Most hated tracks you`re racing on

Hi guys,

first of all this topic could fit in any other sim`s forum, but i have choosen Assetto Corsa, because i think right now it has the most tracks avaiable?1

So like the Title says i would like to know if you have any "most hated" tracks you are stilll driving on. Don`t know - in a League, in Offline Championship or because you like punish yourself .... :D

I am driving a lot of offline championships in AC, R3E and AMS2 right now, which should recreate various real racing series, so sometimes i also race on tracks i dislike.

Spontaneus i have these hated tracks:

VIR (Virginia International Raceway) - absolutely no flow, Area looking poor, It just don`look and feel like a race track at all for me. AI always faster on corners i don`t know why^^

Macau - Can`t find nothing fascinating about bouncing against the walls :unsure:. No overtaking at all.

Monza -pre war- straight, straight,straight, turn lite right, straight, straight, straight ..... booooring as hell.

I have more for sure.... must first race them again to remember...

Last edited:
(I actually quite like Spa although I'm really bad through Eau Rouge in most cars)

I absolutely dislike Paul Ricard with all those stupid wide curves that get narrower and its 10.000 layouts while it's nothing but a huge flat slab of asphalt and the blue stripes look really bad with low AA. I also don't like the common Tilkedromes like Sochi, Dubai or Sepang:

As much as it pains me to say, but for racing I don't like the Red Bull Ring :redface: Corners 1, 3 and 10 are all stupid. It's fine for track days. For everything else, the old Österreichring for me, thank you.

I agree with Stereo- Monza is no fun at all for me. (Both Historic and Modern)
But I really have to disagree about Spa- While the Layout has not much in common with the majestic 60s Layout, it's one of the modern Tracks that I still drive occasionally.
If I had to name a Track I really hate, that would be definitely modern Silverstone! And yes, Paul Ricard too!

Hi guys,

first of all this topic could fit in any other sim`s forum, but i have choosen Assetto Corsa, because i think right now it has the most tracks avaiable?1

So like the Title says i would like to know if you have any "most hated" tracks you are stilll driving on. Don`t know - in a League, in Offline Championship or because you like punish yourself .... :D

I am driving a lot of offline championships in AC, R3E and AMS2 right now, which should recreate various real racing series, so sometimes i also race on tracks i dislike.

Spontaneus i have these hated tracks:

VIR (Virginia International Raceway) - absolutely no flow, Area looking poor, It just don`look and feel like a race track at all for me. AI always faster on corners i don`t know why^^

Macau - Can`t find nothing fascinating about bouncing against the walls :unsure:. No overtaking at all.

Monza -pre war- straight, straight,straight, turn lite right, straight, straight, straight ..... booooring as hell.

I have more for sure.... must first race them again to remember...
Well VIR and Macau are two of my favorite ones, especially Macau, once you get the hang of it it is pure adrenaline. Monza is a lot of fun with GPL-like cars (all power, no aero, big danger).

I found out that it's hard for me to dislike a track when I have learned it properly, and when I drive it with cars that are a good match. I am not a great fan of Spa, Paul Ricard, Brands Hatch, but I am not fast there, either so I am not blaming the track.

Generally I dislike two things in race tracks. Repetition and chicanes. That means no tracks like zolder or monza for me. A perfect track has no chicanes. Just saying. The worst kind of chicane I know are the ones which are pretty quick and narrow with very little change in direction. The worse ones are like that but fast. Some live for speed tracks I really used to dislike because of that. It just becomes a game of accuracy which then becomes a game of how much can you cut. I don't really like that.

By repetition I mean that a track can be fun but once you have done hundreds of laps around it it starts to lose its appeal. Especially if it did not have that much appeal for me in the first place. I don't really dislike spa and I don't really have much negative remarks to say about it. But over the years I've done my share of laps around it. I'd guess one of the tracks I dislike for similar reasons is donington. The track is very good but I feel like I've been around it too many times for one life time. For some reason nords is not on this list for me. While I have done too many laps around it it still feels fun in small doses.

That being said I don't hate spa, zolder or monza. A good race can happen anywhere and apart from the first corner monza can create some good racing. But I'd rather not do a race there or join a server when there are other options.

By repetition I mean that a track can be fun but once you have done hundreds of laps around it it starts to lose its appeal.
yes i know what you mean with those repetition thing.
And i can agree about Spa fe. i´ve also "been there" to many times and it´s become nothing special anymore.
Thats a "problem" i have fe. driving my "real" championships.
If you see diverse f1, wtcc, btcc, dtm, whatever...calender, there are some tracks coming again and again....

I haven't ever liked Monza in any game, until I recently started to appreciate the '66 version with certain cars in AC, both with and without oval.

I have a few tracks that I love in AC but really struggle with driving on. Of all FatAlfie's superb circuits, I weirdly find Thomson Road the hardest to lap with any consistency, just cannot get to grips with how many apices some of those corners seem to have! I love the circuit and the immersion level, but I cannot ever just drive it for half an hour without ending up backwards in the jungle.

I haven't touched a modern circuit for over a year, but the new version of Silverstone is one of the worst changes to a circuit of all time for me. I used to go and stand by the fence at Abby and watch cars emerge from Bridge, but removing that part and turning the entire place into a giant, windswept carpark... for some reason I dislike it as much in any game as I do in real life.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 393 40.1%