MoTeC logging problems

L

Locci

• Locci

Hello, i've tried and tried to get MoTeC logging to work. The data in .plr file is setup to the right paths and everything but each time i return to the garage and the game wants to write the file it will result in the game crashing with a minidump.

Data Acquisition Rate="10" // rates 1, 2 ,5, *10*, 20, 50, 100
Data Acquisition In Race="1"
Data Acquisition EXE="C:\Program Files\MoTeC\i2\1.0\MoTeC.exe"
Data Acquisition File="UserData\vehicledata.spt"
MoTeC LogFolder="C:\MoTeC\Logged Data"
MoTeC Minimum Time="20" // minimum MoTeC recording time (sec)
MoTeC Multiple Logs="1" // generate unique filename for each new log

It's also the offline version just so thats said. 1.1.1.2

Hi,

Your Paths are somewhat wrong.

e.g. Data Acquisition File="UserData\vehicledata.spt"

If you are using Vista it is generally a good idea, to log your data in a directory where the restricted user have full access. Simply creaty a Folder (e.g. MotecLog) in your private documents directory.

Data Acquisition File="C:\full path to your logfolder in your private documents directory\Moteclog\vehicledata.spt"
MoTeC LogFolder="C:\full path to your logfolder in your private documents directory\Moteclog\Logged Data\"

Don't forget to create the Folder "Logged Data" in your log directory.

/HTH

• Locci

Well, i'm running on XP.
And even with the Data Acquisition File path set to E:\Program Files\SimBin\GTR Evolution Offline\UserData\vehiceldata.spt "wich is the game directory" it will continue to crash.
And the log files goes to C:\MoTeC\Logged Data. And yes that directory is created.

I've tried different combinations even putting the LogFolder path to the same place as where the vehiceldata.spt is placed without any luck. Same thing keeps happening.

Came upon a guy that have had the same problem but i couldn't see any posts about him having solved the problem.

Data Acquisition File="UserData\vehicledata.spt"

Im pretty sure that that line needs to stay as a relative path like the ones in the configuration .ini

make sure the vehicledata.spt is not write-protected

Locci can you please upload your *.plr file (in code tags please)?
In my experience the motec options in the *.plr file aren't vital for running the game, usually if anything wrong with the paths the game just ignore the parameters. I will look over your *.plr to find possible flaws, compared to my working one.
If you are you using some NO-DVD thing (no offense), please try with the original.
Maybe there is an glitch in your config which let the game crash.

Hi,

this is gonna sound really stupid, but I can't find the .plr file on my system anywhere.

I only have offline version installed, and have looked in Simbin folder as well as the Race 07 one in My Docs, but there just isn't one anywhere. Even did a search for .PLR files on my computer and nothing...

I am still new to Evo, but have used Motec in real racing, so would love to be able to utilise it!

Please help!

• realorc

I do not see userdata\vehicledata.spt anywhere on Vista + GTR Evo + Steam. Nor do I see any data logged in my Logged Data folder. I am using MoTeC Add DX but even without using the d3d9.dll I still don't get any logging. Is there anything to setup in MoTeC? Does it log in Time Attack mode?

Data Acquisition EXE="C:\Program Files (x86)\MoTeC\i2\1.0\MoTeC.exe"
Data Acquisition File="userdata\vehicledata.spt"
MoTeC Multiple Logs="1" // generate unique filename for each new log

• Michel Salvador

motec i2 pro dont work in time attack mode

Data Acquisition EXE="C:\Program Files\MoTeC\i2\1.0\MoTeC.exe"
Data Acquisition File="C:\Documents and Settings\default\My Documents\SimBin\RACE 07\USERDATA\\vehicledata.spt"

this is mine but this is cause patch 1.2.xx it go to your document Data Acquisition File="C:\Documents and Settings\default\My Documents\SimBin\RACE 07\USERDATA\\vehicledata.spt" see compare to your that the problem

i use motec and it work fine

• Andrew Evans

as michel said - you have to use the full path to my documents for the data acquistion file.... when i set mine up, i couldn't find it either (though it's there now)... but set up yours to that location on your machine and you should be loving life....

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 109 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 284 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 414 40.0%