MGP19 Motogp 19 Modding Tutorial

Requirements:
1) Download these tools: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/motogp-19-modding-tools.27189/
2) You need Unreal Engine Editor 4.21:
https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtournament/download
3) Also make sure you have Python 2.7 installed:
https://www.python.org/download/releases/2.7/

Video tutorial (How to edit skins):

Text tutorial (skins):

In the tutorial we'll modify a bike skin, but once you know the method you can try with something else.

Section 1: Export
-Launch Umodel.exe (It's in the modding tools)
-Insert the path to MotoGP 19 or navigate to it (Normally it is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MotoGP™19 or wherever you have installed it).
Select "Override Game Detection"
Select "Unreal Engine 4" And "Unreal Engine 4.21"
unknown.png

Then hit OK.
-You'll now have a window with all the directories of the game. Navigate to: motogp19\Content\assets\graphics\vehicles\bikes\cat001\chassis\chassis101'
unknown.png

You'll see a folder for each element of the bike (3D mesh, animation, textures..)
Click on skeletal_meshes and then on chassis101.uasset. You'll see a 3D preview of the object.
unknown.png

If you click on "Tools->Export current object" Umodel will export everything related to the object, but we only need the bike texture.

- Press "O" to exit the 3D preview. Click on "textures" and find the bike livery (it's "livery001_d.uasset"). Click on "Tools->Export".
unknown.png

-Umodel will automatically create a folder called "UmodelExport" located where Umodel.exe is.
You can now find the texture (.tga format) and edit it!

Section 2: Import back in game
Part 1: Prepare your modded textures.
Basically we need to convert our modded .tga texture to .uasset.
- Launch Unreal Engine editor. Select Blank Project, no starter content and name it "Motogp19". Click on Create Project.
unknown.png

- Drag your modded texture here:
View attachment 286734
- Click on File->Save all. This way you will not need to create a new project next time.
- Click on File->Cook content for windows. Wait till it finishes. You can close Unreal Engine now!
Part 2: Repack.
Go into "Import in game" folder. There you will see a folder called "motogp19". Inside it, you need to create the same Directory where you extracted the file from in Umodel:
motogp19\Content\assets\graphics\vehicles\bikes\cat001\chassis\chassis101\textures
Create the missing folders.
- Go to Documents\Unreal Projects\motogp19\Saved\Cooked\WindowsNoEditor\motogp19\Content
here you will wind the files UnrealEngine cooked for you. You should have 3 files. Copy ALL of them into
motogp19\Content\assets\graphics\vehicles\bikes\cat001\chassis\chassis101\textures.
We're almost done!
- Go back into the root of folder "Import in game". Double click repack command.bat
Once it's done (it's quick), you will have a file called "pakchunk0-WindowsNoEditor_X_P.pak". Replace the X with something else, like "pakchunk0-WindowsNoEditor_MyMod_P.pak"
Copy the pak file you created and paste into:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MotoGP™19\motogp19\Content\Paks
or wherever you have installed the game. Make sure you copy it where all the other pak files are.
You're done! Check your mod in game.

Last edited:
Ok guys, just thought I'll give you all a quick update on the name changing, now bearing in mind I'm still very new to this games file structure, but with help from @BIKER7202 I was able to change the text database's hierarchy so now the same names are no longer key linked together :thumbsup: so now Rossi's name can be changed independently from each other.
VfEddsf.jpg

I'm hoping that this new text structure might make it possible to rig up an editing tool to change them on the fly :thumbsup: but it very early days. I'll keep working at it and keep you all updated.

nvm, found it..

But there's a problem when i changed the visor color, the visor became darker in the race session
motogp19-Win64-Shipping 2021-03-30 23-31-26-07.png

And then became brighter when entering the podium.
motogp19-Win64-Shipping 2021-03-30 23-53-16-14.png

The result i wanted to achieve is like in the youtube video i showed above, any clue?

Last edited:
hi sorry for bothering you again, did you know how to change MotoGP 19 official rider helmet model? want to change rossi helmet to bell model. is that possible?
Yeah it is, you’ll need to edit “HelmetsDataTable” located in “Content\assets\graphics\bindings\rider”

You want to find Rossi’s entry and change where is says .helmet042 followed by a bunch of letters to the Bell model number and the letters that follow that (keep the last letter the same as the original Rossi entry though or it’ll crash the game)

Next you’ll want to edit Rossi’s Helmet customization data asset, called helmet042_106.

