MGP18 MotoGP 18 - First Gameplay Footage (and it looks goooood)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
MotoGP 18 1.jpg MotoGP 18 2.jpg MotoGP 18 3.jpg MotoGP 18 4.jpg MotoGP 18 5.jpg MotoGP 18 6.jpg
Milestone have released the first gameplay footage from MotoGP 18 using the Unreal 4 engine, showing a very visually pleasing new title.

Although only just over one minute in length, this new video release from the upcoming MotoGP 18 title is the first time we have seen the Unreal 4 game engine in action, and judging from what we've been shown so far it looks like a very visually impressive title and a step up in every respect from previous iterations of the long running MotoGP official game series.

Visual impressions aside, one thing that does cause some concern is the current version of the game AI. Although in the early development stages, it concerns me greatly that the player (using the Valentino Rossi Yamaha) can race with Marc Marquez without some kind of dirty move by the Spaniard.. not realistic at all...

In other MotoGP 18 news, check out this interesting video behind the scenes 'Making of' video:

MotoGP 18 will be available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC this June 7th, with Nintendo Switch release to follow later in the year.

Check out the MotoGP 18 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news from the official videogame of the MotoGP bike racing series.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to MotoGP 18? Like the look of the upcoming title? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Well.. graphics looks good, physics looks great (Vanilla) in comparison to the old titles 2015-2016 etc, i just want to look this game with a "Realistic Physics Mod" and i hope, some realisitc cameras position or tweaks and i'll play this 24/7

But really though, a Yamaha overtaking Marc in a heavy-braking zone is something rare (even more considering the distance in the video). Jorge is also a late braker, but he's not that aggressive. I hope the AI is a lot better than this. It's always been quite easy to lap two to four seconds faster than the second fastest in max difficulty and without assists, even with a keyboard. COTA (specially turn 3 to turn 9) and rain are the weakest points of the AI. Knowing Milestone, I'm pretty sure not much will change for this release.
AI must be set on "infant" or something. :unsure:
I hope, too, that this is not final AI version, it's bad even on easiest level.
i just want to look this game with a "Realistic Physics Mod" and i hope, some realisitc cameras position or tweaks
This. :thumbsup: Both.

June is a good racing game month, this moto gp 18 looks promising, mxgp pro also looks promising, there is also the crew 2 coming out that month (nota sime or anything like that but a cool vehicle base game) and also potentialy assetto corsa competizione.

Visual impressions aside, one thing that does cause some concern is the current version of the game AI. Although in the early development stages, it concerns me greatly that the player (using the Valentino Rossi Yamaha) can race with Marc Marquez without some kind of dirty move by the Spaniard.. not realistic at all...
There will be plenty of Marc Marquez's in online play, don't you worry about that.;):whistling:

Still waiting for Logitech, Thrustmaster or Fanatec (or others) to produce a solid piece of hardware to simulate motorgames. I am not made to race with a gamepad and racing with keyboard we did back in the early 90s, those days are over for me :)

Any minimum specs for PC? Could this give us an idea of what ACC specs might be?
https://store.steampowered.com/search/?snr=1_4_4__12&term=MotoGP+18

• MINIMUM:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Intel Core i5-2500, AMD FX-8100 or equivalent
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 with 2 GB VRAM or more / AMD Radeon HD 7950 with 2 GB VRAM or more
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Storage: 15 GB available space
    • Sound Card: DirectX compatible

• RECOMMENDED:
      • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
      • Processor: Intel Core i7-2600, AMD FX-8350 or equivalent
      • Memory: 16 GB RAM
      • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 with 4 GB VRAM or more | AMD Radeon R9 380 with 4 GB VRAM or more
      • DirectX: Version 11
      • Storage: 15 GB available space
      • Sound Card: DirectX compatible

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 190 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.4%
  • < 4 years