MGP19 Motogp 19 Modding Tutorial

Requirements:
1) Download these tools: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/motogp-19-modding-tools.27189/
2) You need Unreal Engine Editor 4.21:
https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtournament/download
3) Also make sure you have Python 2.7 installed:
https://www.python.org/download/releases/2.7/

Video tutorial (How to edit skins):

Text tutorial (skins):

In the tutorial we'll modify a bike skin, but once you know the method you can try with something else.

Section 1: Export
-Launch Umodel.exe (It's in the modding tools)
-Insert the path to MotoGP 19 or navigate to it (Normally it is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MotoGP™19 or wherever you have installed it).
Select "Override Game Detection"
Select "Unreal Engine 4" And "Unreal Engine 4.21"
unknown.png

Then hit OK.
-You'll now have a window with all the directories of the game. Navigate to: motogp19\Content\assets\graphics\vehicles\bikes\cat001\chassis\chassis101'
unknown.png

You'll see a folder for each element of the bike (3D mesh, animation, textures..)
Click on skeletal_meshes and then on chassis101.uasset. You'll see a 3D preview of the object.
unknown.png

If you click on "Tools->Export current object" Umodel will export everything related to the object, but we only need the bike texture.

- Press "O" to exit the 3D preview. Click on "textures" and find the bike livery (it's "livery001_d.uasset"). Click on "Tools->Export".
unknown.png

-Umodel will automatically create a folder called "UmodelExport" located where Umodel.exe is.
You can now find the texture (.tga format) and edit it!

Section 2: Import back in game
Part 1: Prepare your modded textures.
Basically we need to convert our modded .tga texture to .uasset.
- Launch Unreal Engine editor. Select Blank Project, no starter content and name it "Motogp19". Click on Create Project.
unknown.png

- Drag your modded texture here:
View attachment 286734
- Click on File->Save all. This way you will not need to create a new project next time.
- Click on File->Cook content for windows. Wait till it finishes. You can close Unreal Engine now!
Part 2: Repack.
Go into "Import in game" folder. There you will see a folder called "motogp19". Inside it, you need to create the same Directory where you extracted the file from in Umodel:
motogp19\Content\assets\graphics\vehicles\bikes\cat001\chassis\chassis101\textures
Create the missing folders.
- Go to Documents\Unreal Projects\motogp19\Saved\Cooked\WindowsNoEditor\motogp19\Content
here you will wind the files UnrealEngine cooked for you. You should have 3 files. Copy ALL of them into
motogp19\Content\assets\graphics\vehicles\bikes\cat001\chassis\chassis101\textures.
We're almost done!
- Go back into the root of folder "Import in game". Double click repack command.bat
Once it's done (it's quick), you will have a file called "pakchunk0-WindowsNoEditor_X_P.pak". Replace the X with something else, like "pakchunk0-WindowsNoEditor_MyMod_P.pak"
Copy the pak file you created and paste into:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MotoGP™19\motogp19\Content\Paks
or wherever you have installed the game. Make sure you copy it where all the other pak files are.
You're done! Check your mod in game.

Last edited:
hello guys ... wanna ask something
which files and how to edit the carbon livery for the winter test ?
i edited some of the carbon liverys, cooked it and packed it ... but they wont appear in the game.. still the original one

sorry for my bad english

hello guys ... wanna ask something
which files and how to edit the carbon livery for the winter test ?
i edited some of the carbon liverys, cooked it and packed it ... but they wont appear in the game.. still the original one

sorry for my bad english
Sounds strange, that should do it so I’m not sure why that hasn’t worked

Hello,
I made some textures for the ducati 2006,2007 and suzuki 2007!
And now I have a problem with the suit textures, the suits looks fine in every mode exept in replay, they get washed out!
I havent found any LOD textures in the files for the suits, there are LOD's for the bikes...
Any idea how to fix this!?
suits .jpg

Hello,
I made some textures for the ducati 2006,2007 and suzuki 2007!
And now I have a problem with the suit textures, the suits looks fine in every mode exept in replay, they get washed out!
I havent found any LOD textures in the files for the suits, there are LOD's for the bikes...
Any idea how to fix this!?View attachment 316276
There are no lod textures for the suits so that’s why they can’t be found.

Not sure if this will fix it but it could be worth a try: open up your unreal engine project that you cooked the files in and go to each suit and set the mipmaps to no mipmaps

Ok so the game has been out a little while now so I thought why not start some season mods

What seasons (2000’s onwards ideally) would you like to see?
(If you want to help out by doing some skins for some season mods PM me)

Any news about progress on this?
Really can't wait for some proper season mods.
Also i know for 500cc bikes it's way harder to realice...but a proper 500cc mod would be absolut stunner :confused:

Any news about progress on this?
Really can't wait for some proper season mods.
Also i know for 500cc bikes it's way harder to realice...but a proper 500cc mod would be absolut stunner :confused:
If we could only modify the physics so we were sliding around and popping wheelies after every corner... Milestone let us mod the physics again :( Bring back the old engine or a different one.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back