MGP18 MotoGP 18 Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
MotoGP 18 Released 1.jpg MotoGP 18 Released 2.jpg MotoGP 18 Released 3.jpg MotoGP 18 Released 4.jpg MotoGP 18 Released 5.jpg MotoGP 18 Released 6.jpg
Milestone have released their latest official videogame of the premier class MotoGP series - introducing MotoGP 18.

Released to PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 earlier today, MotoGP 18 is the official racing game of the 2018 MotoGP bike racing series, and represents a significant upgrading of the MotoGP game franchise by Milestone Srl, the long running Italian development studio.

Using Unreal 4 graphics for the first time in the history of the franchise, MotoGP 18 presents a very distinct visual improvement over previous versions of the title, an improvement that promises to be just the tip of the iceberg with regards to improvements for this exciting new game.

According to Milestone, MotoGP 18 has been practically built from the ground up for this latest release, significantly enhancing the visuals and physics to better represent the world of top level motorcycle racing.

Featuring the premier class MotoGP series, including star riders such as Valentino Rossi, Marc Marquez and Dani Pedrosa right the way through to the Red Bull Rookies Cup, including supporting classes Moto3 and Moto2, MotoGP 18 looks set to produce a comprehensive representation of the professional bike racing ladder.

Available on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC, MotoGP 18 is available now, with Nintendo Switch release to follow later in the year.

Check out the MotoGP 18 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news from the official videogame of the MotoGP bike racing series.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

What are your impressions of the new game? Do you like MotoGP 18? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
200% res gives me 30 FPS, 100% gives me 60FPS...
Increase resolution will never add more FPS ... unless your PC is bottlenecking the GPU (Cpu limitation) and stressing more the GPU, only if Video Card rendering like Textures-Shaders etc increase, there'll be more work on GPU than CPU (like in Arma3) so you stop the bottleneck and give you more fps... but unless this is the case (rare) it is the opposite... 200% resolution means that your GPU is upscaling x2 your internal resolution (native from your monitor) if you're using 1920x1080 then you'll render 3840x2160 upscale (via DSR for example) you can use the same method in your desktop, etc...
Upscale= Stress on GPU

So.... I decided I liked too much what I saw and purchased it off CDKeys.
With win360ce I was able to remap my Xbox360 gamepad to what I was used from previous titles.

I have to say once it's sorted out it's actually really nice. I adore the new "hangoff-helmetcam" which is about the most dynamic experience I've ever had on a PC bike sim. The Top Class bikes and riders look great, the lower classes lack some cockpit detail but okay...

Physics feel very decent, love that grass is no longer a safe zone, the ability to set AI stepless will also be very, very welcome to make races enjoyable. Also seems to me that collisions with the AI are now more survivable, which is good because that was a pain in the '16 release.

I'm not sure how much really changed on the track detail, but I believe the "scanned" claim.

As usual Milestone delivered a mostly bug-free game on initial release, and this time they might well have delivered their best bike game to date.

Will be fun, once we have ACC, to play two different real-life series in 2018 on the same visual level.

But is that real triple screen support? By setting surround in Nvidia CPL i can get most games to display 5760 but they are stretched and it looks bad on the side monitors.
Yeah I use Nvidia CPL and the only game I can't get that res is MXGP 3 which is a shame.
I would say it's not full triple screen support but it's close enough, I really enjoy Ride 2 and iom TT in triples, feels fast.

I used x360ce for Thrustmaster T150 in previous game already, but nah... I forgot the stuff around, would you guys help me in setting it up for this one either?
Tried to just move x360ce files from MGP17 to MGP18, but seems to have no effect.

Would any of you lads help me with that?

Hows the braking? I'm quite a fan in the main of Milestones games but the braking is FAR too easy even in full on sim mode. I'm hoping it's less of "mash the front brake as hard as you can" kind of thing now.

Braking feels good to me, on Pro mode, with individual front and rear braking, it is possible to adjust the angle of the bike nicely on the brakes. I'm no bike game expert and it was a good few years since my last serious play of MotoGP. Just mashing the front brake into corners makes the front wheel fold under and causes a crash. The rear brake is good for adding stopping power in a straight line but can also be used to slide the rear of the bike and change the angle entry into the corner, it can also be useful for gently trimming the line in fast sweepers. Too much rear brake and the rider does his best superman impression.

