MoTEC i2 Pro in GTR Evo

• Thread starter Alberto L. Barcia
  • Start date
A

Alberto L. Barcia

• Alberto L. Barcia

Hi guys.

After several days reading forums and looking for a way to obtain data from my sessions in GTR Evo to be used with MoTeC i2 Pro, I didn'd find it, so I decided to investigate it by myself.

The result of that investigation is that I find the way to do it and I'll post it here for those who think it could be useful.

It's as simply as make a couple of modifications in your user's PRL file (located in "C:\Program files\Steam\SteamApps\[your steam user]\race 07\UserData\[your GTR evo user]\")

REMEMBER TO ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR ORIGINAL FILES.

The changes you have to make are the following:

Data Acquisition In Race="0" (original)
Data Acquisition In Race="1" (modified)

MoTeC LogFolder= Here the folder you want to put the data into

And that's all.

You can free download latest release of MoTeC i2 Pro here.

• Nick Price

no different from a gtr2 log file really ?

ive not noticed any real differance... only thing missing in my logs is brake temp's, but as far as i know thats always been missing...

• Gergo Gregasz dr

I find it, but dont can i use it... After start: critical error

Where can i find the "PLR" file?

• Eric Soeters

It is simple, but for some reason I do not get the data in Motec. I have seen that the 'vehicledata.spt' has been changed after driving a few laps. I changed the PLR file. But in Motec I cannot find any file that he needs to pickup. It keeps showing the message: "there are no log files in this folder".

Anyone with a dumbass step-plan for me?

It is simple, but for some reason I do not get the data in Motec. I have seen that the 'vehicledata.spt' has been changed after driving a few laps. I changed the PLR file. But in Motec I cannot find any file that he needs to pickup. It keeps showing the message: "there are no log files in this folder".

Anyone with a dumbass step-plan for me?

All these lines need to be edited in the .plr with how you want it to look. Change them so they are correct for you:

Data Acquisition In Race="1"
Data Acquisition EXE="C:\Program Files (x86)\MoTeC\i2\1.0\MoTeC.exe"
Data Acquisition File="F:\Programs and Games\Steam\SteamApps\4ury\race 07\UserData\vehicledata.spt"
MoTeC LogFolder="C:\MoTeC\Logged Data"
MoTeC Minimum Time="50" // minimum MoTeC recording time (sec)
MoTeC Multiple Logs="1" // generate unique filename for each new log

Then it should now record log files to C:\MoTec\Logged Data.

Next step record a few laps then open motec. I recommend a custom project file like this. It needs to go in:

My Documents\MoTeC Projects

Once that is done open motec, open the project and then finally open the log file.

• Gergo Gregasz dr

"All these lines need to be edited in the .plr with how you want it to look. Change them so they are correct for you:

Data Acquisition File="F:\Programs and Games\Steam\SteamApps\4ury\race 07\UserData\vehicledata.spt"
MoTeC Multiple Logs="1" // generate unique filename for each new log"

Is it necessary to amend the file to this in all cases?

"All these lines need to be edited in the .plr with how you want it to look. Change them so they are correct for you:

MoTeC Multiple Logs="1" // generate unique filename for each new log"

Is it necessary to amend the file to this in all cases?

no just amend to whatever your install paths and requirements are.
my files for a standard xp install with defaults paths reads

Data Acquisition In Race="0"
Data Acquisition EXE="C:\Program Files\MoTeC\i2\1.0\MoTeC.exe"
Data Acquisition File="C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\blootoon\race 07\UserData\vehicledata.spt"
MoTeC Minimum Time="20" // minimum MoTeC recording time (sec)
MoTeC Multiple Logs="1" // generate unique filename for each new log

• Grant Osborne

At first I was hesitant to try Motec in case I messed up my Evo install but I managed to get MoTeC running with Evo today, all I can say is it's a fantastic addition to the sim. It's great to be able to see exactly what's happening with the car at any point on the track and how the car is responding to adjustments other than just seat of the pants.

There's a bit of a learning curve for sure, but with a few hours of experience using it today (I already have an understanding of vehicle tuning adjustments) it seems to me that even basic setup info can be collated and put to work fairly quickly without the guesswork.

Thankyou to the guys who posted earlier in the thread with info on setting this up and using it.

Cheers :beer:

Grant

It would be so nice if there would be more sharing of motec logfiles. especialy the logfiles from the fast guys. You can really nice see where you lose time.

if you load up two laps , and rightclick in the middle, press display , you can add a time variance window. Now you see a line with the variance of time , so you can really see where you lose or win time, in combination with the views of gear, under/oversteer, brake , throtle ,speed you can really for sure improve your times.

• Stefan Gunnersen

It seems that GTR Evolution is a hybrid between Race and GTR 2? I am not sure, but was it possible to get Motec-data in Race? I did get it in GTR 2, but have not used it for a long time. Possibly I should use it again.

Btw it is fun to use Fraps to record a video and insert it into Motec with the data file and watch the replay while the data rolls over the screen.

It seems that GTR Evolution is a hybrid between Race and GTR 2? I am not sure, but was it possible to get Motec-data in Race? I did get it in GTR 2, but have not used it for a long time. Possibly I should use it again.

Btw it is fun to use Fraps to record a video and insert it into Motec with the data file and watch the replay while the data rolls over the screen.

It should work with race using the .plr edit.

• Bob Kozakiewicz

It would be so nice if there would be more sharing of motec logfiles. especialy the logfiles from the fast guys. You can really nice see where you lose time.

if you load up two laps , and rightclick in the middle, press display , you can add a time variance window. Now you see a line with the variance of time , so you can really see where you lose or win time, in combination with the views of gear, under/oversteer, brake , throtle ,speed you can really for sure improve your times.

I totally agree. I came across some of Huttu's motec files for GTR2 and that helped tremendously to improve my lap times in that sim. The motec data coupled with the replay helped to shave off seconds off of my times.

• Grant Osborne

I spent quite a few hours last night just testing and testing using Motec and ended up chopping 3 seconds off my previous best lap time at Monza. (ok, I'm a total beginner to sim racing and not a great driver) but I went from 2.05 to consistent 2.02 times in the Seat Leon.

This was just with the basics using Motec info to check and adjust my braking, camber settings and tyre temps/pressures. I also found that previously I was consistently over-shooting the optimum gear change rpm's because I was using the LED rev indicators in the cockpit to gauge the gear change point and this caused me to unknowingly miss the best shift point at very gear change.

As a matter of interest, is there a way to control/set the rpms at which each light comes on so it can be tuned to the optimum for the vehicle?

I'm going to start looking at the suspension settings next and see what I can learn there. So much to learn!

All this fun fine tuning the car without even racing it! :laugh2:

I'll post up my findings as it may help other beginners.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 394 16.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 266 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 254 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 186 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 314 13.0%