MGP19 MotoGP 19: New Update Features Improved Physics

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
MotoGP 19 Updated.jpg

Milestone have released a new update for their MotoGP 19 videogame on Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

Released yesterday, this new patch update for MotoGP 19 has a strong focus on the physics behaviour of the bikes within the game. Following feedback from the gaming community, Milestone have highlighted the need to improve how the bikes feel within the title, something that has divided opinion amongst players since the MotoGP 19 released to the public back on June 8th.

Other highlights from the new patch include improved AI for both the Brno and Valencia tracks, and small improvements to the eSport section of the title.

MotoGP 19 is available now on Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

For the latest news and discussions about the most recent MotoGP game release, head on over to our MotoGP 19 sub forum and get yourself involved with the community today.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Sadly, it's not that great. Have played all the Superbike and MotoGP games for years and to be honest, apart from the graphics, they have not really progressed that much. I may be spoiled from playing Assetto Corsa too much! In replay the bikes seems to float just above the ground and don't look as if they are in contact with the surface. In career mode, if you win a race the game freezes and boots you out with an error message.

No question graphics are great, and it is fun from a rear view, on board or "cockpit" is almost impossible and based on my many years of riding, not realistic.

Lack of multiple replay cams, the float appearance in replay and bugs are negatives...if yo can get it cheap maybe, but not worth full price by any means...

Game is very good, which can confirm this Steam review:
กลับมาเขียนรีวิวอีกครั้งกับ MotoGP ภาคนี้ถือว่าดีกว่าภาคก่อนมาก! ทั้งกราฟฟิก ฟิสิกส์ต่างๆ รวมทั้งอีกหลายๆอย่างมากมาย
วันนี้จะมารีวิวแบบละเอียดเหมือนเดิมในภาคนี้ จากคอเกม Motorsport คนเดิมมม!

จากที่เล่นมาเป็นอาทิตย์ๆกว่าจะมาเขียน..อย่างแรก ข้อดีในภาคนี้
1.กราฟฟิก/ดีเทล - เป็นอันดับแรกๆที่ต้องเขียนข้อนี้ขึ้นมาก่อนทุกเกม เกมใหม่กราฟฟิกก็ต้องใหม่ กราฟฟิกในเกมถือว่าสวยมาก มีความคมชัดของแสงและเงามากขึ้น สีสดสว่างตาดี มีรายละเอียกเพิ่มมากขึ้น แม้กระทั่งดีเทลของยางที่เวลาแข่งไปนานๆ ยางจะมีรอยเกิดขึ้น และการขี่เบียดกันชนกัน จะมีรอยถลอกของตัวมอไซค์

2.ฟิสิกส์ - ท่าทางการเข้าโค้ง ทิ้งโค้ง รู้สึกว่าโมเดลตัวละครจะสมูทขึ้น ท่าทางการเข้าโค้งดูเนียนขึ้น การทิ้งตัวต่างๆ รวมไปทิ้งการกำเบรคแรงๆจะมีอาการรถส่าย เกิดเบรคแล้วรถสไลด์ก็จะล้ม การเปิดคันเร่ง..เปิดเร็วไปท้ายปัด ทำได้ดีมากๆ (แต่ยังมีข้อเสียอยู่ ไว้จะบอกในหัวข้อข้อเสีย)

3.ลูกเล่นใหม่ๆ - ถือว่ามีเยอะมากๆในภาคนี้ มีการพรีวิวถ่ายนักแข่งก่อนเริ่มแข่ง มีป๊อปอัพบอกเลขบอกชื่อของนักแข่ง

