MoTEC i2 Pro in GTR Evo

• Thread starter Alberto L. Barcia
  • Start date
A

Alberto L. Barcia

• Alberto L. Barcia

Hi guys.

After several days reading forums and looking for a way to obtain data from my sessions in GTR Evo to be used with MoTeC i2 Pro, I didn'd find it, so I decided to investigate it by myself.

The result of that investigation is that I find the way to do it and I'll post it here for those who think it could be useful.

It's as simply as make a couple of modifications in your user's PRL file (located in "C:\Program files\Steam\SteamApps\[your steam user]\race 07\UserData\[your GTR evo user]\")

REMEMBER TO ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR ORIGINAL FILES.

The changes you have to make are the following:

Data Acquisition In Race="0" (original)
Data Acquisition In Race="1" (modified)

MoTeC LogFolder= Here the folder you want to put the data into

And that's all.

You can free download latest release of MoTeC i2 Pro here.

• Andrew Evans

last time i used motec i was a complete nub and fully overwhelmed by it :)... need to have another look at this... but from what i remember, it was missing things in the output, like tyre temps - which would be the most useful thing to me now :D

• Alberto L. Barcia

last time i used motec i was a complete nub and fully overwhelmed by it :)... need to have another look at this... but from what i remember, it was missing things in the output, like tyre temps - which would be the most useful thing to me now :D

I agree that that amount of data can be very disheartening. Maybe this beginners guide may help you.

• Chris Standring

like tyre temps - which would be the most useful thing to me now :D

Can someone confirm this is missing? It was pretty much the whole reason i was going to setup motec at the moment. If its not functioning with those i think ill hold off the headache for a while :p

• Alberto L. Barcia

I never missed data about tyres. The only data sometimes I miss is about suspension and dampers, but never about tyres.

Maybe it could be good to investigate why sometimes (and not allways) some data is missed.

• Andrew Evans

i'll check it again tonight... it could have been user error - or the fact i was using an add-on track... i post back with meh findings...

i tested what fuctions all work with evo ..

And i'm happy to say really every function works ...

tire temps , suspension , oversteer , the whole freaking package.

I looked for the workbook file i use back then and i found it.
Just open the "Project.mtcprj" in de package and you will have a perfect workbook to get super setups with. with the open log file button or ctrl+O you can browse to your logged laps.

wanted to up the file but it's to big ..
You can download it here.

• Alberto L. Barcia

I looked for the workbook file i use back then and i found it.
Just open the "Project.mtcprj" in de package and you will have a perfect workbook to get super setups with. with the open log file button or ctrl+O you can browse to your logged laps.

wanted to up the file but it's to big ..
You can download it here.

I agree this is a good workbook to work with. I have seen that the Beginners guide I told about in my second post is based in this workbook Richard gave us. Although it has a sheet for tyre analisis I have added a new sheet only for tyre temps where they can be seen more clearly.

Thank you for the workbook, Richard.:thumb:

• Alberto L. Barcia

Every time you go out and go back to pits one file with the data about your laps is recorded. If you want you can map a network drive in another computer with the folder you put the data into and check that data while you are stopped in pits.

I hope you undertand what I'm saying since my English is not good at all. :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 248 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 165 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 229 13.9%