MGP19 MotoGP 19: Multiplayer Features Trailer Revealed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
A new trailer and more information on the multiplayer functionality in MotoGP 19 awaits those who read this article...

Thanks to the ever increasing attentions of developers Milestone S.r.l, the next MotoGP game in what has been a long running franchise of releases looks set to have quite a bit of love and attention lavished on the online gameplay element of the software - so much so that Milestone have decided to release a special 'multiplayer features' trailer to celebrate their achievements.

More freedom, more control and a low latency gaming experience. Enter the MotoGP™19 multiplayer and enjoy the power of the new dedicated servers.

Manage your race, create your own lobby, invite friends and set up your own racing rules with the new Race Director Mode.

That's a pretty solid statement of intent from Milestone, and it will certainly be a welcome improvement over what has occasionally been a less than ideal online experience in previous releases..

MotoGP 19 Gameplay: Want to see the first gameplay from the title? Check THIS out.
Although Milestone are pretty excited about what the online mode within the upcoming title, not much is known about exactly how this will play out in terms of feature depth or usability - the Italian developers are yet to reveal the fine detail of the upgrade, but with release less than a month away now, we won't have long until we can find out for ourselves..

MotoGP 19 is set to release on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC this June 6th.

For more MotoGP 19 news, head over to the MotoGP 19 sub forum and stay in touch with the latest happenings, connecting with your fellow bike racing fans.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

"Hey MotoGP fans! Look at us introducing features that have been standard in gaming for decades, yet we failed to do so for years.

But don`t be sad, we have a great deal for you this time and we`re sure you`ll love it!

Listen to this......you get to have a 2019 skinpack and some generic features and in return you will pay us full price!

Again!"

"laughs in italian" - Milestone

Milestone are so interested in their own game you still can't pre-order on steam to get the pre-order content.
I thought Milestone couldn't surprise me anymore, but just maybe they can. I'm beginning to think they will mess up the Steam sale, no sale until AFTER release date!

I have motorcycle irl. Cant play motorcycle "simulators". Arcades is much better than pseudo realism for believers.

LOLOL.... if you have to post on forums you have a IRL motorcycle and you're too real to play games... you're just a Poser!

I've ridden since I was 12 yrs. old... MX raced since 14 on a 1974 CR 125 Elsinore (Premo bike just research it) and I've raced my car and have completed track days on my CBR 1000. the bike Games... if only there was a proper steering controller. But I've enjoyed bike games since MCM to MXGP Pro, Moto GP, and Monster SX I enjoy them all.... so maybe I'm not a real biker/racer!

Sorry, just have to say.... you're so wrong IMHO!

And I can say without question... I love the

"Hey MotoGP fans! Look at us introducing features that have been standard in gaming for decades, yet we failed to do so for years.

But don`t be sad, we have a great deal for you this time and we`re sure you`ll love it!

Listen to this......you get to have a 2019 skinpack and some generic features and in return you will pay us full price!

Again!"

"laughs in italian" - Milestone

That's so painfully accurate a statement it gave me the giggles when I read it. Then I quoted it anonymously to "Bud" on Milestone's hyper-hyped facebook page.

Every year they take the proverbial water don't they..?! No more Milestone games for me..

Arcade for me is a bit sort of crappy really. And friggin' annoying.. What else can I say? :p
(all about "grippy" grass, dumbed down physics and instant respawns..)
(p.s. which is why I dislike motogp by Milestone to the extent that I have come to dislike it..)
(p.p.s. everyone to their own. In life we tend to vote with our feet..)
(p.p.p.s. "love and peace")

Last edited:
So Youtuber Rob went to their site to test the game.
I've watched his channel and he does tell it like it is, but damn he has some perseverance!
He liked the game.
The things he always complains about appear to have been fixed.
On his channel he races at 120% etc, he tried that on 19 and failed. The ridiculous late breaking and incredible traction are no more. Tyres DO count AND it also affects the AI!
So possibly, just maybe 19 might be the game I'm looking for....just YEARS late!!!!

@Pepper606: Well let's hope that Milestone really have turned things around and that motogp 19 is a reasonably good racing game.. I hope for everyone's sake that it is.

Robo, who I have known for some years now and with whom I used to league race regularly when I organised the leagues at xbla has always been inclined to be pro-Milestone, although he has had a few moans along the way.. the type of games that Milestone produce are Robo's "cup of tea".. even when other regular players walked away from racing online in relative disgust because of the physics model that Milestone imposed on us in 2017.

I think it is impossible to be sure about this one until you get to sample it for yourself. But yes it does look more promising than before..but then again in terms of online connectivity last year it couldn't have been any worse. What intrigues me more is what they have cooked up this time with the physics and more particularly the tyre wear / tyre temperature / tyre grip algorithm. I seem to remember being told by the Milestone development team before that this year the tyre wear modelling would work.. It didn't. It was awful.. We had to turn it off. Then they patched it and it didn't work at all..

AI also can only be better than what we had before..

Last edited:
@girlracerTracey: I think Robo would play Motogp19 iif the bikes had square wheel TBH.
His video about his visit raised my hopes, but I'm still torn over whether to get the game or not.
Not that it matters much just yet, Steam still don't have pre-order option.
Anyone know why that is?

@Pepper606: I will at least sample motogp 19 on pc courtesy of a friend. I think after all the hype it would be impolite not to.. ;)

But there are things that really disappoint me about Milestone's take on motogp and have since I first played it in 2013. The lack of attention to detail and the compromises made over realism in the handling and physics of the bikes in the Pro Physics mode being for me the main problems.. But that's me. Others may well be very happy with it. And yes at least Milestone, this year, probably because they were worried about losing sales, have at least addressed some of the issues that people were concerned over. If Dyego or Giovane were coding the physics I might be more interested.. ;)

This year I have to confess I am more interested in the prospects presented by Bike Sim Experience. I just hope that it's as good as many of us are hoping it will be.

Everyone to their own. And there's nothing wrong with constructive criticism either way..

I hope that finally you get the game you are looking for with motogp 19 Pepper. Same goes for everyone else.. On two wheels we deserve a decent slice of the action too..

@Pepper606 : well whatever has happened "Mildly-Stoned" seem to have got wind of the fact increasingly more and more people are fed-up to the back teeth with their money grabbing short term business model.. Bike Sim Experience has also had a hand in this I would say, I agree. Combined with an increasing minority of disgruntled and disillusioned customers talking back at them over social media.. Even "Bud" seems a little worried..! ;)

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 96 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 71 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 74 9.8%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 46 6.1%
  • < 5 years