Motion system with 10000$ budget

I have a rig with a tactile system built which i feel pretty good but from what i have read in this forum i with all probabity have no idea what i really good tactil system feels like.

Besides improving it which i think should be the first thing before going for a motion system i am thinking and thinking (or dreaming and dreaming) about what a motion route go for.

I like actuators because of the heave, and pitch to surf the road, but i see people with actuators and still using a seat mover to kind of feel de G-forces (even not sustained).So i am wandering which combination would work best for me:

1-Actuators+Seat mover (No traction loss, i am not building a >4 actuators setup in my room)
2-Actuators with G-seat (Simulated traction loss, and i wander if a g-seat fully replace seat mover)
3-Next limit Traction loss + Seat mover/Gseat (Missing the heave and pitch, but really would like to know how that nexlimit traction loss platform feels,if someone have it and can tell)

Or any other combination you find the best for you,i am just pointing these 3 out.

A G-Belt could fit on any i guess.

If you had around 10000$ what motion system would you build?(Not including pedals/wheel,shifter).

Last edited:
If you had around 10000$ what motion system would you build?
Starting with VR, after watching this:
.. I focus first on belt tensioning and G-seat.
Then, only if tactile seemed inadequate
traction loss (tail wagging), then perhaps heave for curbs and off-road.

I agree with Niels that surge, pitch and yaw motions seem counterproductive and distracting.

Upvote 0
Starting with VR, after watching this:
.. I focus first on belt tensioning and G-seat.
Then, only if tactile seemed inadequate
traction loss (tail wagging), then perhaps heave for curbs and off-road.

I agree with Niels that surge, pitch and yaw motions seem counterproductive and distracting.
Niels always seems to be against what he doesn't sell. :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes but there might be a reason why he doesn't sell motion systems. I tend to agree with him, after owning multiple motion setups as well as other things like VR, etc. that I am pretty sure he references as good and more worthwhile additions to a sim racing setup.

Upvote 0
Ok, my NX3000D is here and installed. I plugged the buttkickers LFE to it and i was getting even less shaking than with the 500w 4 channel AMP.

I used the Software and topped the gain knob.Now it is way better but I am still expecting more out of the buttkickers.

The thing is that i understand this is not the way to go right?, since having the gain topped will break the signal (I am getting red on the level meters) and the DSP wont work as expected.

Will be keeping the gain topped harmfull for the amp?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Is the volume coming from the sound card high enough? There's no way you're going to be underwhelmed with that amp and unit.
Yes, it was a volume issue. I was trying to change volume from the windows taskbar and it kept jumping to 50%.

Just noticed the simhub slicebar to change it.... lol.

Now is powerfull.

A lot of work to do now to the tactile system.Mainly on how the seat and pedals are attached to the rig to eliminate all the cracking noises and make the best out of the buttkickers....Play with the DSP , learn to deal with custom effects, add the extra exciters , add acouple of TST's...... Yes a lot of enjoyment ahead.

Anyone has news from the Racebass springs from simtag?.I talked with Fabrice a couple of weeks ago and still no news.

Upvote 0
I am about to make the NX3000D mod and change its fan.

I have a spare Noctua NF-R8 redux-1200 with 35,8 m3/h air flow , will it be enough to keep the nx3000d cool?.

I see tutorials of people using the Noctua NF-A8 FLX/PWM fans which have 55.5 m3/h air flow.

Any fan recomendation for this mod?

Upvote 0
Honestly I wouldn't worry about the air flow capacity of the fan. Just make sure you get one that is quiet enough to be worthwhile doing. The stock fan is around 29dB and the one I bought is listed as being around 23dB. I can only hear it barely when every single thing in my room is turned completely off and my head is down around the amp. It's been great. Now I need to do the same for the SimXperience control box because that fan is almost as annoying as is having to manually turn the switch off and on for it when I jump into the rig.

The fan should give more than enough cooling no matter what the listed performance is.

Upvote 0
Barry: "Most powerful wind solution I have tested to date" (27 mph) is sold out:
MH-WindGenerator
Those are basically 12V DC inline duct (bilge exhaust) fans
with PWM USB control added, which SimHub supports.
A lot has changed since those first came out, with bit coin mining PC fans have gotten cheaper and faster.

For example I bought two of these 12V 4500 RPM 220CFM fans https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073X5N7D9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and connected them to the 12V Fan Controller from SymProjects https://www.symprojects.com/categor...controllers-fan-controller/fan-controller-new

I also got some wind straighteners from SRS https://www.simracingstudio.com/pro...raightener-with-tubing-adapter-for-power-wind

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A lot has changed since those first came out, with bit coin mining PC fans have gotten cheaper and faster.

For example I bought two of these 12V 4500 RPM 220CFM fans https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073X5N7D9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Indeed, I got a pair of these (7000rpm @ 280cfm): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08QZV3YM1
They can be directly driven by PWM from some SimHub Arduino sketch.
Interesting; how much difference do they make in wind speed and noise?

Upvote 0
The PT-Actuator Tensioner kit is finally here

I have it mounted and ive been playing a bit with it. I think it is a great addition, it can give you feedback on surge,sway and heave.

I find turning heave off the best option since it feels off having the belt pushsing you backwards to simulate that effect.But the sway and of course surge effects are great.

I find that the best sensations are archieved when you have the belt really tight pressing to your body from the start(whixh i can not really achive and it is not as tight as i would like) and have it tightened even more when the surge and sway effects kick in. The main thing to avoid is having the belt get loose and feel how it has to get tightened before you feel the pressure , since it feels something is pushing you towards the bucket instead more of a feeling of breaking.

ill try to tweak the PT-Actuator Belt Tensioner System , looking how to achieve to have the belt really tightened after the calibration process and still have traveling room to feel the surge and sway effects , while waiting to have the simtag bass springs to have the final setup of my seat and pedals before start the tuning of the tactile system and start playing with the audio effects.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The PT-Actuator Tensioner kit is finally here

I have it mounted and ive been playing a bit with it. I think it is a great addition, it can give you feedback on surge,sway and heave.

I find turning heave off the best option since it feels off having the belt pushsing you backwards to simulate that effect.But the sway and of course surge effects are great.

I find that the best sensations are archieved when you have the belt really tight pressing to your body from the start(whixh i can not really achive and it is not as tight as i would like) and have it tightened even more when the surge and sway effects kick in. The main thing to avoid is having the belt get loose and feel how it has to get tightened before you feel the pressure , since it feels something is pushing you towards the bucket instead more of a feeling of breaking.

ill try to tweak the PT-Actuator Belt Tensioner System , looking how to achieve to have the belt really tightened after the calibration process and still have traveling room to feel the surge and sway effects , while waiting to have the simtag bass springs to have the final setup of my seat and pedals before start the tuning of the tactile system and start playing with the audio effects.
Cool to hear feedback on it! I’m installing mine tomorrow..
I’ve prepared my seat with rollers on the belt holes, to remove friction. I’m hoping that helps in details and maybe even idle tension.
I’m thinking the heave will feel ok if the belt doesnt have to pull so hard, just a low setting minor pull.. Together with motion heave i hope that will work well..
I also will consider mounting my lap belt down to my rear motion actuator feet with stiff springs to make it even better..

Attachments

• 300450C0-F1CD-4D1A-BA05-CF1B3BA644A5.jpeg
    300450C0-F1CD-4D1A-BA05-CF1B3BA644A5.jpeg
    449.9 KB · Views: 54
Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back