More sites like RD

Maybe a weird question. ;)
But are there more sites like RD that have normal races and not only League races? Because on all the sites that i find there are only League races.

From my experience, Racedepartment is the only community running a "Racing Club" based on non League series.
Some other sites design their Leagues to be more friendly to newer or less experienced members, but mostly a little experience is required.

That is exactly why RD has a Racing Club, to provide a means for new drivers to hop in and learn whilst still having fun. It is also designed for experienced drivers who just want clean fun racing with like minded people, without the stress of League environments. Unfortunately, some Racing Club Events at RD are also taken too seriously by a small minority who still want to win at all costs. :wilt:

:plus1: i am getting sick of it too now!

Yeh.. It's actually making me feel it's not worth it anymore as I struggle enough with my internet and whenever I finally get it working, someone desperate gets too rough with me and pow. Most events are still very fun and clean, but I'm feeling it's not worth the gamble at the moment till my internet gets more stable :(

Yeah, like last nights racing. All things were good at the front but absolute carnage at the back. I made the 5th corner and then taken out by Patrick who went straight around a corner. Needless to say you spend your time qualifying and then don't even make it around corner number 5 with terminal suspension problems. I didn't even stick around for race 2.

The other thing I've noticed is people calling other things like "Children" etc etc when you make a innocent mistake... If that is the spirit then all of this racing is not worth it for me...

Sorry, I know it is your thread but I agree to where people should enjoy and focus less on winning at all cost.

From my experience, Racedepartment is the only community running a "Racing Club" based on non League series.
Some other sites design their Leagues to be more friendly to newer or less experienced members, but mostly a little experience is required.

That is exactly why RD has a Racing Club, to provide a means for new drivers to hop in and learn whilst still having fun. It is also designed for experienced drivers who just want clean fun racing with like minded people, without the stress of League environments. Unfortunately, some Racing Club Events at RD are also taken too seriously by a small minority who still want to win at all costs. :wilt:

To bad :). But luckily there is RD for new guys like me to get feeling of good clean racing on the PC. There are sites that do the same as RD but that is only for xbox with Race Pro, Forza and in the early days TOCA. :skywalker:

Guys, my post wasn't mean't to turn the thread into a list of bad driving examples, Bram's message is the best way to handle it.

The point of the thread though, is to emphasise that Racedepartment has something unique, a Racing Club which offers something different to regular League Racing, and a great opportunity to recruit, train, and develop new drivers to SimRacing.
Lets all play our role in fostering the Racing Club ideals, and ensuring it's survival.

Well the post can be interpreted into many things depending on your view but the fact remains that some people take things way to seriously and that has a impact on a lot of races.

On the other hand how are you suppose to learn if you drive with some people who can't handle the occasional mistake and then you get flamed?

The last thing I want this site to turn into is a big brother community where you can't do anything, say anything or feel you have to drive at the back of the pack otherwise you will get reported.

Once again we all have our own opinions and interpretations and that is mine..

Guys, my post wasn't mean't to turn the thread into a list of bad driving examples, Bram's message is the best way to handle it.

The point of the thread though, is to emphasise that Racedepartment has something unique, a Racing Club which offers something different to regular League Racing, and a great opportunity to recruit, train, and develop new drivers to SimRacing.
Lets all play our role in fostering the Racing Club ideals, and ensuring it's survival.

I only know of race2play.com. They hold many events across the three main sims. They run as arrive and drive championships, so you don't have to commit to a season, but you must book your place ahead of each race.

Most of their races are for free members, but some require the Basic membership and others are for private groups.

Not as diverse as RD's events, but an option if you can't get enough racing elsewhere.

• leahcim

Well the post can be interpreted into many things depending on your view but the fact remains that some people take things way to seriously and that has a impact on a lot of races.

On the other hand how are you suppose to learn if you drive with some people who can't handle the occasional mistake and then you get flamed?

Well, as an adult, you have to learn to cope with things that are inevitable.

e.g

In racing it's inevitable that accidents will happen. Inevitable. They happen. In every race. "Clean racing" is a fantasy.

In life it's inevitable that someone will say something to you that you don't like. Moreso if you are in competition with them. But being called "children" only ever bothers children.

It's inevitable that your own crashes are "mistakes" and other peoples are "taking it too seriously" :)

In racing and in a game it's inevitable that people will try to win. It's what "racing" and "game" mean after all.

So you have to learn to cope with each one. e.g you shouldn't spend much more than the time taken to do 1 lap to qualify, anything else is learning to play. Except Nelson Piquet, who waits until they're qualifying to learn? Do that offline.

You shouldn't pay any attention to what someone says. Simply don't read the type And things like teamspeak is a waste of time, no one has ever said anything interesting, vital or worth listening to in a none team game. Ever.

Imagine if Hamilton is sat there talking to Jenson "Hey Jenson, your new girlfriend's ugly" "Bah, Lewis, at least mine can sing" and so on...it'd be a farce.

Similarly for accidents. You have to learn to avoid them, or, at worst, minimise the consequences of them. In that vein playing on pub servers will arm you better. If you can win there, then you'll win easily when you go back on a server where folks are scared of big boys on the park kicking the ball too hard.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 228 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 221 14.3%