MGP17 MotoGP 17 Mods WIP Thread

LEAN ANGLE CALCULATION TO FIX BODY POSITION
First things first: body position in motogp 17 is wrong. I'll show why.
Here you can see Jorge Lorenzo riding his 2016 Yamaha in a breathtaking shot
lean angle.jpg

The lean angle is calculated from the vertical line to the ground line. The ground line is easly found by drawing a straight line from the knee (touching the ground) and the contact point of the front tyre. In this shot the ground line has 0.5° of inclination.
The total lean angle is 90° - (32.4° - 0.5°) = 58.1°

Now the same reasoning can be applied to the game: the ground line is more inclined (4.7° from the orizontal line) giving a total lean angle of 58.5°
MotoGP17 2017-07-03 16-00-51-922.jpg

Even if the lean angle of the bike copies pretty well the real one, the body is in a completely wrong position.
It's clear when you overlap the pictures one on top of the other.
comparison.jpg

Mega question: where is the file to change body position? I'm sure there is one, but I didn't find it.

Cheers

Tj
LEAN ANGLE CALCULATION TO FIX BODY POSITION
First things first: body position in motogp 17 is wrong. I'll show why.
Here you can see Jorge Lorenzo riding his 2016 Yamaha in a breathtaking shot
View attachment 199730
The lean angle is calculated from the vertical line to the ground line. The ground line is easly found by drawing a straight line from the knee (touching the ground) and the contact point of the front tyre. In this shot the ground line has 0.5° of inclination.
The total lean angle is 90° - (32.4° - 0.5°) = 58.1°

Now the same reasoning can be applied to the game: the ground line is more inclined (4.7° from the orizontal line) giving a total lean angle of 58.5°
View attachment 199731

Even if the lean angle of the bike copies pretty well the real one, the body is in a completely wrong position.
It's clear when you overlap the pictures one on top of the other.
View attachment 199729
Mega question: where is the file to change body position? I'm sure there is one, but I didn't find it.

Cheers
That's the animation, you have to edit the anim file if you want the rider to behave differently. I'm not sure it can be done though

cover preview.jpg

I've relased a small playable preview of the PFTM, have a look into the download section :)
It's a demo playable with only 3 bikes (Aprilia motogp, KTM moto2 and Leopard moto3), to receive your feedbacks and improve it.

Cheers

Wonder how it is ride Ducati on dirt-track, do you have video ReZ? :D
Have you tried to implement Ride2 bikes in MotoGP'17? Then some modders would be able to make SBK mod :D

Get Alex Barros on Pramac Ducati and let's battle with Stoner in Mugello once again! :D

Attachments

• MotoGP17 2017-07-03 21-01-54-69.jpg
    MotoGP17 2017-07-03 21-01-54-69.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 656
  • MotoGP17 2017-07-03 21-02-05-94.jpg
    MotoGP17 2017-07-03 21-02-05-94.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 472
Wonder how it is ride Ducati on dirt-track, do you have video ReZ? :D
Have you tried to implement Ride2 bikes in MotoGP'17? Then some modders would be able to make SBK mod :D
sorry since nvidia decided to put a forced login to geforce-exp / shadowplay ... i don't have anything to record without heavy framedrops :(
MGP bikes ride pretty normal on Flattrack , because they do not use the FT-Tyres.
on the MGP2016 bike ... i somehow cannot get the sound to work, tried to borrow the sounds from ingame ducatis, but i seem to miss one file entry to activate it for 2016 duc.
importing flattrack bikes already failed hard ... and ride2 bikes will be even bigger challange i guess :(

i could try again... on first attempt the helmets were invisble... but all the names for the equipment from vrtg is still in the textfiles (menu.mix) - so i could already see the names and choose them in menu...they just did not show up :/

Can you import helmets of MotoGP 16 to mgp17? I try it but my game crash :(

Milestone let all the VR46 Helmets in MotoGP17, so no need to import....
Only problem, atm you can't choose via menu, maby DLC content??? How knows.

But you can easily change skins (depends on helmetmodel) by renaming helmet/visor DDS files...

Milestone let all the VR46 Helmets in MotoGP17, so no need to import....
Only problem, atm you can't choose via menu, maby DLC content??? How knows.

But you can easily change skins (depends on helmetmodel) by renaming helmet/visor DDS files...

hm maybe you need to edit more stuff in data.mix and gfxgem.mix to make them selectable in the menu, on my attempt i just added some agv helmets and could select them in the menu...compare VRTGs files ...DB_Equipmentitems.bml and gameentityhelmets. etc etc etc. you need to add a lot of entries to make the old helmets appear in the selection.

hm maybe you need to edit more stuff in data.mix and gfxgem.mix to make them selectable in the menu, on my attempt i just added some agv helmets and could select them in the menu...compare VRTGs files ...DB_Equipmentitems.bml and gameentityhelmets. etc etc etc. you need to add a lot of entries to make the old helmets appear in the selection.

Thanks for your reply mate, I understand :)

Does anyone know how to add colour slot to custom livery? I've just tried to make Fiat Yamaha for customs, but this livery has only 2 colour slots where I need 3 :)

Attachments

• MotoGP17 2017-07-06 00-41-43-04.jpg
    MotoGP17 2017-07-06 00-41-43-04.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 448
Does anyone know how to add colour slot to custom livery? I've just tried to make Fiat Yamaha for customs, but this livery has only 2 colour slots where I need 3 :)

DB_CustomLiveries.bml -> there is a parameter "CustomizableAreas" for every livery, on the stanley dewalt you will need to change the number from 2 -> 3 ... and you got your extra colour slot ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back