• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Motogp 19 Modding Tutorial

Discussion in 'MotoGP 19 - The Game' started by BIKER7202, Jun 11, 2019.

1. BIKER7202

BIKER7202

Ratings:
    +299
    Requirements:
    1) Download these tools: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/motogp-19-modding-tools.27189/
    2) You need Unreal Engine Editor 4.21:
    https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtournament/download
    3) Also make sure you have Python 2.7 installed:
    https://www.python.org/download/releases/2.7/

Video tutorial (How to edit skins):
    Will Be Uploaded Soon

Text tutorial (skins):

In the tutorial we'll modify a bike skin, but once you know the method you can try with something else.

Section 1: Export
    -Launch Umodel.exe (It's in the modding tools)
    -Insert the path to MotoGP 19 or navigate to it (Normally it is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MotoGP™19 or wherever you have installed it).
    Select "Override Game Detection"
    Select "Unreal Engine 4" And "Unreal Engine 4.21"
    [​IMG]
    Then hit OK.
    -You'll now have a window with all the directories of the game. Navigate to: motogp19\Content\assets\graphics\vehicles\bikes\cat001\chassis\chassis101'
    [​IMG]
    You'll see a folder for each element of the bike (3D mesh, animation, textures..)
    Click on skeletal_meshes and then on chassis101.uasset. You'll see a 3D preview of the object.
    [​IMG]
    If you click on "Tools->Export current object" Umodel will export everything related to the object, but we only need the bike texture.

- Press "O" to exit the 3D preview. Click on "textures" and find the bike livery (it's "livery001_d.uasset"). Click on "Tools->Export".
    [​IMG]
    -Umodel will automatically create a folder called "UmodelExport" located where Umodel.exe is.
    You can now find the texture (.tga format) and edit it!

Section 2: Import back in game
    Part 1: Prepare your modded textures.
    Basically we need to convert our modded .tga texture to .uasset.
    - Launch Unreal Engine editor. Select Blank Project, no starter content and name it "Motogp19". Click on Create Project.
    [​IMG]
    - Drag your modded texture here:
    View attachment 286734
    - Click on File->Save all. This way you will not need to create a new project next time.
    - Click on File->Cook content for windows. Wait till it finishes. You can close Unreal Engine now!
    Part 2: Repack.
    Go into "Import in game" folder. There you will see a folder called "motogp19". Inside it, you need to create the same Directory where you extracted the file from in Umodel:
    motogp19\Content\assets\graphics\vehicles\bikes\cat001\chassis\chassis101\textures
    Create the missing folders.
    - Go to Documents\Unreal Projects\motogp19\Saved\Cooked\WindowsNoEditor\motogp19\Content
    here you will wind the files UnrealEngine cooked for you. You should have 3 files. Copy ALL of them into
    motogp19\Content\assets\graphics\vehicles\bikes\cat001\chassis\chassis101\textures.
    We're almost done!
    - Go back into the root of folder "Import in game". Double click repack command.bat
    Once it's done (it's quick), you will have a file called "pakchunk0-WindowsNoEditor_X_P.pak". Replace the X with something else, like "pakchunk0-WindowsNoEditor_MyMod_P.pak"
    Copy the pak file you created and paste into:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MotoGP™19\motogp19\Content\Paks
    or wherever you have installed the game. Make sure you copy it where all the other pak files are.
    You're done! Check your mod in game.

• Beer Beer x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Nonox_46

Nonox_46

Ratings:
    +0
    sorry but where you found the helmet ? because I think is not like last year

3. Zakuten

Zakuten

Ratings:
    +4
    its on assets/graphics/characters/riders/riderShared/helmets folder, there you can find all helmets for all categories

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Nonox_46

Nonox_46

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks you !

5. Laksu

Laksu

Ratings:
    +44
    Where can I find the unreal engine editor? i installed it, but can't find it

6. BIKER7202

BIKER7202

Ratings:
    +299
    Did it not make a desktop shortcut?

7. Laksu

Laksu

Ratings:
    +44
    no

8. Laksu

Laksu

Ratings:
    +44
    i tried to uninstall it, but it would delete whole epic games launcher from my PC

9. adrian_melandri

adrian_melandri

Ratings:
    +8
    hey, I can't seem to have the .pak file after I clicked repack command.bat. I have Pyton 2.7 installed and all the uasset in the folder.

10. sancho_cap

sancho_cap

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    Anyone knows how i should change the camera cause i really like the top down style or at least a really far camera.
    Thank you so much

11. BIKER7202

BIKER7202

Ratings:
    +299
    I don’t think it’s possible

12. BIKER7202

BIKER7202

Ratings:
    +299
    Strange, have you got any other python versions installed? Because that can mess with the script I think

13. BIKER7202

BIKER7202

Ratings:
    +299
    If you just uninstall the ue4 editor it won’t uninstall the whole epic games launcher

14. Laksu

Laksu

Ratings:
    +44
    That is what i get when i click remove
    [​IMG]

15. adrian_melandri

adrian_melandri

Ratings:
    +8
    nope. so when ever i try to do the command with cmd, it always says that u4pak.py error too few arguments or something like that. and when I tried to open it with PowerShell, I copied the command and then nothing happened. even with ".\" before the command.

16. Laksu

Laksu

Ratings:
    +44
    Do I have to install Unreal engine from the launcher or what?

17. BIKER7202

BIKER7202

Ratings:
    +299
    Yes that’s what you have to do

18. BIKER7202

BIKER7202

Ratings:
    +299
    Hmm, I’d say try reinstalling python then

19. Aitze

Aitze

Ratings:
    +31
    Delete

20. Giovaneveterano

Giovaneveterano

Ratings:
    +670
    A bit offtopic here. It's possible to edit the camera? I'd love to have an onboard camera like this one:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.