Motec XD overlay from GTR useable in rF?

Reik Major

Premium
hy everyone!

I wonder if there's a way to use the Motec XD overlay from GTRevo either with rF. I'm so used to it and i thought it could be possible, because i think i read something about it a very long time ago.
Any suggestions?

thx mates!

yep it works perfect with rfactor m8!!! ;)

i'm using it with the map plugin and it works great!!!! ;)

if you want use only the XD motec than is pretty easy.....you need to put the d3d9.dll files into the rfactor folders.....but remember that in this way you can't use other type of plugin that use the d3d9 files apart the map plugin (so you can't use XD and f1 style plugin)!!! ;)

yep it works perfect with rfactor m8!!! ;)

i'm using it with the map plugin and it works great!!!! ;)

if you want use only the XD motec than is pretty easy.....you need to put the d3d9.dll files into the rfactor folders.....but remember that in this way you can't use other type of plugin that use the d3d9 files apart the map plugin (so you can't use XD and f1 style plugin)!!! ;)

I don't know what i do wrong, but i can't get it to work. I don't think i have any other plugins, that use the d3d9 file.

I tried different ways without effort :frown:

Just copied the d3d9.dll and the XD.ini from my Evo install into the main folder of rF - didn't work

deleted those files from point 1, then copied only the d3d9 file from the original downloaded zip into rF folder. It didn't apear in the game, but after leaving the game the XD.ini has been created and ways there.

Waht do i exactly have to do to get it working? I need this overlay...

Should i name you the other dll's i have there, so you can see if there's an other file which is disturbing the overlay?

After a little chat with Ryan yesterday I'm using this now from CTDP, its a brilliant tool and very customizable.

http://www.ctdpworld.org/rfdynhud.html

thank you Dave! will have a look, but first priority is to get XD overlay to work, because i'm so used to it...

Your running DX9 mode?
You have the DVD version of rFactor?

ÄHM...... atm i'm using a "not so official" version by friend. That's why i'm not online till now. But i'll by an own one soon. So i think it's not a DVD version.

About DX9: Where to look which mode i'm running? in the rF setup or so?

Yeh its taking me a little while to get used to reading the data it provides quickly enough to not make me crash :D

Yes Reik you find the DX mode in the seperate setup program. It's basically the same as the Race 07 graphics options program you will have seen before.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%