MGP18 MotoGP 18 WIP Thread

Tracks
SWUNWD8.jpg

HYCREuc.jpg

Sorry for putting this here as it's nothing else but progress for the forum that I suggest:
Maybe we should create a "Modding Questions" thread soon? Some of you skilled modders are starting to get into the groove a little and perhaps it's time to create one.

That's all for now, thanks for your attention! :)

Little experiment. I'm trying to retexturize Austin external kerbs according to FIM regulations
Milestone just added a second row of normal kerbs, like in F1
wLsyqN1.png

So I bought the game today and been trying to mess with a few things, (learning for 2019 mod) how do you edit database?
I have made some textures (I have more based on 2018 mods for Motogp 17):
\
livery010_d.gif
livery017_d.gif
suit_804_d.gif

Little experiment. I'm trying to retexturize Austin external kerbs according to FIM regulations
Milestone just added a second row of normal kerbs, like in F1
wLsyqN1.png

I take back what I said about modability. I know you can edit FMOD files, in theory we could technically make a 2/4 stroke legends mods.

gXXiILQ.jpg

Coming in my next update

Ducati Post Qatar livery
nAX6504.jpg

So I bought ...
Databases are contained in .uasset files. Extract the files with umodel and try to import them in your Unreal Project, they should be editable
... I know you can edit FMOD files...
FMOD files are not moddable...
Yeah, I mean things like what software do you use to edit 3d file .psk, and what format should be exported and cooked in UE4?
Send me a PM

Databases are contained in .uasset files. Extract the files with umodel and try to import them in your Unreal Project, they should be editable
I tried extracting them and it does nothing, I can save them though, which just puts them in a directory called umodelsave or something which is fine as I can still access them (only putting that in just in case it creates issues). They seem to error out when you import them into the Unreal Project and if they do get imported they seem corrupted. I looked around some unreal engine forums to little avail, they all say something about migrating .uasset files from one project to another which requires the base project. I apologise if I’m missing something but it’s part of the learning process I guess, if I figure it out I’ll post it here.

I tried extracting them and it does nothing, I can save them though, which just puts them in a directory called umodelsave or something which is fine as I can still access them (only putting that in just in case it creates issues). They seem to error out when you import them into the Unreal Project and if they do get imported they seem corrupted. I looked around some unreal engine forums to little avail, they all say something about migrating .uasset files from one project to another which requires the base project. I apologise if I’m missing something but it’s part of the learning process I guess, if I figure it out I’ll post it here.
Never tried editing databases, but try this:
copy the extracted .uasset file into the content folder of your project
Documents/Unreal Projects/Projectname/Content/randomfolder

Then launch UE, you should find the file in the content editor now. Try to open itt

Never tried editing databases, but try this:
copy the extracted .uasset file into the content folder of your project
Documents/Unreal Projects/Projectname/Content/randomfolder

Then launch UE, you should find the file in the content editor now. Try to open itt
Well it didn't error out which is good but it doesn't do anything when I click edit.
upload_2018-6-16_12-24-15.png
upload_2018-6-16_12-24-45.png

You can try opening it with HxD editor
Fact is datatables are not standard Unreal Engine items, I think they were custom made by Milestone, so it's not possible to edit them in UE4 editor
Thanks, they now open with this program (I've not been able to do anything with it yet but they now open)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back