Resource icon

Misc Motec LCD 0.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
TJR submitted a new resource:

MotecLCD v0.1 for TrackMap v0.94 plugin - Motec LCD

all credit goes to fazerbox for his TrackMap plugin.
it works on a layer bases thats the only way i could get it to work.
i couldn't mix them together so i couldn't take something from the wgl widget and add it to lcd widget.

NOTE if you use a custom trackmapconf you might want to add changes manually read the readme for this.
NOTE because it works on a layer bases if you want to move it you will have to realign the other layers/widgets
NOTE:you will have to assign what buttons you want to...

Read more about this resource...

here's a look at v0.2 with helmet overlay and custom rf2hud

motec_zps776f1ed8.jpg
[/URL]

Hi, I thought id give it a try,
I downloaded the track map plugin found HERE and it all works ok
But when i used your overlay it was a bit spaced out over the screen, all the info was not in the frame.
by the way i am using triple screen 5760x1080
im not fully up to speed with these tools is there a way to merge it all together like in the picture.
it all worked just spread out, or do i need to reinstall it again.

thanks for any help :)

without seeing whats going on i would say you have to realign the layers/widgets
if you load the game up get on track and push alt space at the same time do it twice and it brings up a menu down the bottom of that menu is all the motec layers/widgets go to motecmain push enter
now you will be able to move the motecmain anywhere on screen move it to where you want it when driving
now open the menu again and go to the next in the list motectyres select it and move it over the top of the motecmain widget and align it up again use screenshot as a reference as to where it goes
i hope this explains how to move it around and realign it

i know its a pain
but as i said in the original post this was the only way i could get it to work
i don't know if it is something i'm doing wrong or if its the trackmap plugin but i can't actually make a new widget i can only edit an exciting widget because you can't mix the widgets together to create a new widget

preferably all the widgets in the trackmap plugin need to be on the 1 widget then people could create there own widgets with what ever is available within the plugin

Hi i followed the instructions, took a few mins to get used to it but its real simple and easy to use:thumbsup::thumbsup:
once you have got to the point that each unit can be selected using the arrows keys left and right to cycle though each one, you move them round with you mouse, you can switch each part on and off with the enter button. so after five minutes i had what i wanted... below are some pics of how it was, and were i ended up:D
pic 1: Original Position
1.jpg

pic 2: 1sttime ALT+Space use the arrows up and down to go though the menu press enter to select
2.jpg

pic3: 2nd time ALT+Space use the arrows up and down to go though the menu press enter to select
3.jpg

pic4: Finished as to what i liked and what i wanted diplayed.:)
4.jpg

like the start light feature..

this is a great little app to use... would recommend to all even if you don't want all the features there are a couple that really make it good. thank you for this ..:thumbsup:

TJR updated Motec LCD with a new update entry:

MotecLCD

all credit goes to fazerbox and MS7XWDC for there Plugins

to install motecLCD v0.2
unzip to Rfactor 2/plugins merge folders & overwrite trackmapconf
note: i included the helmet overlay template so you can change the decals and the colour of the helmet and visor

to install MS7XWDC rf2 HUD 4Motec.rfcmp
unzip to rfactor2/packages & install through the mod manager
note: you only need to install this if you use the helmet overlay
http://isiforums.net/f/member.php/2456-MS7XWDC

Read the rest of this update entry...

the hud you install through the mod manager then start rfactor 2 at the bottom right of the screen is customize click on it then onscreen display tab find rf2 hud 4motec select it and click accept

if you use xpadder you can map the motec left and motec right panel to toggle whats being displayed with only 2 buttons
in xpadder button advanced
example left panel
add pause , j , add pause , add pause , k , add new cycle , k , add pause , add pause , j

for example right panel
add pause , g , add pause , add pause , h , add new cycle , h , add pause , add pause , g

you can also use a batch file to quickly change the position of the motec lcd from car to car
my trackmapconf swapper
https://www.mediafire.com/?nkf9iphqt8t9k6f
to install unzip to plugins/trackmap you should also send a shortcut of trackmapconf Swapper.bat to the desktop

to use
just double click trackmapconf Swapper.bat type 1 to 10 and hit enter done
to edit
add more cars/new position right click on trackmapconf Swapper.bat select edit
also i'm not sure this works if you have your rfactor 2 installed on your system drive

Last edited:
just noticed this also works with rf1
GID V1-1-4 - Global Info Display and Trackmap
just rename trackmapconf to gidconf

here's a look at v0.2 with helmet overlay and custom rf2hud

motec_zps776f1ed8.jpg
[/URL]
Hi I am working on a F1 ASR , F1 2014 F1 Hud , TV Style from the newset graphics in this season ,
In developer mode I can not seem to find , Brake , Throttle , RPM 2 , that is in your reference pictures ,
Did you apply these from the developer Hud tools , or did you apply them yourself , I would appreciate your support if possible as its my first time creating one for rFactor in general I understand parts of things and always learn fast with things in general too , could not find the correct names or settings ?

Hello,sorry for this question but i am totaly new to rf world.....my knowledge about installimg mods is small,i can manage to install tracks or car skins over the mod manager in the launcher.....

I downloaded this mod but i dont get it to work correct.....

My question is,where and which file do i have to put to get this display?
Thanks for your help

Guys I use this in rF1 but cant get this one to work with rF2, nothing appears on screen, is there an activate button or key combo ?

I have some of it displaying now but only a few bits, gear selector is top middle of screen and fuel is top left, I cant seem to get the rest of it working, ho hum I shall plough on :)

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 88 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 71 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 44 6.3%
  • < 5 years