MGP14 MotoGP 14...Help Required!...And Thoughts

Hi everyone,

I've had MotoGP 14 since release on PC and although in general I have found the game to be quite an improvement in many cases from last year, there are a few issues that I feel still need to be addressed.

Firstly, we still have the problem regarding exiting the pits with the bike moving slowly, and in some cases either hitting the pit wall/barrier or another rider hitting you while on the pit road.
Also, we still have the problem that if you decide to 'skip' the on bike pit exit sequence, there is still the issue where you are placed basically on the racing line and being hit by another rider.

Secondly, the problem of the riders exiting the pit so slow instead of speeding up after crossing the pit exit line, which is a rather strange one!

However, the biggest problem for me is the UNBELIEVABLE UNDERSTEER!

To give you a heads up...I have my options set to no TC, manual gears, pro setting, AI on realistic, and tuck in on auto...so in essence as difficult as possible!.
Now usually, in respects to last years title, with a little tweaking, you could easily get pole position, and on every track using the same method as above and settings.

This years title however is quite different. My first MGP test was at LeMans where after a little setup change, I was able to get pole by at least a second and a half quicker than the rest.
The next track I tried, and subsequently have been having nightmares over is Argentina!!!

No matter how much setting changes I have made, the best I can achieve is ninth!!!...And it's all down to this under steer problem!
Even though the game IMHO is leaps better than 13, this is very frustrating. I'm happy that the game has improved on the difficulty front but some tracks pose a real problem.

With this said, I'm hoping that someone can hopefully put my mind at ease, especially in regards to Argentina, where I hope it's just my setup that can resolve this.
Is there anyone who has been able to get pole at Argentina using the same difficulty level???

PLEASE HELP!

O.K. guys I have been reading through your thread. Quickest method proven by the lap-times of those who top the worldwide leaderboards on motogp14 is to set "TUCK-IN" to automatic. However, you then override this by using a manual "tuck-in" button on your controller. So you have the best of both worlds. Most ppl "tuck" after they have finished their braking into a bend however some really fast players additionally use "tuck" into certain bends whilst braking. It depends on the circuit and the bend in question but this can tighten your line nicely into the bend whilst on the brakes..as well as through the bend when on the throttle.

Try it and see.. ;)

Some players use a "Scuf" style controller with a rear mounted paddle to achieve full & proper control whilst doing this. Myself included.

Bike set-ups and the correct TCS setting do make a big difference I think.

I organise the longest running motogp14 leagues (previously motogp13) on xbox 360 & PS4. We have the fastest riders from all over the world racing with us including Pistol 73.

I also race now & again on pc. Also on gpbikes.. My version of motogp14 on the pc is unplayable I'm afraid as a result of low frame rate on most circuits. On PS4 it runs like a dream and on xbox 360 the toned down version runs well as well.

Have fun guys! I hope that helps a bit..

grT

Last edited:
I only have problems in Qatar and Argentina. I dominate every other track with default setup. I was using the "A" button on my xbox joypad for thottle so I had rear wheel skidding and losing time because of that. Then I've realized I had to get used to using trigger for throttle and my times have improved. Also, I use shoulders out riding style, but I notticed that body out helps a lot on these two tracks.

here is the couple of trick brah ( if you still playing this game btw)

the most easy trick (for me) to reduce the understeer, i'd hard-break on the apex, get in to the corner hit the break again for several times (to make it sure the front wheel doesn't lock), when you out the corner hit the throttle for several times until your tyres touch the apex, go full throttle. oh dont forget to tuck-in when you on middle until you out the corner.

and also understeers effect depending on the bike setting and riding style.
for the bike setting, high front-preload will make your bike crazy understeer, so what did i do is increase rear-preload and deplete front-preload. and then all the problem you have to worried about is high-side crash.

Why can't we have a proper motorcycle handlebar controller. As a life long motorcyclist it's the only way I could ever ride/play the motogp games. I do use a 360 controller for these but it feels like using a mouse to do car race sims. Just not right.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back