MGP19 Motogp 19 Modding Tutorial

Requirements:
1) Download these tools: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/motogp-19-modding-tools.27189/
2) You need Unreal Engine Editor 4.21:
https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtournament/download
3) Also make sure you have Python 2.7 installed:
https://www.python.org/download/releases/2.7/

Video tutorial (How to edit skins):

Text tutorial (skins):

In the tutorial we'll modify a bike skin, but once you know the method you can try with something else.

Section 1: Export
-Launch Umodel.exe (It's in the modding tools)
-Insert the path to MotoGP 19 or navigate to it (Normally it is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MotoGP™19 or wherever you have installed it).
Select "Override Game Detection"
Select "Unreal Engine 4" And "Unreal Engine 4.21"
unknown.png

Then hit OK.
-You'll now have a window with all the directories of the game. Navigate to: motogp19\Content\assets\graphics\vehicles\bikes\cat001\chassis\chassis101'
unknown.png

You'll see a folder for each element of the bike (3D mesh, animation, textures..)
Click on skeletal_meshes and then on chassis101.uasset. You'll see a 3D preview of the object.
unknown.png

If you click on "Tools->Export current object" Umodel will export everything related to the object, but we only need the bike texture.

- Press "O" to exit the 3D preview. Click on "textures" and find the bike livery (it's "livery001_d.uasset"). Click on "Tools->Export".
unknown.png

-Umodel will automatically create a folder called "UmodelExport" located where Umodel.exe is.
You can now find the texture (.tga format) and edit it!

Section 2: Import back in game
Part 1: Prepare your modded textures.
Basically we need to convert our modded .tga texture to .uasset.
- Launch Unreal Engine editor. Select Blank Project, no starter content and name it "Motogp19". Click on Create Project.
unknown.png

- Drag your modded texture here:
View attachment 286734
- Click on File->Save all. This way you will not need to create a new project next time.
- Click on File->Cook content for windows. Wait till it finishes. You can close Unreal Engine now!
Part 2: Repack.
Go into "Import in game" folder. There you will see a folder called "motogp19". Inside it, you need to create the same Directory where you extracted the file from in Umodel:
motogp19\Content\assets\graphics\vehicles\bikes\cat001\chassis\chassis101\textures
Create the missing folders.
- Go to Documents\Unreal Projects\motogp19\Saved\Cooked\WindowsNoEditor\motogp19\Content
here you will wind the files UnrealEngine cooked for you. You should have 3 files. Copy ALL of them into
motogp19\Content\assets\graphics\vehicles\bikes\cat001\chassis\chassis101\textures.
We're almost done!
- Go back into the root of folder "Import in game". Double click repack command.bat
Once it's done (it's quick), you will have a file called "pakchunk0-WindowsNoEditor_X_P.pak". Replace the X with something else, like "pakchunk0-WindowsNoEditor_MyMod_P.pak"
Copy the pak file you created and paste into:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MotoGP™19\motogp19\Content\Paks
or wherever you have installed the game. Make sure you copy it where all the other pak files are.
You're done! Check your mod in game.

Last edited:
They were just based on quick observations, I’ll take a deeper look into the files and check what the issue might be.

If deleting that material instance file didn’t fix it, it’s most likely the material slots.

If you open your visor models in unreal engine, look at the materials it has on and you’ll see a white box on the right hand side (might say mat_visor000). Click in the box and change it to say visor_mat.

Do the same for the helmet but use helmet_mat instead.

Hopefully that helps
still not working:')

HEY THERE FINALLY ITS WORKING

i make mistake in "mat_helmet/visor***" file because i put it inside "skeletal_meshes" folder which i should create a new folder called "material_instances" and put the file inside it then cook it

after cook the file i delete the material_instances folder like you said and repack it as pak file. thank you so much for your help, i owe you so much for this:)

SIUUUUUUUUU FINALLY.png

HEY THERE FINALLY ITS WORKING

i make mistake in "mat_helmet/visor***" file because i put it inside "skeletal_meshes" folder which i should create a new folder called "material_instances" and put the file inside it then cook it

after cook the file i delete the material_instances folder like you said and repack it as pak file. thank you so much for your help, i owe you so much for this:)

View attachment 523731
Nice, glad it's working

Well, may as well ask here.

How exactly are you supposed to edit the rider's name? Where would the localization file be, what programs you need to edit it, and if you have to use Unreal Engine to repackage everything like a normal mod would?

Well, may as well ask here.

How exactly are you supposed to edit the rider's name? Where would the localization file be, what programs you need to edit it, and if you have to use Unreal Engine to repackage everything like a normal mod would?
The localization files are located in content/localization/game_specific_names.

You’ll need to use a program called quickbms along with the unreal tournament plug-in to extract them.

Then you need to edit the manifest file and the archive files for each language (you can just copy and paste one over the others).

You can edit them using any text editor (E.g. notepad or notepad++) since they are just JSON files.

Once they’re edited create a new unreal engine project and go to the localization dashboard, change the namespace from “game” to “game_specific_names”.

Next add all the cultures used by the game (languages are called cultures in unreal).

Now get your modded files, copy them, go to the folder your unreal project is located in and paste the files over the corresponding ones created by the project. (YOURPROJECT/content/localization/game_specific_names)

Now return to the project, click compile translations.

Finally get the localization folder from your project and pack into a pak file and you’re done.

Hope that helps, let me know if you have any questions :)

The localization files are located in content/localization/game_specific_names.

You’ll need to use a program called quickbms along with the unreal tournament plug-in to extract them.

Then you need to edit the manifest file and the archive files for each language (you can just copy and paste one over the others).

You can edit them using any text editor (E.g. notepad or notepad++) since they are just JSON files.

Once they’re edited create a new unreal engine project and go to the localization dashboard, change the namespace from “game” to “game_specific_names”.

Next add all the cultures used by the game (languages are called cultures in unreal).

Now get your modded files, copy them, go to the folder your unreal project is located in and paste the files over the corresponding ones created by the project. (YOURPROJECT/content/localization/game_specific_names)

Now return to the project, click compile translations.

Finally get the localization folder from your project and pack into a pak file and you’re done.

Hope that helps, let me know if you have any questions :)
In the game files? Because I checked out, and the folder "localization" is nowhere to be found

In theory it should be possible to replace an animation with a custom one. However I have no idea how you’d go about creating one
well i made it!, i export 3d as psk and animation as psa. then i import 3d and animation to blender and export it as alembic, after that i import it in keyshot and make this photo:)

Attachments

• MotoGP19.19.jpg
    MotoGP19.19.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 53

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back