Motec or other program?

I would advise both Patrick.

Motec will not give you information live but will write a detailed log file for each run. which you can call up as soon as you return to the pits. it looks a bit heavy at first and lots of infor there but that gets better with time.

RTM will give you less information but you can see it live on track. handy for races and long stints. It gives more acurate fuel info than the car dials and realtime tyre temps which can help adjust your style as nescisary during a race to preserve one or the other.

Yes it is, you need to make sure you setup the paths in your .plr

There is a small performance hit sometimes with race logging due to writing the log to the drive and loading data from it simultaniously. If you have 2 drives install motec to the opposite drive to you steam/race installation or at least set the log folder to a different drive and that will reduce the impact.

• Stefan Gunnersen

Is there other telemetry programs than the two mentioned. I know there is a GTR Evo plugin for Logitech G15, but are there any other programs?

• Stefan Gunnersen

I mostly needed tire wear, but using ctrl - pit menu - works perfectly for me. But in long races I kind of need the temps of the tires, oil and water. Especially if I train for a race.

Completely forgot about Sim-Tools, thanks!

Motec ...

because i need to know the time variance with my fastest lap.

Motec shows me exact when i lose or win time. and offcource to read the factor wich is the contributing factor to losing or wining time, you have to know where to look , but it isn't that very hard if you use the existing workbooks around .

I don't use it all the time though , just when i can't get to times i should get to , then i want to know where i go wrong.

in addition to the thread dave revers to ,

i dont see him talking about the time variance view i talked about.
when right clicking on the part of the screen where you see the readouts , you can click a time variance window on or off.

and that is the window i find so usefull. try it out i would say .

hope you crank up your times !

good luck :peace:

one advantage of the sim-tools.de programs (simAdapter and SimView) is that they work over a network, so you can use a laptop or another computer as your display.
They also have gear indicator which is kinda useful sometimes :)

one advantage of the sim-tools.de programs (simAdapter and SimView) is that they work over a network, so you can use a laptop or another computer as your display.
They also have gear indicator which is kinda useful sometimes :)
Network is also supported in both RTT and gtr-pd so no different there. When i first tried simview it looked great but the lack of support it gets puts it to the bottom of my list, i do not think it has been updated since July 08 which means it is all but useless for race07/gtrevo.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 103 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 79 9.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 79 9.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 52 6.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 109 13.3%