MoTeC/ACTi generics

So, looking at a lap in MoTeC again ( if anyone has a decent workspace please share! ) - one thing I immediately picked up was that my part throttle & part brake telemetry is really spiky, so first things first:

* Is that an issue with ACTi ( it was recording at 20Hz which isn't ideal I know ), or is that actually what AC is seeing? my pedals don't seem spiky if I look at their calibration.

Next thing is that for some laps the data does not seem to want to sync up to the map, the lap ends too early. I can see from inputs that there's a full lap's worth of data there, but fiddling around has not made it match up on the map - given the map is pretty handy for picking the right spot in telemetry this is pretty annoying.

My acti records at around 100hz (in motec it ends up jumping 85-115hz constantly) but i remember seeing ~25hz once thou i don't remember how i fixed it (it was some years ago). Never saw wrong pedal telemetry thou so idk, it should look like it is in game.

Also if track is not sync up you have to regenerate it, right click on the small map -> track editor -> generate track -> select from lateral G & speed data (it should pick data automatically, if not there is something wrong and you can try selecting correct channels. It might even help with sample rate, idk) -> then "ok" -> "ok"

Thanks guys. ACTi has a setting for recording rate ( two, in fact ) which had managed to reset itself.

EFd0Koh.jpg

I'm hoping some of that is just sampling rate & the telemetry export, I don't really have anything to compare to though.

You do, AC's built in telemetry, it should look (virtually) the same.
edit: I mean if you are wondering if ACTI is correct.

Anyways, while not optimal, i don't see anything that improbable with those graphs. What car was that ? (looks high powered, low downforce stick shift)

Ferrari 330P, manual shifter, and I think T1-2 at Watkins Glen if you want to picture it. Seems a bit noisy compared to what my foot was actually doing.

By comparison I meant with someone else's output from a different rig.

I log high-res at 100Hz and low-res at 50hz and have never had a problem with inaccuracy. It reads the data directly from AC (as any app does), so there shouldn’t be any problem with its output - all lowering the frequency will do is give you less detail.

Though that said, ACTI does come with a warning that the logging rates shouldn’t be higher than the average fps, so I guess there could be problems if that were to happen, but at 20Hz it shouldn’t be a problem at all.

Hmm to see if pedals work correctly try opening "setup debug" dev app , find live numbers for each pedal, then slowly push them. If it's not possible to push them consistently step by step without numbers going up and down by more than 2-3 steps then your pots might need cleaning (if it's a load cell i have no idea).

Not sure if this will help but here is my input from luffield in 330P4
330P4 silverstone luffield.png

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back