MGP15 MotoGP 15 release date and preorder bonus announced

The release date for MotoGP 15 has been announced, along with the preorder bonuses.

MotoGP fans won't have to wait much longer: Milestone has confirmed that the next installment of the motorcycle racing series will be available on June 19th.

As previously announced, MotoGP 15 will be available on PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One, thus carrying some cross-gen bits and pieces along.

The preorder bonus for the title is a pack containing 20 4-stroke bikes and riders that made the history of the last 10 years of MotoGP, like Colin Edwards (on his 2005 Yamaha M1), Sete Gibernau, Casey Stoner, Shinya Nakano and so on. Included in the DLC pack are 18 special events that recreate the highlights of these pilots' careers.

The add-on will also be available on day 1 for the price of 12,99€. While this is far from the worst offender in terms of DLC policy, that doesn't sound very good either.

Are you looking forward to MotoGP 15? Let us know your thoughts in the comments!

Last edited by a moderator:
MotoGP15-MarcMarquez07.jpg

MotoGP15-JorgeLorenzo02.jpg

Low res, but didn't find better

"
The first thing that stood out to me after loading up the game was its visual upgrade.
Where MotoGP 14 focused its attention on bike models and the four-foot of textures that stood before the rider, MotoGP 15 has stepped things up quite a bit. Something in particular that Milestone S.r.l seems to always come correct on is the attention to detail within its bike selection. Geometry is superb and you’ll have to look twice before realizing it’s a game. Breathing some life in to its tracks and the surrounding environment, MotoGP 15 delivers the immersion factor that the former lacked.

Enhancing this factor of immersion is the game’s dynamic weather system.
On to the game’s physics where the game holds its greatest strengths, MotoGP15 takes things up a notch by incorporating the rider’s physics directly in to its weather system. The way in which wet weather situations would naturally effect the rider’s handling as well as the conditions of the tracks they’ll be racing on is without a doubt astonishing. Riding through the rain as opposed to dry conditions means players will have to think twice when taking corners and picking up acceleration."

"
The first thing that stood out to me after loading up the game was its visual upgrade.
Where MotoGP 14 focused its attention on bike models and the four-foot of textures that stood before the rider, MotoGP 15 has stepped things up quite a bit. Something in particular that Milestone S.r.l seems to always come correct on is the attention to detail within its bike selection. Geometry is superb and you’ll have to look twice before realizing it’s a game. Breathing some life in to its tracks and the surrounding environment, MotoGP 15 delivers the immersion factor that the former lacked.

Enhancing this factor of immersion is the game’s dynamic weather system.
On to the game’s physics where the game holds its greatest strengths, MotoGP15 takes things up a notch by incorporating the rider’s physics directly in to its weather system. The way in which wet weather situations would naturally effect the rider’s handling as well as the conditions of the tracks they’ll be racing on is without a doubt astonishing. Riding through the rain as opposed to dry conditions means players will have to think twice when taking corners and picking up acceleration."
Whose quote is this?? Same nonsense was said last year about the dynamic weather. Unless the user can finally choose what tyres to begin the race with or is actually forced to switch to wets in the latter stages of the race or decide to stay out and try to finish, forget it. Nothing dynamic about rain increasing during the race when you were forced to start with wets anyways. So stupid. The attention to detail must be a delayed April Fool's joke. Look at that Honda for crying out loud!!!! And while the Yamaha is a better 3D Model, the colors are way off. I think everyone getting so excited about all these promises should sit tight and wait...the disappointment will follow soon enough.

Last edited:
O.k my bad , did miss it on page 2 . Good footage. Yeah I agree , show us the Pc footage please.

(still better than nothing eh?)

Regarding the said Ps4 footage ... it looks to me anyway that they have changed the colour to a darker blue for the yammy ... No?

Last edited:
Come on rkh :) I posted it this afternoon, not too old, he simply missed the post^^ no problem anyway. I'm waiting for more gameplay videos
sure thing. apologies, i am still upset about the lack of improvement. And why they always post PS4 footage is beyond me. Even that community knows it doesn't hold a candle to PC capabilities. So, does that mean we, as PC users, have a minimal chance at getting a real HONDA? Knowing Milestone they probably just transferred the models :) Well, like I said a while ago; they lie to us all the time and until we have it ON PC we simply won't know...and I realize that preferences vary, but come on a 3D model true to life is the least. Track layouts and environment is the least. Physics (when claiming to have made a real MotoGP game) is the least. Dynamic weather that does not let you decide tyres, does not influence your race in the least, does not force you to make any choices, well, that is not quite dynamic...gosh, that HONDA is so ugly, not even funny.

Last edited:
I would really love to create a MotoGP game myself, but I don't know much about coding, and it would require a huge team. Anyway most fan-made tracks look better than Milestone's. Wish they would achieve Codemasters' quality on modelling and textures.
If I ever get enough money to build a team and buy the license I promise I will make an amazing MotoGP game.

If I ever get enough money to build a team and buy the license I promise I will make an amazing MotoGP game.
since we are already speaking about hypotheticals what do you think it would take budget wise to make a MotoGP game? When you go about it the way for instance dovetail fishing is with their new carp simulation and gradually grow it...that game is shaping up to be one of the best fishing sims ever!!! Immense realism.

I don't know, I think it would be: license cost(which I think is really expensive)+modellers cost + marketing + programmers + texture editors + animators. I don't know if their contract is pay per project or pay per month...but again it's useless to talk about it now

they probably also neglected to adjust riders behavior on the bike. For example, Lorenzo is way to calm on his bike in MotoGP 14. Pretty sure they also neglected the lines riders take. They differ quite a bite on some tracks. The lines are completely off in Mugello. In real life, these guys cruise over the italian theme painted part on the straight coming from the right side toward the left and then entering the braking zone. They don't stay to the left. Le Mans is the opposite, they enter the first corner from farther left, almost always using as much track on the left as possible crossing over the blue/yellow markers all the time. Indianapolis is another one where riders are way off. Little details such as no elbow pads(?????), awful looking 3D Model for several bikes not just the HONDA, the Aprilia and Avintia look fishy as well. Aaaaaaand, if we have to deal with programming bugs, gfx or other related bugs like last time it will only be this community and their mods that can save this game. But that's where we have good news, for once! Surprisingly, it is the Physics aspect, or rather, its "tweakability". Thanks to JayS, and I mean a big thanks, I am slowly but surely learning more and more about the physics model and I have to say not only is it extensive (way more than what I and even Giovaneveterano have done so far) but actually a very, very good model. The joke here is, Milestone's stock settings are so bad, the result is a rather mediocre experience. So, for sh*&# and giggles, I will release a "prototype" physics model in a few days, so you guys can see what is truly possible. JayS has invested countless hours in understanding certain crucial files and learning from him has been like working with a race engineer, resulting in the most realistic riding experience I've ever had in this game. The bikes will have real torque now, they really feel alive, braking zone becomes extremely crucial and the way you brake, kerbs, gravel, grip levels, tyre wear, lean angles, deadzones, steering angles, air resistance, bike mass values, I mean everything you can think of and more has been changed to amazing results. Almost seems as if Milestone does not fully understand its own model and should hire JayS. Soooo, having said all that, the '15 version is based on an even better base model and everything we learned from '14 can be applied. HOPE DIES LAST!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for credits, rkh! :)
Yes, I've researched and worked on Milestone physics since years. But the more for myself and nearly understand all possible features in the Data file.
As rkh said, it's incredible what you can do with their base of the physics model.
I've found out how to adjust inertia, rider movements with the body, gfx fixes with the tyres (contact bed), instability factors, tendency for chattering and so on.
Thought really since at some point that I understand the physics better than the devs.
So then, enough spoken and again big thanks back for all the modders.
This time in MotoGP '15 I will share my work very early to give you the feeling of a completely new riding experience. :)

Best regards from Germany, Jan

For fun and o'l times sake I played MotoGp 07 for the Xbox 360- just to compare it to MotoGp games of today's day & age, and to be honest, not only did I get blown away by great nostalgia I also felt that vintage feeling of enjoying a MotoGP game. A feeling I haven't felt for quite some time. To my surprise I was quite suprised because it almost feels like they went backwards. A game that dates from '07 feels and looks more next gen than today's MotoGp games. Stable leaderboards, proper MP lobbies and let's not forget that it's locked at 60fps. I wonder how it ever could get so bad. Make MotoGp 07 a proper sim, include all the features and modes Gp15 has to offer; a must buy and a proper MotoGp game for all of us to enjoy.

*sigh*

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 200 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%