MGP19 Motogp 19 Modding Tutorial

Requirements:
1) Download these tools: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/motogp-19-modding-tools.27189/
2) You need Unreal Engine Editor 4.21:
https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtournament/download
3) Also make sure you have Python 2.7 installed:
https://www.python.org/download/releases/2.7/

Video tutorial (How to edit skins):

Text tutorial (skins):

In the tutorial we'll modify a bike skin, but once you know the method you can try with something else.

Section 1: Export
-Launch Umodel.exe (It's in the modding tools)
-Insert the path to MotoGP 19 or navigate to it (Normally it is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MotoGP™19 or wherever you have installed it).
Select "Override Game Detection"
Select "Unreal Engine 4" And "Unreal Engine 4.21"
unknown.png

Then hit OK.
-You'll now have a window with all the directories of the game. Navigate to: motogp19\Content\assets\graphics\vehicles\bikes\cat001\chassis\chassis101'
unknown.png

You'll see a folder for each element of the bike (3D mesh, animation, textures..)
Click on skeletal_meshes and then on chassis101.uasset. You'll see a 3D preview of the object.
unknown.png

If you click on "Tools->Export current object" Umodel will export everything related to the object, but we only need the bike texture.

- Press "O" to exit the 3D preview. Click on "textures" and find the bike livery (it's "livery001_d.uasset"). Click on "Tools->Export".
unknown.png

-Umodel will automatically create a folder called "UmodelExport" located where Umodel.exe is.
You can now find the texture (.tga format) and edit it!

Section 2: Import back in game
Part 1: Prepare your modded textures.
Basically we need to convert our modded .tga texture to .uasset.
- Launch Unreal Engine editor. Select Blank Project, no starter content and name it "Motogp19". Click on Create Project.
unknown.png

- Drag your modded texture here:
View attachment 286734
- Click on File->Save all. This way you will not need to create a new project next time.
- Click on File->Cook content for windows. Wait till it finishes. You can close Unreal Engine now!
Part 2: Repack.
Go into "Import in game" folder. There you will see a folder called "motogp19". Inside it, you need to create the same Directory where you extracted the file from in Umodel:
motogp19\Content\assets\graphics\vehicles\bikes\cat001\chassis\chassis101\textures
Create the missing folders.
- Go to Documents\Unreal Projects\motogp19\Saved\Cooked\WindowsNoEditor\motogp19\Content
here you will wind the files UnrealEngine cooked for you. You should have 3 files. Copy ALL of them into
motogp19\Content\assets\graphics\vehicles\bikes\cat001\chassis\chassis101\textures.
We're almost done!
- Go back into the root of folder "Import in game". Double click repack command.bat
Once it's done (it's quick), you will have a file called "pakchunk0-WindowsNoEditor_X_P.pak". Replace the X with something else, like "pakchunk0-WindowsNoEditor_MyMod_P.pak"
Copy the pak file you created and paste into:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MotoGP™19\motogp19\Content\Paks
or wherever you have installed the game. Make sure you copy it where all the other pak files are.
You're done! Check your mod in game.

Last edited:
I've been looking at rider transfers as a few people have asked and obviously I needed to figure it out for my yearly season mod. I'm gonna be honest with you all, we're pretty f***ed very restricted. Some of this could be subject to change but this is what I gather so far based on prior knowledge of the last game and examination of this games files.

I can change the teams fine as it's the same as last years game but unlike last years game the physics aren't determined by the team but each individual rider themselves. If you remember on my 2019 mod for last years game I couldn't make the Petronas Yamaha (Which Replaced Angel Nieto Team) handle like a Yamaha as the file is structured in such a way that makes it impossible to edit as the length of the file may not be altered and also each entry only appears once. i.e. the Yamaha physics file only shows once in the whole file but is linked to each team that uses it. Well in effect this year it's the same file so I can't edit it but instead of a team loading a certain physics file it's a certain rider loading a certain physics file which is much worse for us in my opinion.

Just for the sake of clarity
Lets say for example I put Alex Marquez onto a Repsol Honda basically in the menus and stuff it'll show Repsol Honda and will look all fine. When you head onto track he'll be riding slowly and going off track as the bike is behaving extremely odd and the ai can't control it. You can try the bike yourself and you will see how weird it feels to use. This is because the game is loading a Kalex physics file but applying it to the MotoGP base rather than Moto2 hence the odd behaviour of the bike.

Sorry about the length if this post I just had to let you all know the current situation. It looks like we will have to go back to editing names and flags to make it appear like rider transfers have occurred which as I said earlier is much more restrictive than just using any pilot key you want.

In terms of editing names the language file is massive this year so I haven't got far in rebuilding it into an editable version for unreal engine editor so it'll be a while.

^^^PLus there is something about the bike models too.....last year we had bike models for each and every bike....but this time it uses only one model for he same bike in use...
ex-as you must know factory ducati uses gp 19 bikes...and so as the miller.....if you change or alter the bike mode.....it'll effect all three.....

biker is right .......we are a little bit F***** up....maybe milestone has plans to make more history packs...just like they did in valentino rossi the game......

^^^PLus there is something about the bike models too.....last year we had bike models for each and every bike....but this time it uses only one model for he same bike in use...
ex-as you must know factory ducati uses gp 19 bikes...and so as the miller.....if you change or alter the bike mode.....it'll effect all three.....

biker is right .......we are a little bit F***** up....maybe milestone has plans to make more history packs...just like they did in valentino rossi the game......
We still have models for each bike, last year if you changed a model it’d change that model for everyone so nothings changed in that respect

They should honestly go back to their old graphics engine... Obviously it won't happen but it will please us pc users. I don't give a **** about graphics, just better physics and new created content by you guys. Plus there were some people that were making graphics mods, making the game look much better than today's games. Milestone is getting worse by the game.

@BIKER7202
it is not like motgp 18.....in moto gp 18 we were able to change a bike without affecting the other....
ex---
(speester05's aero fairing mod lorenzo version..)this won't affect any bike but lorenzo's....

but in motogp 19 you cannot do that..okay...let's take ducati gp19 for an example.....there are 3 bikes....but there is only one model......it uses 3 liveries somehow.....
you can check it in the umodel.....go to bikes/cat001/chassis/-->and you''ll find the answer
respect

i'm replaced the gp 19 bike with the gp 18 ones see what happens guys...
peturxi's bike
rJ2pcPg.png
dov's bike..
J8Z5JWY.png
carreir bike...(custom gp19)...
EX4DhcH.png

i dont know how to assign their own liveries to each bike.....there is only one skeletal mesh for all three...we need to find a way to assign the 3 liveries to the bike model......only hope is jonix or biker....

Last edited:
i'm replaced the gp 19 bike with the gp 18 ones see what happens guys...
peturxi's bike
rJ2pcPg.png
dov's bike..
J8Z5JWY.png
carreir bike...(custom gp19)...
EX4DhcH.png

i dont know how to assign their own liveries to each bike.....there is only one skeletal mesh for all three...we need to find a way to assign the 3 liveries to the bike model......only hope is jonix or biker....
You have to remove the numbers at the end of the material slot names

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back