MGP14 MotoGP 14 Modding Questions Thread

+1, I'm editing now AI abilities, but it seems that bike performance has influence on AI ability :o
maybe not, but it would be great to give more power ART or Ducati :)
So, where is the bike performance file?

And one more question: how can I change nationality of AI rider? (for example: do Lorenzo Italian)
Anyone?

Bad - it's your opinion. For some people bad, for some - good. I mod Milestone games since there was SBK X, but nationality is still a problem so I asked here. :whistling:

I have not seen any files relating to bike power, only to the individual riders, but if you do find it, please post here.
I agree the game is not bad - it has some big bugs, but after editing qual and race pace to make them more equal, it is really great fun. I just hope they fix the big problems with a patch soon :)

Keith Windsor - yes, I find individual players too, but bike power is still a problem.
But maybe you know where is the file with nationality of riders? :)

Keith Windsor - yes, I find individual players too, but bike power is still a problem.
But maybe you know where is the file with nationality of riders? :)

Nationalities - I have not edited this myself, but I think you can find what you need in DB_PILOTS (in the DB folder, in DATA.MIX)

And bike power - also in DB folder, take a look in DB_TEAMS

Last edited:
I don't know whether it works, but I changed reliability val (values from 0 to 100) and performance val (same as reliability).
I don't know what is it "XLast Id" - I didnt change it.

I have not tried editing DB_TEAMS, but the easiest way to be sure is to edit the Repsol Honda or the Movistar Yamaha. Both are performance = 100. So why not change one of them to performance = 25, you would surely see the difference if it worked.

I think it would be interesting to be able to replace the custom rider portraits. Like putting a picture of Casey Stoner on the default portrait 01. Anybody knows where they are?

The file is #1834: LEGENDS_DOOHAN?_PILOTENGINEER.DDS, the problem is the character "?" in the name. For extract the .MIX file extract all the files before the corrupted and all the files after. To repack, just repack as usual. It works, I tried just a moment ago.
I hope my help will be useful!

View attachment 58340
I've had a problem with repacking GFXPAK.MIX - all the pictures that are stored in the file turn to either white squares or disappear at all... What could be the mistake? Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years