. I'm going to call mine "Tutorial". Click on Create Project.

unknown.png

- Drag your modded texture here:
unknown.png

- Double Click the texture and change the MIp Gen setting to "NoMipmaps", this is so the texture doesn't appear blurry in game before loading fully.
unknown.png

- Click on File->Save all. This way you will not need to create a new project next time.
- Close texture window to return to the previous screen.
- Click on File->Cook content for windows. Wait till it finishes. You can close Unreal Engine now!
Part 2: Repack.
Go into "Import in game" folder. There you will see a folder called "motogp20". Inside it, you need to create the same Directory where you extracted the file from in Umodel:
"motogp20\Content\assets\graphics\vehicles\bikes\cat001\chassis\chassis101\textures"
Create the missing folders.
- Go to the location you saved the project to earlier (by default it will be "Documents\Unreal Projects\Name")
- Then from there go to "Saved\Cooked\WindowsNoEditor\Name\Content" here you will find the files Unreal Engine cooked for you. You should have 2 files. Copy BOTH of them into "motogp20\Content\assets\graphics\vehicles\bikes\cat001\chassis\chassis101\textures".
We're almost done!
- Go back into the root of folder "Import in game". Double click repack command.bat
Once it's done (it's quick), you will have a file called "pakchunk0-WindowsNoEditor_X_P.pak". Replace the X with something else, like "pakchunk0-WindowsNoEditor_MyMod_P.pak"
Copy the pak file you created and paste into:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MotoGP™20\motogp20\Content\Paks
or wherever you have installed the game. Make sure you copy it where all the other pak files are.
You're done! Check your mod in game.

Yes it does work, because i'm creating a skin since 2 day's ago.

But biker i apreciate the tools mate✌thank you very much. It's easier when you don't have to type in the commands by yourself

Hello again. I'm in process of making a custom mod for career but I've stumbled upon a problem. When modding the gloves, everything gets messed up as you can see in the pictures? Everything works when I'm not using custom gloves and I repeated the process 4 times so I wouldn't say I made a mistake. Any solutions? Thanks!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 1,233
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 1,707
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 1,240
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 1,477
Hello again. I'm in process of making a custom mod for career but I've stumbled upon a problem. When modding the gloves, everything gets messed up as you can see in the pictures? Everything works when I'm not using custom gloves and I repeated the process 4 times so I wouldn't say I made a mistake. Any solutions? Thanks!
Probably because of the masks (how the colour is applied to custom gloves) Try exporting the mask and make it totally black

VehiclesData folder has all the tracks and each bike category on each track and on either dry or wet. Example, AragonMOTO2Sun.spiz, AragonMOTO2Wet.spiz.

I didn't find any information about the SPIZ extention and i tried opening it with different programs. Everything is gibberish. I opened it with WordPad and i can make out SOME form but again, gibberish.

I think these files are the key to the "physics". MotoGP17 worked the same way. Each track+bike category+dry or wet. If you anyone finds a way to open and edit those files we might just be able to make this a great game.

VehiclesData folder has all the tracks and each bike category on each track and on either dry or wet. Example, AragonMOTO2Sun.spiz, AragonMOTO2Wet.spiz.

I didn't find any information about the SPIZ extention and i tried opening it with different programs. Everything is gibberish. I opened it with WordPad and i can make out SOME form but again, gibberish.

I think these files are the key to the "physics". MotoGP17 worked the same way. Each track+bike category+dry or wet. If you anyone finds a way to open and edit those files we might just be able to make this a great game.
I think they're files that relate to ai, they usually store ai files in AdditionalNonUFS. However it could be to do with the physics I suppose but I think more AI

bro can give some tutorial on that boots because i failed do mod

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 288 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing