Resource icon

MGP15 MOTO3 AI Mod 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Jonix submitted a new resource:

MOTO3 AI Mod - AI tweaked for Moto3 class

This mod tweaks AI behaviour during braking and throttle
All Moto3 riders params have been edited, to match real life performances and gaps.
Many spline params have been edited to speed up and make AI challenging.

Mod tested only on REALISTIC difficulty.
**If you encounter bugs please contact me**

Common issues (probably cannot be solved):
-AI goes a little bit wide in braking after the long straight in Austin and
at the harpin in Philip Island
-AI quali lap times are still not fast...

Read more about this resource...

Download Mix file remixer
Make backup of your original DATA.mix file (copy and change name to whatever you want).
Open MIX file remixer
On extract files tab, click browser and select DATA.mix of the game.
destination directory: select desktop

Replace the files contained in the modded DATA folder
Go into Create new mix file tab
browse and choose your edited DATA on desktop
Mixfile format put SBK-X/V8

new mixfile path click browse and select your original DATA.mix in the game folder.
Click Pack new mixfile

AI is very slow in qualify on Sachsenring and Indianapolis, even slower than real records (something like 2 sec slower in Indianapolis) but in race they are much faster and challenging.

Jonix updated MOTO3 AI Mod with a new update entry:

Fix for some tracks laptimes

I've put two different DATAs in the mod, read below for further instructions and changelog.

******HOW TO INSTALL*******

Extract your data.mix after you've done a BACKUP of it.
Copy and overwrite the DATA (STANDARD CIRCUITS) of the mod.
Repack using SBK X mode.

In some tracks AI is still too slow in quali (Austin, Philip Island, Sachsenring at least, but you can use it on any track if you think AI is slow in Quali.)

So, when you are going to race there, I strongly suggest you to use the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I raced on Sachsenring and Indianapolis and I noticed Bastianini and Fenati are still too slow (around 11th and 14th position respectively), while Navarro is too fast (4th position in both races) and Quartararo even won in Indi, is it normal?

It just depends on which race, how you race. If you put long % race distance, AI has the chance to overtake. Fenati usually makes bad qualifying (at least in the first part of the season), so even if he's as fast as Quartararo, he needs time to overtake.
If you wish you can edit Fenati and Bastianini qulifying (lower them, lowering makes them faster) performance and lower Navarro and Quartaro perfomances (0.996 and 0.998 I'd say).

I made a battle with 7 riders for the win in Argentina.

P.S. To everybody: I recommend using tyre wear on

Yeah, but this doesn't affect race pace which is crazy in Sepang.

I was 8th in quali 0.5 sec behind Kent and i finished 16th because Ai make low 2:10 in race. On most track i was able to finish 1-8 in ongetta rivacold team, but sepang is pain in butt.

I like your mod. I Was 2,5 faster in qualy and race before this.

But i have a problem. I´m doing a GP in Brno with Leopard/custom rider. In Qualy i´m totally in pace. Pole lap was 1:04:1 and i´m finish second in the grid with 1:04:2. The problem is in race when the AI become a half second faster around 1:03:7/8 and i struggling to much to follow the leading group. I think this is not normal...i want the same race pace or a little bit slower like the real life.

Using the "standard circuits" data. Maybe is because i´m racing 25% of race distance and this works only at 100%? Thanks in advance and for the effort for mod this game too Jonix you are great. Sorry for my bad english.

Any trick to make races much closer?
I changed DATA/VEHICLES/AI/SKILLSCATALOG.XML following the table below but the riders are widely spaced anyway. On 10 laps race I'd like to see groups of riders in less than 1 second or so, like happen in real life.
Cattura.PNG

Unfortunately you can't input values with different decimal numbers than default one. Though you could edit the values and set it to the same for the pack. Ex pack 1, fastest riders: quali skills is different, but you can set race pace the same like 0.999 for Quarta, Navarro, Fenati, Bastianini (Kent has 1.0) Then set the others to 0.98x and son on If I remember "slowest" riders have something like 0.96x just set it to 0.98x and should be fine for the race. There may be no overtakes with all riders following in line but I doubt so, because MotoGP15 has a slipstream effect and rider's aggressivity params that make them overtake a lot compared to past series

EDIT
Nevermind I see you already did it. The problem is MotoGP15 has a sustem to avoid riders get one into another, so if AI riders spot a rider in front that stops, he stops himself trying to avoid a crash.
It looks retarded but it is the way it is..you could try fix that amount, I don't remember the name, but you'll realize what it is when you read that

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 356 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years