This is located in “Content\assets\graphics\characters\riders\riderShared\helmets\helmet042\customization_data”

You need to change anything that says helmet042 or visor042 and the few letters that follow (again except the last one) to the equivalent from a Bell rider’s customization data file.

Leave the parts that refer to the material instances, mat_helmet106 and mat_visor106 the same as default.

If you did everything correctly Rossi should now have a Bell helmet

Yeah it is, you’ll need to edit “HelmetsDataTable” located in “Content\assets\graphics\bindings\rider”

You want to find Rossi’s entry and change where is says .helmet042 followed by a bunch of letters to the Bell model number and the letters that follow that (keep the last letter the same as the original Rossi entry though or it’ll crash the game)

Next you’ll want to edit Rossi’s Helmet customization data asset, called helmet042_106.

This is located in “Content\assets\graphics\characters\riders\riderShared\helmets\helmet042\customization_data”

You need to change anything that says helmet042 or visor042 and the few letters that follow (again except the last one) to the equivalent from a Bell rider’s customization data file.

Leave the parts that refer to the material instances, mat_helmet106 and mat_visor106 the same as default.

how can you remember all of that, its amazing i really appreciate your help thank you so much:). oh ya i want to ask you again 1 little question, so i have succes changed hjc 11 to hjc 01r. i extract hjc 01r models from

"game/assets/graphics/characters/riders/ridershared/helmets/helmet054/skeletal_meshes"

then i open it with 3ds max and export it as fbx like you said in my previous question

after that i cook it with unreal engine and repack it into pak file, but when i open the game the visor texture its gone i already try everything and can't make it appear. if you are willing will you tell me where is my mistake? I put the file link here. Thank you very much:)

how can you remember all of that, its amazing i really appreciate your help thank you so much:). oh ya i want to ask you again 1 little question, so i have succes changed hjc 11 to hjc 01r. i extract hjc 01r models from

"game/assets/graphics/characters/riders/ridershared/helmets/helmet054/skeletal_meshes"

then i open it with 3ds max and export it as fbx like you said in my previous question

after that i cook it with unreal engine and repack it into pak file, but when i open the game the visor texture its gone i already try everything and can't make it appear. if you are willing will you tell me where is my mistake? I put the file link here. Thank you very much:)

I think it might be because you've packed a material instance in the pak file (mat_visor000), if you remove that I think it should work.

You should definitely get rid of the physicsAssets too (might cause some weird problems).
When you're in unreal engine open the models and go to where it says Physics Asset, click the drop down and select clear, then you can delete them and the game won't crash.

Another thing that might cause you issues down the road is that the skeleton should be: "/Content/assets/graphics/characters/riders/riderShared/helmets/helmetShared/skeletons/Helmet_Skeleton"
Put it there in unreal engine and then don't include the skeleton in the pak file, you only need to put the actual mesh and any textures in the pak file.

Hopefully that should fix the issue.

so i need to import fbx file to unreal engine, then in unreal engine delete the physic asset and cook it. after cook the file delete the skeleton file and pack it as .pak file

is it correct?
I think it might be because you've packed a material instance in the pak file (mat_visor000), if you remove that I think it should work.

You should definitely get rid of the physicsAssets too (might cause some weird problems).
When you're in unreal engine open the models and go to where it says Physics Asset, click the drop down and select clear, then you can delete them and the game won't crash.

Another thing that might cause you issues down the road is that the skeleton should be: "/Content/assets/graphics/characters/riders/riderShared/helmets/helmetShared/skeletons/Helmet_Skeleton"
Put it there in unreal engine and then don't include the skeleton in the pak file, you only need to put the actual mesh and any textures in the pak file.

Hopefully that should fix the issue.

well sorry to say that your method doesn't solve this problem, but i really appreciate every single words you said and your patience when teaching me. thank you so much for your help, have a nice day sir! :)
They were just based on quick observations, I’ll take a deeper look into the files and check what the issue might be.

If deleting that material instance file didn’t fix it, it’s most likely the material slots.

If you open your visor models in unreal engine, look at the materials it has on and you’ll see a white box on the right hand side (might say mat_visor000). Click in the box and change it to say visor_mat.

Do the same for the helmet but use helmet_mat instead.

Hopefully that helps

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back