4.สิ่งที่มีเพิ่มเข้ามา - มีการเลือกให้เล่นตั้งแต่รอบ FP1-4 ไป Qualify จนไปถึง Warm up Lap ก่อนแข่งจริง มี Safety Car ในสนาม
มีซีนฉากชนะใหม่ๆ มีการเฮกับทีม รวมไปถึงมาฉากที่เราชนะในการแข่งขันจบจนได้แชมป์ มีการลองรถ Prototype ก่อนเริ่มซีซั้นในการแข่ง มีการเพิ่มแบรนหมวกกันน็อคหลายๆแบรนเข้ามา (มี Shark แล้ววว!) แถมมีการเพิ่มโหมดออกแบบลวดลายหมวกกันน็อคของตัวเองตามจินตนาการ ออกแบบตัวชื่อ ออกแบบตัวเลข มีชุดนักแข่งให้เลือกเปลี่ยนเพื่มเข้ามาเป็น Dainese เลือกสีชุดได้ตามต้องการ มีคนชูป้ายข้างสนามที่จะบอกว่าเราอยู่ที่เท่าไหร่และเหลืออีกกี่รอบ มีคนโบกธงตอนเข้าเส้นชัย อีกทั้งยังมีโหมดตำนานให้เลือกเล่น ปลดล็อคทีมเก่าๆ รถเก่าๆ สนามเก่าๆ (เยอะมากแต่เป็น DLC นะ)

เอาล่ะๆมาดูข้อเสียกัน..

1.AI กับบัคของเกม - AI ยังเอ๋อๆมึนๆอยู่ มีการขับออกนอกสนาม ไปวิ่งบนพื้นหญ้าพื้นทรายในตอนออกตัวบางสนาม การเข้าโค้งของ AI ที่เข้าโค้งจนวิ่งเข้าไปบนกรวดหรือลัดสนามในบางที
2.ฟิสิกส์ - ที่บอกในข้อดีว่ายังมีข้อเสียอยู่ก็คือ ฟิสิกส์ของ AI แทบจะไม่มีเลยในการโดนชนจากเรา หรือการที่เราเบียด AI จงใจแค่ไหนก็ตาม AI จะไม่มีการล้มเลย ต่อให้ชนจังๆ จะล้มก็ล้มน้อยมากๆ!
3.บางอย่างที่หายไป - อันนี้เป็นข้อติเล็กๆที่ท่าทางการดีใจในช่วงเข้าเส้นชัยนั้นหายไป จากที่ภาคก่อนการเข้าเส้นชัยนั้นจะมีการดีใจ ยืนเฮบ้างในการแข่งขันจบ แต่ภาคนี้ไม่มี เข้าเส้ยชัยแล้ว ได้ที่ 1 แล้ว..ก็เฉยๆ ไม่มีอาการดีใจขี่ต่อไปแบบไม่มีอะไรเกิดขึ้น 555+

#สรุป ภาคนี้ถือว่ามีข้อดีมากกว่าข้อเสีย ข้อเสียก็เป็นเรื่องที่เล็กๆน้อยๆไม่เกี่ยวกับเกมหลักๆ เล่นได้ ผมถือว่าแนะนำครับในราคาแบบนี้ถือว่าตั้งราคามากถูกกับเกมแฟรนไชส์นี้ :D

Seriously... MotoGP series gets better and better, year by year, patch after patch, AI if quite pleasure now to race with, graphic, physics, animations,... everything is improved compared to older games or this '19 game vanilla version. Look at the Seam reviews:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/984780/MotoGP19/

pretty amazing huh. :)

Now... go get it boy !!!! :D

Dude no one here can read that except someone else who is Cambodian.
I think it's meant as a joke;) Personally I quite enjoy this title. It has it's flaws so it definitely is not perfect. But you can play around with the bikes quite a lot and have some fun. AI is way better than it was before although they have inconsistent pace on different tracks. Finishing a full-length race against competitive AI is quite rewarding as you can't make to many mistakes.

Game is very good, which can confirm this Steam review:
กลับมาเขียนรีวิวอีกครั้งกับ MotoGP ภาคนี้ถือว่าดีกว่าภาคก่อนมาก! ทั้งกราฟฟิก ฟิสิกส์ต่างๆ รวมทั้งอีกหลายๆอย่างมากมาย
วันนี้จะมารีวิวแบบละเอียดเหมือนเดิมในภาคนี้ จากคอเกม Motorsport คนเดิมมม!
Hehe I was banned from the official Raceroom forum because someone was posting (a lengthy) post in spanish - in an english forum.
And then I was answering in chinese (Standard Mandarin).:roflmao::roflmao:
Banned for trolling.:poop:
Cruel world.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

What bothers me in any bike racing gameplay I ever saw is how easy the player overtakes five or ten AIs at first corner as they were nothing. I've never seen the proper difficult on gaining a position being properly simulated. Some racing car sims are the same but cars being wider taking more track room this issue is mitigated.