As I know you play IOM TT, as a comparison it's a million miles better than the braking in that game. I know what I did wrong in MotoGP 18, I still often have no idea why I lost the bike on the brakes in IOM TT.

One last thing I noticed is the adjustable engine braking effect in MotoGP is really strong, I find the bike more flowing with EB set to off and the braking slightly easier as a result.

Best of all MotoGP 18 is superbly playable on Pro mode with no assists and I can't remember ever thinking that about a bike game before.

I like how smooth the gameplay is. Riding with the Yamaha is beautiful, it feels like what doing what I see on TV in real life.

One thing I noticed is that you have to really have aggressive on the front to lose it, it should be less forgiving. I never crash because of that, but mainly because of high-sides. I don't really get why the others complain about it?? It's not F1.

I did three races online, I won the first, and then in the second one there were so many idiots...I crashed 4 times because of others zig-zagging. It's anyway much more playable than in the past.

Is there a way to turn off the microphone for the others?? Instead of muting every single player?

I am using x360ce as well.

It registering correctly as xbox controller.

But have massive problem it won't let me register right stick as accelerator as its mapped for stupid rotate camera.
Left stick works for steer and it allows me to map left stick for rotate camera and right stick for steer ,but why can't I map right stick as gas instead of button???

Without ability to feather throttle how can you even drive.

Only have 2 hours to try it before steam doesn't accept refund.

Any tips to help a newbie to the MotoGP series? I ride in real life but it feels like I'm handling a cargo ship around Jerez at the moment.

I just can't seem to get the turns down correctly and either run wide or lose too much speed on turn in and then struggle to keep the bike on the tarmac. Really hard and totally unforgiving; can't even keep up in the Rookie Cup on the lowest AI setting ffs. Might have to return this if I can't even have an enjoyable race.

Any tips to help a newbie to the MotoGP series?
As every racing game my tip is PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE. Learn to take every lap the same lines and be consistent as you would do in real life, there's no other hint you'll need.

My only complain about the handling is that the bike go back upright way too fast and it's hard to keep a smooth line through the corner using just the left stick. You'll get used to it tho.

Giovaneveterano I totally aggree with you but this game is very irregular. Sometimes I do 1,54 in qatar and I get the best time when sometimes the AI does 1,51 (using 120% realism). Sometimes using the same bike I fall on the grass, sometimes I don't. I don't understand the game sometimes.

Any tips to help a newbie to the MotoGP series? I ride in real life but it feels like I'm handling a cargo ship around Jerez at the moment.

I just can't seem to get the turns down correctly and either run wide or lose too much speed on turn in and then struggle to keep the bike on the tarmac. Really hard and totally unforgiving; can't even keep up in the Rookie Cup on the lowest AI setting ffs. Might have to return this if I can't even have an enjoyable race.

Using the Time Trial in Quick Events can also help. Select a reasonably quick ghost time from the leaderboard and you will have the other riders ghost to follow around the track and learn the lines. I've had to do that for several of the circuits that were new to me.

@AussieDucker Using both breaks help too. Try to figure out how it works. Easly...Front break is stronger and give a understeer, Rear gives the chance to ride tihghter in the curve or stabilise bike in it. I break both befor curve came and than use front or rear if i need small correction in curve. And dot be affraid to turn little earlier as is lokks like. And just...prcatice... Like in all (not only games) the results will come with time.

Before I really got into MGP15 I really struggled with bike games (as an ex biker it just felt wrong the way a bike was controlled by a pad), but MGP15 was so smooth that I managed to persevere but it did take quite a while. Personally the only tips I can give are (bear in mind I don't have "this" game, but it sounds similar to previous Milestone game (I have 4 of them)) you HAVE to think about the steering inputs for corners way earlier than what you'd do in a car game i.e. in a chicane if you arn't already putting in the steering for the second of the corners by the time you hit the apex of the 1st corner you arn't going to get a good line on the second apex. If you havn't already, try and get used to steering with the throttle and the brakes rather than angle of lean. Also corner entry is critical, it's not so easy but you have to start slightly turning in a long way before the apex (this requires a lot of trail braking!) . Then again this is how "I" do it and it may not be right advice for you. It did take some "rewiring" of my brain to get it down reasonably ok. I can win most races in MGP15,VR46, RIDE! and RIDE!2 on max Ai 3rd person. Slower bikes I can win 1st person but the faster the bike I often have to drop to hard to win.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back