Motec i2 Pro for rFactor

I have i2 Pro installed for Race and it works brilliantly. Making setup tweaks to the suspension, especially in the open wheelers is so much simpler with it.

Unfortunately, for the life of me, I can't figure out why it won't work with my install of rFactor.

It is the disk version, not the download version. My .plr file looks right but I might be mistaken.

Then comes the matter of, how do I configure the sheets to give my suspension histograms for rFactor like I have it in Race.

Here's a copy of .plr

Data Acquisition Version="0" // Version of vehicle data to write out
Data Acquisition Rate="8"
Data Acquisition In Race="1"
Data Acquisition EXE="C:\Program Files\MoTeC\i2\1.0\MoTeC.exe"
Data Acquisition File="C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor\UserData\vehicledata.spt"

If anyone has i2 Pro working for rFactor, or anyone who can spot something wrong, do say, cause I could do with all the help I can get when setting cars up.

The MoTec i2 software and the rFactor Data Acquisition plugin will not work together without this patch:

rFactor DPA 1.3.2.0. patch

This file and its contents are detected as a threat by most antivirus programs, so they will have to be disabled before extracting and installing. Once installed, you can delete the download and scan your system; no threat is detected from the patched file.

Once it's recording data properly, follow Dave Oliver's instructions.
:)

Whenever I try to use this program, it keeps telling me that it cannot access the file, because it says the file might be in use.

I then moved the .dll to my desktop, fired the program up and it says it patched it, but a cr32 failed or something.

So now that it seemingly is patched (still not sure if it is), where are these instructions?

Did you disable your antivirus program as I instructed? I assume that any other protection your system has will stop this file from being executed.
A crc error usually occurs when the zip file is incomplete or broken; you could try re-downloading it or find it from a source other than the link I posted.

When I wrote "instructions", I was referring to what Dave wrote in his post:

Well when you install it ask you where you want the data put, usually "UserData\LOG\MoTeC" then just point Motec to it.

@Marcus: it's not "my patch"...after some searching to figure out why I was unable to get any data into i2 Pro (yes, I pressed ctrl M to start acquisition), I found a thread on NoGrip in which someone had posted a link to that patch. After installing it, I was able to get data into i2. If you're able to see your data without the patch, clearly you don't need it! Here's a link to that thread:

http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/showthread.php?p=753030

Could one of you please post your .plr file because I still don't know why i2Pro and rFactor won't get along. i2Pro works perfectly for Race.

Today at the WTM event, I did the Ctrl+M and after the event, in rFactor\UserData\LOG\MoTeC there were Motec files, but for some odd reason, when I open i2Pro up, got to open log file, point it to that folder, it says their isn't anything in the folder. ???

I thought I made it pretty clear, actually:

MoTec i2 Pro and the Data acquisition plugin don't work together without the patch (for ME, at least). When patched, the plugin uses a different executable to gather its data:

Data Acquisition Version="0" // Version of vehicle data to write out
Data Acquisition Rate="8"
Data Acquisition In Race="1"
Data Acquisition EXE="DataAnalysis.exe"
Data Acquisition File="userdata\vehicledata.spt"

The data collected is 'translated' for i2 Pro to use. When I installed the patch, I extracted the contents of the zip to the plugins folder before executing it (having disabled my antivirus first).

Could one of you please post your .plr file because I still don't know why i2Pro and rFactor won't get along. i2Pro works perfectly for Race.

Today at the WTM event, I did the Ctrl+M and after the event, in rFactor\UserData\LOG\MoTeC there were Motec files, but for some odd reason, when I open i2Pro up, got to open log file, point it to that folder, it says their isn't anything in the folder. ???

Hmm.. Sounds more like a wrong/missing path in the DataAcquisitionPlugin.ini. Happend to me a couple of times while getting another rFactor installation ready.

DataAcquisitionPlugin.ini said:
[User Interface]
Activation Toggle Key="m" ; Single printable character, as "x", or Virtual Key Code in hexadecimal, as 0xNN
Activation Toggle Key Shift State=2 ; Combination of (by adding): 0 = None, 1 = Shift, 2 = Control, 4 = Alt
Activation Toggle Key Hold Time=0 ; Seconds required to hold activation toggle key down
Show OSD=0 ; 0 = No OSD, 1 = Show OSD
OSD Show Time=5 ; Number of seconds to keep the OSD visible
OSD Left Position=0 ; Horizontal pixel position of top-left corner of OSD (relative to rFactor window)
OSD Top Position=0 ; Vertical pixel position of top-left corner of OSD (relative to rFactor window)
Logging Activated Sound="X:\simracing\rFactor (RDLMS S3)\PLUGINS\rFactor Data Acquisition Plugin\Sounds\LoggerOn.wav" ; Path to a sound file to play when logging is activated
Logging Deactivated Sound="
X:\simracing\rFactor (RDLMS S3)\PLUGINS\rFactor Data Acquisition Plugin\Sounds\LoggerOff.wav" ; Path to a sound file to play when logging is de-activated

[Logging Options]
Logging Active On Startup=1 ; Activation Status on Simulation Startup: 0 = Inactive, 1 = Active
Wait For Vehicle To Move=1 ; Wait for vehicle to move before starting data collection: 0 = No, 1 = Yes
Sample Rate=10 ; Samples per second. Supported rates are: 1, 2, 5, 10, 20, 50, and 100
Write CSV File=0 ; motec_convert compatible CSV file. 0 = don't write, 1 = write
Write LD File=1 ; Binary file compatible with Interpreter and i2. 0 = don't write, 1 = write
Write LDX File=1 ; XML file containing additional information (used by i2). 0 = don't write, 1 = write
Write Debug File=0 ; If = 1, writes debug output to DataAcquisitionPlugin.log
Log File Output Path="X:\simracing\rFactor (RDLMS S3)\USERDATA\LOG\MoTeC" ; MoTeC log files will be written here
Log File Base Name="<Track>-<YYYY>_<MM>_<DD>_<hh24>_<mm>_<ss>-stint<StintNum>" ; Defines the log file base file name format. Variable names are case-sensitive! See the README file for valid variables.

Maybe it´ll help. ;)

i found placing the patch.exe in the rfactor plugins folder where the Data Acquisition plugin is located and run the patch there it ran fine if i tried to run the patch ouside of that folder i got the error messages as stated above. But works a treat now with latest version of mi2 pro v.1.18.0017 previously used mi2pro v.1.01.0082 without the Data Acquisition patch.. my operating system is win7 ultimate 64 bit

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 107 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 199 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 381 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 520 38.5%