MGP19 Motogp 19 Modding Tutorial

Requirements:
1) Download these tools: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/motogp-19-modding-tools.27189/
2) You need Unreal Engine Editor 4.21:
https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtournament/download
3) Also make sure you have Python 2.7 installed:
https://www.python.org/download/releases/2.7/

Video tutorial (How to edit skins):

Text tutorial (skins):

In the tutorial we'll modify a bike skin, but once you know the method you can try with something else.

Section 1: Export
-Launch Umodel.exe (It's in the modding tools)
-Insert the path to MotoGP 19 or navigate to it (Normally it is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MotoGP™19 or wherever you have installed it).
Select "Override Game Detection"
Select "Unreal Engine 4" And "Unreal Engine 4.21"
unknown.png

Then hit OK.
-You'll now have a window with all the directories of the game. Navigate to: motogp19\Content\assets\graphics\vehicles\bikes\cat001\chassis\chassis101'
unknown.png

You'll see a folder for each element of the bike (3D mesh, animation, textures..)
Click on skeletal_meshes and then on chassis101.uasset. You'll see a 3D preview of the object.
unknown.png

If you click on "Tools->Export current object" Umodel will export everything related to the object, but we only need the bike texture.

- Press "O" to exit the 3D preview. Click on "textures" and find the bike livery (it's "livery001_d.uasset"). Click on "Tools->Export".
unknown.png

-Umodel will automatically create a folder called "UmodelExport" located where Umodel.exe is.
You can now find the texture (.tga format) and edit it!

Section 2: Import back in game
Part 1: Prepare your modded textures.
Basically we need to convert our modded .tga texture to .uasset.
- Launch Unreal Engine editor. Select Blank Project, no starter content and name it "Motogp19". Click on Create Project.
unknown.png

- Drag your modded texture here:
View attachment 286734
- Click on File->Save all. This way you will not need to create a new project next time.
- Click on File->Cook content for windows. Wait till it finishes. You can close Unreal Engine now!
Part 2: Repack.
Go into "Import in game" folder. There you will see a folder called "motogp19". Inside it, you need to create the same Directory where you extracted the file from in Umodel:
motogp19\Content\assets\graphics\vehicles\bikes\cat001\chassis\chassis101\textures
Create the missing folders.
- Go to Documents\Unreal Projects\motogp19\Saved\Cooked\WindowsNoEditor\motogp19\Content
here you will wind the files UnrealEngine cooked for you. You should have 3 files. Copy ALL of them into
motogp19\Content\assets\graphics\vehicles\bikes\cat001\chassis\chassis101\textures.
We're almost done!
- Go back into the root of folder "Import in game". Double click repack command.bat
Once it's done (it's quick), you will have a file called "pakchunk0-WindowsNoEditor_X_P.pak". Replace the X with something else, like "pakchunk0-WindowsNoEditor_MyMod_P.pak"
Copy the pak file you created and paste into:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MotoGP™19\motogp19\Content\Paks
or wherever you have installed the game. Make sure you copy it where all the other pak files are.
You're done! Check your mod in game.

Last edited:
solo se puede editar los skins ? me gustaria editar el tiempo de respawn tras un accidente seria posible??

In english:
no, you can edit more than just skins.
just not everything, so I don't know if you can change the respawn time.
Mabay biker7202 knows how to do it.

In spanish:
no, puedes editar más que solo máscaras.
simplemente no todo, así que no sé si puedes cambiar el tiempo de reaparición.
quizás biker7202 sabe si eso es posible.

In english:
no, you can edit more than just skins.
just not everything, so I don't know if you can change the respawn time.
Mabay biker7202 knows how to do it.

In spanish:
no, puedes editar más que solo máscaras.
simplemente no todo, así que no sé si puedes cambiar el tiempo de reaparición.
quizás biker7202 sabe si eso es posible.
Unfortunately I do not know how to do that, my guess is that it’s not possible as it’s not in the database. So it’ll be in uasset somewhere which contain mostly unreadable data and are pretty much impossible to edit

Any way we can extract the bike sounds? I did try with fsb extractor but for some reason the extracted file is not the same file size as the bank file. Although i could extract the music, crowd sounds etc just fine but the bike sounds i cannot.

Any way we can extract the bike sounds? I did try with fsb extractor but for some reason the extracted file is not the same file size as the bank file. Although i could extract the music, crowd sounds etc just fine but the bike sounds i cannot.
Some of them are compressed/encrypted such as the bike sounds so they can’t be extracted with the fsb whereas others like the crowd and music are not so they can be

does anyone know how to change the names of the pilots?
I’ve managed to get it to work now (it takes ages to do as you have to recreate the names part of the localisation file) I’m thinking about writing a program to streamline it so it’s easy for everyone to do and doesn’t need an unreal engine project to do. I’ll keep you updated

I’m thinking about writing a program to streamline it so it’s easy for everyone to do and doesn’t need an unreal engine project to do. I’ll keep you updated

Sorry I know it's been mentioned or asked about before, but the answers are not too clear - can you please confirm for me, in MotoGP19, is it no longer possible to edit the performance of AI?
I am still playing Motgp15, and I like the fact that I can adjust player's abilities or track difficulties (Catalunya I think was too easy compared to other tracks so I was able to balance it a bit).
Is this no longer possible?

Thanks for any info :)

Sorry I know it's been mentioned or asked about before, but the answers are not too clear - can you please confirm for me, in MotoGP19, is it no longer possible to edit the performance of AI?
I am still playing Motgp15, and I like the fact that I can adjust player's abilities or track difficulties (Catalunya I think was too easy compared to other tracks so I was able to balance it a bit).
Is this no longer possible?

Thanks for any info :)
Unfortunately it is not possible to edit AI performance, MotoGP 17 is the most recent game where that is possible

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back