Most gpu demanding racing sim?

What is the most gpu demanding racing sim today? For a single gpu video card.

And if I purchased a gpu or gpus to run as high a quality as possible for that sim, will that ensure I get the same or better performance from other sims? I am mainly concerned with getting rid of JAGGED LINES anywhere in game.

Raceroom Racing Experience?
Project Cars?
Assetto Corsa?
rFactor2?

I'd say it's a toss-up between rFactor 2 and Project CARS, for different reasons. PCARS has a lot of eye candy, and a visual fidelity that's close to unparalleled in a racing title. I have not benchmarked PCARS on my card yet though...

rFactor 2 needs some optimization, where it will require a beefy GFX card to run at max performance. I did a test, and rF2 at medium-high settings would max out my 650ti, when Assetto Corsa/iRacing at high settings would run around 60% level.

Upvote 0
@ Mr. Marsh
I actually enjoyed the rFactor2 demo. But on high settings, I was getting freezing, stuttering. When I put the settings on a mixture of low/med settings, I was surprised how good it looked and the video was smooth as silk.
----------------------------------------
I installed Project Cars and tried playing it on Ultra settings at 4800x900 resolution full screen.
Both video cards were running at 100%
top card temperature >100C
Bottom card temperature 42C
video froze just after I got out of the pits on Spa.

4800x900 windowed mode (using 1 video card)
I turned down the settings to a mixture of low/med. settings.
top card temp. 95C
30 fps - just barely playable.

Upvote 0
What are you using for your graphics card?

I have 2 x 6970's, 2GB cards in crossfire with Accelero Extreme III triple fan coolers - which lowered temps by 20-30C during idle/gaming vs the original reference fan.

I think the 6970's don't have the grunt to play these racing sims at high.

Besides, something is wrong. Right now, the core clock is jumping between 880mhz & 500mhz for no apparent reason - sorta like an EKG, with only this forum open.

Upvote 0
In my experience:

GTX770 is a base level for 1080i @ min 60 fps with lots of AI opponents and maxed graphics.

GTX970 is a base level for triple 1080i @ min 60 fps with lots of AI opponents and maxed graphics... if you configure for multiview, then sacrifice AA to keep min 60 fps.

Can't go wrong with a GTX980.

Very important that your motherboard supports the highest data transfer to the GPU.

Upvote 0
Yup, those are the words you're looking for. Sometimes you have to activate the data rate manually with an nVidia tool even though the motherboard is compliant.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 328 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 220 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years