MGP18 MotoGP 18 Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
MotoGP 18 Released 1.jpg MotoGP 18 Released 2.jpg MotoGP 18 Released 3.jpg MotoGP 18 Released 4.jpg MotoGP 18 Released 5.jpg MotoGP 18 Released 6.jpg
Milestone have released their latest official videogame of the premier class MotoGP series - introducing MotoGP 18.

Released to PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 earlier today, MotoGP 18 is the official racing game of the 2018 MotoGP bike racing series, and represents a significant upgrading of the MotoGP game franchise by Milestone Srl, the long running Italian development studio.

Using Unreal 4 graphics for the first time in the history of the franchise, MotoGP 18 presents a very distinct visual improvement over previous versions of the title, an improvement that promises to be just the tip of the iceberg with regards to improvements for this exciting new game.

According to Milestone, MotoGP 18 has been practically built from the ground up for this latest release, significantly enhancing the visuals and physics to better represent the world of top level motorcycle racing.

Featuring the premier class MotoGP series, including star riders such as Valentino Rossi, Marc Marquez and Dani Pedrosa right the way through to the Red Bull Rookies Cup, including supporting classes Moto3 and Moto2, MotoGP 18 looks set to produce a comprehensive representation of the professional bike racing ladder.

Available on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC, MotoGP 18 is available now, with Nintendo Switch release to follow later in the year.

Check out the MotoGP 18 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news from the official videogame of the MotoGP bike racing series.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

What are your impressions of the new game? Do you like MotoGP 18? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I bought, I played and I asked for a refund, the game had improvements in the physics is undeniable, the tracks seem to be better maybe by scan, i don't know, but of rest only disappointment, weak audio, visual dated, the impression that passes that used the textures of the previous ones and tooooooooo colored, added to a continuous blur or i don't know what is what blurs the image, even turning off the motion blur and changing the anti aliasing filter of the Temporal that is known to be the same as a blurred in the image the game remains blurred, Milestone in this case made me misuse the power of Unreal
Did you try the resolution slider? I had same until I turned it up to 150% plus motion blur set to off. Did try at 200% but it causes heavy fps drop. The fps isn't great got mine hovering around 50 to 55 on gtx970.

Did you try the resolution slider? I had same until I turned it up to 150% plus motion blur set to off. Did try at 200% but it causes heavy fps drop. The fps isn't great got mine hovering around 50 to 55 on gtx970.

Search for the game American Truck Simulator. Someone there has a reshade effect that makes the grapphic less blurry and shinny. And of course, in the game, the FXAA turn it off.

Anyone else tried racing in the rain yet? For me the wet weather is the highlight of the game, sliding the little Red Bull Rookie bike into corners on the rear brake is crazy.

At the Red Bull Ring the weather really closes in and starts to get quite foggy and dark as the race progresses, the track really feels wet - as far as that is possible on a gamepad. As good a wet weather simulation as I've seen, way better than the likes of Forza's dodgy puddles and the AI seem to have as much fun with it as the player keeping the racing even.

Anyone else tried racing in the rain yet? For me the wet weather is the highlight of the game, sliding the little Red Bull Rookie bike into corners on the rear brake is crazy.

At the Red Bull Ring the weather really closes in and starts to get quite foggy and dark as the race progresses, the track really feels wet - as far as that is possible on a gamepad. As good a wet weather simulation as I've seen, way better than the likes of Forza's dodgy puddles and the AI seem to have as much fun with it as the player keeping the racing even.

try to slide it on a short gear and don't just brake , just brake softly and by parts when you see the curve. Short gears are more sensitive to acceleration / deceleration.

Mine doesn't vibrate too.

My Xbox One controller has rumble in the pad, mostly on braking/acceleration and some kerbs. No haptics in the triggers though. It isn't the strongest rumble either and no option to adjust that I can see.

Edit, just saw your question: EB is engine braking, how much the bike slows down when you lift off the throttle.

Is there cockpit view? Every video i found so far is from behind, and when i search youtube with "cockpit" in the name it only came back with MotoGP 17. I didnt search a lot since im at work, but seemed a bit odd.

Is there cockpit view? Every video i found so far is from behind, and when i search youtube with "cockpit" in the name it only came back with MotoGP 17. I didnt search a lot since im at work, but seemed a bit odd.

Yes there is a traditional behind the visor type view and, in my view, an awesome new helmet view, where the view moves around just as the riders head does in reality - it looks great but I am useless at riding from that view as I'm not used to how much the rider moves around!

yes, I put the resolution scale in 200% got better but still it is possible to realize that the problem is in the filter effects that Milestone put, perhaps to mask the very questionable resolution textures that used in the tracks, dont get me wrong, the game has had significant improvements in some important aspects and I liked it a lot but with that look, I'm sorry, it doesnt bother me much in comfort to play, maybe I'm being too picky but it does not look like a game to the current generation of consoles to me, who will tell for pc that was where I bought it

yes, I put the resolution scale in 200% got better but still it is possible to realize that the problem is in the filter effects that Milestone put, perhaps to mask the very questionable resolution textures that used in the tracks, dont get me wrong, the game has had significant improvements in some important aspects and I liked it a lot but with that look, I'm sorry, it doesnt bother me much in comfort to play, maybe I'm being too picky but it does not look like a game to the current generation of consoles to me, who will tell for pc that was where I bought it

do you use any bike setup?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back