MGP18 MotoGP 18 Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
MotoGP 18 Released 1.jpg MotoGP 18 Released 2.jpg MotoGP 18 Released 3.jpg MotoGP 18 Released 4.jpg MotoGP 18 Released 5.jpg MotoGP 18 Released 6.jpg
Milestone have released their latest official videogame of the premier class MotoGP series - introducing MotoGP 18.

Released to PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 earlier today, MotoGP 18 is the official racing game of the 2018 MotoGP bike racing series, and represents a significant upgrading of the MotoGP game franchise by Milestone Srl, the long running Italian development studio.

Using Unreal 4 graphics for the first time in the history of the franchise, MotoGP 18 presents a very distinct visual improvement over previous versions of the title, an improvement that promises to be just the tip of the iceberg with regards to improvements for this exciting new game.

According to Milestone, MotoGP 18 has been practically built from the ground up for this latest release, significantly enhancing the visuals and physics to better represent the world of top level motorcycle racing.

Featuring the premier class MotoGP series, including star riders such as Valentino Rossi, Marc Marquez and Dani Pedrosa right the way through to the Red Bull Rookies Cup, including supporting classes Moto3 and Moto2, MotoGP 18 looks set to produce a comprehensive representation of the professional bike racing ladder.

Available on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC, MotoGP 18 is available now, with Nintendo Switch release to follow later in the year.

Check out the MotoGP 18 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news from the official videogame of the MotoGP bike racing series.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

What are your impressions of the new game? Do you like MotoGP 18? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
If some stuff is in the .uasset files they can be loaded into UE and edited maybe?
It is my hope... Did you find anything related to physics configurations in those files? By what I've found in the web, those assets controls the aspects of the physics but concerning to shapes limits, vertices and so on... nothing related to top speed, lean angles, tyre grip and so on... :(

Mostly of what I've found helps you in the project, not in the compiled to modify... :redface:

It is my hope... Did you find anything related to physics configurations in those files? By what I've found in the web, those assets controls the aspects of the physics but concerning to shapes limits, vertices and so on... nothing related to top speed, lean angles, tyre grip and so on... :(

Mostly of what I've found helps you in the project, not in the compiled to modify... :redface:
There're Physics (torque, engine, tires) and AI folders inside the game containing .uasset files. We can open them in Unreal Engine editor and see what's there

Had a chance to test it at a friend's place because he already bought it. Well, what a mixed bag...

There's definite potential, but the blurry GFX need fixing. Initially I thought they are upscaling 1280x720 to 1920x1080. It's very dark. I don't like the fact that I can't use my custom rider on any machine from the start, which was possible in the 2016 VR46 game.

That's all not the biggest problem. The biggest problem for me is the huge limitation on controller config options. Normally left stick for me is throttle and brake, right stick is steering. Impossible here. They don't allow the control scheme that I've been using in every of their games since MotoGP08 ten years ago.

Going to see if it's updated and what kind of changelog it gets. I did get the impression that the underlying physics are solid, the new helmet cam is very cool, the visuals are pretty improved. There's a lot to like. But I don't want to relearn my controls.

I think the controller config problems are due to the game engine personally ive heard some good things about unreal engine 4 but it is very limited on what can be done once a game has been produced using it.

The Physics feel very solid. On my PC graphics are very crisp with resolution set to 150%. Did only time trials so far but the bikes are absolutely fun to ride and I could not care less about accuracy of lap times as long as the game is fun to play. This is certainly Milestones best effort so far and likely the best ever official MotoGP game.

The Physics feel very solid. On my PC graphics are very crisp with resolution set to 150%. Did only time trials so far but the bikes are absolutely fun to ride and I could not care less about accuracy of lap times as long as the game is fun to play. This is certainly Milestones best effort so far and likely the best ever official MotoGP game.

this is the solution to the blurry graphics, you need to choose 150% or 200% upscale in the video settings, gets rid of the blur completely in races and in menus, also increases fps

Ok i just install the game and play 3 races, i'll not reclaim my money back, i didn't know that this game was made in UNREAL ENGINE 4, i was afraid as f"ck off this Engine because of Assetto Corsa Competizione and my PhenomII x4 955 BE+GTX 750Ti but.... damn!! it looks amaizing comparing to other MotoGPs and i havent Bottleneck in this one... 50% CPU usage 99%GPU usage 63 solid fps, thanks god this engine is better than i think.
My Opinion:
Physics 7.5 / 10 (10 will be Realistic Physics Mod from olders Motogp)
Graphics 10/10 (In comparison to other MotoGP)
Sound 7/10 (i think it will be better)
Camera 9/10 (better than older MotoGp default cameras)

Performance in comparison to other MotoGp's Engines... GREAT.

EDIT: Want to add that the "BLUR" image is made by TAA anti Aliasing, i think everyone know that in 2018 but TAA is a lot more "Blurring" (bad english) than FXAA or SMAA, that's the trick... More blur AntiAliasing with less GPU usage = Better Quality-Performance in overall

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 420 16.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 281 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 276 10.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 192 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 324 12.8%