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: Could someone report about the socalled neural AI in this MC game.
Does the AI behave somewhat "intelligent"?
Or just like Goofy:sneaky:
There is a degree of AI, and they do actually race you, But they've pulled the same trick as with Ride 3: To win you have to race 1 maybe 2 AI. They're that strung out the AI becomes irrelevant a lot of the time.

What bothers me in any bike racing gameplay I ever saw is how easy the player overtakes five or ten AIs at first corner as they were nothing. I've never seen the proper difficult on gaining a position being properly simulated. Some racing car sims are the same but cars being wider taking more track room this issue is mitigated.
I noticed that too, but it's not in this game only. In fact... that's the most racing games alike today. For instance F1 series. But since I always make shitty start (thank you manual clutch, like I really need another distraction) and lost at least 3-4 positions, then gaining like 5-6 seems about right to me.
Those two extra I assign to my skills and actually lie myself that I'm one great race starter.
lol huh :rolleyes::D

I noticed that too, but it's not in this game only. In fact... that's the most racing games alike today. For instance F1 series. But since I always make shitty start (thank you manual clutch, like I really need another distraction) and lost at least 3-4 positions, then gaining like 5-6 seems about right to me.
Those two extra I assign to my skills and actually lie myself that I'm one great race starter.
lol huh :rolleyes::D

First, you can turn off manual clutch.
Second, it's fun, because you have to rev right rpm to make a good start and relase the clutch at the same time. Many players just rev it to the limit thinking it;s a good idea - but it isn't.

There is a degree of AI, and they do actually race you, But they've pulled the same trick as with Ride 3: To win you have to race 1 maybe 2 AI. They're that strung out the AI becomes irrelevant a lot of the time.
I ask because a neural AI at least has the possibility to change behaviour/attack if as example the human driver change behaviour/tactics.
Where the rather static socalled AI we know until now only has some kind of scripted manual of what to do in such and such situations.:whistling:

First, you can turn off manual clutch.
Yeah I know. I mean... who doesn't ?
But it's boring with it off. :sneaky:
Second, it's fun, because you have to rev right rpm to make a good start and relase the clutch at the same time. Many players just rev it to the limit thinking it;s a good idea - but it isn't.
I use button for acceleration.
On my Logitech 3D Extreme joystick.
How in the world can I rev it at, say, 22% ?? It's either on or off.
Ok, I can keep press and release button like a maniac but that's still isn't it, right ?

I ask because a neural AI at least has the possibility to change behaviour/attack if as example the human driver change behaviour/tactics.
Where the rather static socalled AI we know until now only has some kind of scripted manual of what to do in such and such situations.:whistling:
It's not scripted in the conventional sense. The bikes will dive into an opening if you leave one, there are actually very few instances that I can count as a dumb move. Piling into your back if you brake very early doesn't count. But remember, the neural part was BEFORE, to develop the AI 'script'.

It's not scripted in the conventional sense. The bikes will dive into an opening if you leave one, there are actually very few instances that I can count as a dumb move. Piling into your back if you brake very early doesn't count. But remember, the neural part was BEFORE, to develop the AI 'script'.
No you are right.
And thats exactly the reason I write "some kind of scripted manual".
But maybe I should have used "some kind of Look Up Table" of what to do in such and such situations.

Yeah I know. I mean... who doesn't ?
But it's boring with it off. :sneaky:

I use button for acceleration.
On my Logitech 3D Extreme joystick.
How in the world can I rev it at, say, 22% ?? It's either on or off.
Ok, I can keep press and release button like a maniac but that's still isn't it, right ?

I'm sorry you play on joystick then, try to use xbox pad or something :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 210 14.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 113 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 213 14.4%