Most of the tracks from the 1.spanish website are black.

Hello,
I play racer for a couple of years and I like offroad-rallye tracks.
Sorry. if my english is not so good.
So my problem is, I downloaded racer version 0.83 and followed the hint to get more tracks on racer.nl.
Then I realized, only tracks with the ending cg will be o.k. on my computer.
After a time I found swiss-stroll_cg, and then the badland cg work from luthobo and another one.
So at the moment I have 4 tracks. The same problem with cars.
is there a way to play early fall in norway or weekend drive or do I have to wait until someone makes a cg-version? With Linux everything was fine, but now with my laptop I have an integrated and a discrete
grafic-card and no driver to switch to the discrete one.

So with windows, where can I get tracks and cars?
Thanks to luthobo for his great work, I think, he has a least one car too.
And what is cg? It needs lots of MB. Does it make the tracks look better?!

Regards
Plueschinger
P.S. it would be nice to inform the people, that the old tracks need some work.
The spanish side, I mean is:XtremeRacers (Spanish) Over 100 tracks and over 100 cars, mods, skins, tuning... It is in Spanish but doable for the non-Spanish speaking I guess.

Cg is the type of shading that most content uses now. You can run the older content in the racer_nocg.exe :)

You should go to track/car folder and change track.shd/car.shd to track_nocg.shd and car_nocg.shd as well, so the racer_nocg.exe knows to use them.

Hello,
thanks for the answers.
Changing track.shd to track_nocg.shd helped a lot. At least I can see the road now.
But there are still some black parts on the left and right side of the road in some of the tracks.
Sometimes they get visible, when I get close to them.

Regards
Plueschinger
P.S. I changed to version-0.8.24, everything seems to be o.k. until now

Hello,
Some tracks still make problems, for example "Anarchy Road", first the track is grey,
after changing track.shd to track_nocg.shd racer complains: "file not found".
I hope this is the important part of Qlog:
Wed Dec 01 15:15:32 (INFO): [noqapp/5724] --- application start ---
Wed Dec 01 15:15:33 (INFO): [noqapp/5724] 4 processor(s); setting affinity to 0xf
Wed Dec 01 15:15:33 (INFO): [racer/5724] Racer version: 0.8.24 (Nov 24 2010/16:57:26) - customer: Internet
Wed Dec 01 15:15:33 (INFO): [racer/5724] renderer.motion_blur.method is set to 4, but this Racer executable doesn't support Cg - not using FBO's.
Wed Dec 01 15:15:34 (INFO): [racer/5724] Physics engine: NEWTON v2.24
Wed Dec 01 15:15:34 (INFO): [racer/5724] WorldRainNode:LoadSettings; method=PARTICLES_BOXES but Cg support is off - reverting
Wed Dec 01 15:15:35 (INFO): [racer/5724] Safety changed: SAFE
Wed Dec 01 15:15:45 (INFO): [racer/5724] Loading track 'AnarchyRoad'
Wed Dec 01 15:15:48 (FATAL): [racer/5724] Exception 0xC0000005, flags 0, Address 0x004EEEB2
(this dialog text is stored in QLOG.txt)

OS-Version: 6.1.7600 () 0x300-0x1

0x004EEEB2 [racer_nocg]: (filename not available): (function-name not available)
0x004124D7 [racer_nocg]: (filename not available): (function-name not available)

Regards
Plueschinger

Try making a copy of the shader with the original name (keeping the nocg version aswell). That's what I do and I've had no problems.

Hello.
thanks for your answer.
I reinstalled Anarchy Road, first the grey screen, only the car is visible. Then I copied track.shd and called it track_nocg.shd,
But with this 2 shd-files, I have the same error message I posted before.

Regards
Plueschinger

Hello,
@Splashonda: Ola, como estas?
posso falar portuguese, mas escrever e uma otra coisa.
In most tracks the renaming of track.shd to track_nocg.shd works very well, there are also tracks, which work without
renaming track.shd. But Eville Rally Stage 1 and Anarchy Road show only first a grey or black screen,
and after renamig the file the above showed error-message.

Regards
Plueschinger

Sometimes, depending when and for which version of Racer cars or tracks were made, some of them will just not work properly. It's a part of Racer experience..

There's probably some way of fixing it, but as twister says, it's just the way Racer is at the moment. New betas of Racer are released regularly, sometimes even weekly, which can cause the older content to become out dated and incompatible.

The best thing to do is wait until we get to the 0.9 stable version of Racer. Then new content can be released and older content can be updated. :)

The best thing to do is wait until we get to the 0.9 stable version of Racer. Then new content can be released and older content can be updated. :)

Code:
    ESTRAGON: 
    Let's go.
    VLADIMIR: 
    We can't.
    ESTRAGON: 
    Why not?
    VLADIMIR: 
    We're waiting for Godot.
    ESTRAGON: 
    (despairingly). Ah! 
    Pause.