Resource icon

Misc More Realistic Tyre/Tire Mod 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
chessmaster02 submitted a new resource:

More Realistic Tyre/Tire Mod - Makes tyre/tire temp and wear more realistic

I FOUND A SOLUTION TO THE BIGGEST GLITCH IN F1 2014! It makes tyre wear and temperatures more realistic.
The tyres are 50% hotter than what they were (found it was the best temperature)
Tyre wear reduced by 10%
50% more grip
Simply copy the folder above, overwrite and play.
If you find your tyres overheating please notify me and I will make the temperature increase less
Thanks
There are no game pictures as there is nothing to take a photo of but here is a photo of the edited file:...

Read more about this resource...

50% more grip :O
Dude that's a lot.
And what I said In the thread about cooling tyres.

Just like in real life when your heading down the straight the tyres will cool down.
When you make a left turn the right tyres will cool down and the left tyres will get warmer.
Same for right handers.

There is nothing wrong with this system and just ignore what your engineer is saying or set engineer verbose in audio setting to critical only

For example.
In malaysia first corner, the left front is getting very warm and the right front and rear are cooling down. This is because almost all the weight of the car is leaning on the left front.
The left front will wear slightly quicker then the other ones too.

So please stop complaining and turn the engineer down, otherwise codemasters think the've created a new bug and try to fix it with another bug and tyres that stay ontemperature all the time, wich is very unreal

Could somebody let me know are the tire/tyre temperatures ok or do I need to make them cooler?

Ive made a 30 lap race in australia. Was racing the same yesterday so im able to compare a bit. I noticed quite a little difference. Yesterday i recieved the message that ive got to warm my tyres like each lap, mostly the right front tyre. Now its changed, i recieved the message twice on soft and once on hard. Sure the tyre still colder, but aint that much and the pit message is gone after some laps. Overall my tyres didnt wear much faster, i also didnt notice the +grip that much.

Just like in real life when your heading down the straight the tyres will cool down.
When you make a left turn the right tyres will cool down and the left tyres will get warmer.
Same for right handers.

Sorry, but it's the opposite of what you said. A left turn transfers weight onto the right side of the car, so the right tyres heat up. not the left. :)

Tyre temps is a little bit more complicated than that. The inner tyre does heat a little while on a turn. It heats less than the outter tyre, but it also does heat.

This might seem a non-sense, but it is possible to verify that with those new thermal cameras this year in F1 transmission.

Not sure if it's related to this or not but i have noticed that the Ai don't suffer from tire wear. I have just raced Marina Bay Singapore, i was able to achieve around 20 laps on soft tires. After lap 10 my tires started to wear and by the end of the stint i was under steering and lost about 1 or 2 seconds a lap over my earlier lap times, i changed from standard to rich to try and adjust but no joy. This track is very noticeable for under steer because of the barriers. When i checked the Ai lap times they were constant through 20 laps. Magnasson was lapping 1.53s on lap 21 and 1.52s on lap 32. I was 1.52s lap 21 and 1.54s lap 33. It was the same for nearly all the drivers. Therefore for about 8 laps he was now about 16s ahead of me when we both pitted. I reckon this is the same for every track and this is why the Ai appear to be heaps quicker by the end of the race. It needs fixing. Either get rid of our tire wear or fix the Ai to match ours !!

Not sure if it's related to this or not but i have noticed that the Ai don't suffer from tire wear. I have just raced Marina Bay Singapore, i was able to achieve around 20 laps on soft tires. After lap 10 my tires started to wear and by the end of the stint i was under steering and lost about 1 or 2 seconds a lap over my earlier lap times, i changed from standard to rich to try and adjust but no joy. This track is very noticeable for under steer because of the barriers. When i checked the Ai lap times they were constant through 20 laps. Magnasson was lapping 1.53s on lap 21 and 1.52s on lap 32. I was 1.52s lap 21 and 1.54s lap 33. It was the same for nearly all the drivers. Therefore for about 8 laps he was now about 16s ahead of me when we both pitted. I reckon this is the same for every track and this is why the Ai appear to be heaps quicker by the end of the race. It needs fixing. Either get rid of our tire wear or fix the Ai to match ours !!

This is my main beef with this great game. AI does not have tire wear period. Their pit stops are just scripted meaning the tires they enter the pits wit are as good as the tires they leave with i.e. They drive on brand new tires from start to finish.

Having said that, I don't think that this mod is the way to counteract this problem ( No disrespect to the Author intended). Based on a mod from last year, I have been modifying the database with good results (for me anyway). As far as I can tell, you can only play with "your" tire ware, so I have balanced the tire wear rate to make the lap time difference at pit time a little less severe. This has to be done per track, as different tracks have different tire challenges.
D.H.

Edit: This has to be done per tire type as well.

Last edited:
This is my main beef with this great game. AI does not have tire wear period. Their pit stops are just scripted meaning the tires they enter the pits wit are as good as the tires they leave with i.e. They drive on brand new tires from start to finish.

Having said that, I don't think that this mod is the way to counteract this problem ( No disrespect to the Author intended). Based on a mod from last year, I have been modifying the database with good results (for me anyway). As far as I can tell, you can only play with "your" tire ware, so I have balanced the tire wear rate to make the lap time difference at pit time a little less severe. This has to be done per track, as different tracks have different tire challenges.
D.H.

Edit: This has to be done per tire type as well.
This is probably what i am trying to achieve. Adjust my own tire wear, not to make it easy but just a bit fairer but also keeping it competitive!

This is probably what i am trying to achieve. Adjust my own tire wear, not to make it easy but just a bit fairer but also keeping it competitive!
Just don't understand why CM can come up with a complex game like F1, yet can't figure out how to program tire wear into AI. Might as well (heaven forbid) just forget tire wear period and adjust difficulty to suit.

Having said that, I don't think that this mod is the way to counteract this problem ( No disrespect to the Author intended)

On reflection, my statement was a bit ambiguous ( my apologies to chessmaster), I was only referring to the tire wear, the rest of the mod (for me) is I think, on the right track. Only thing is that I am still getting "cold tires" warnings from my engineer, so am playing with that number to see if I can get rid of it.
DH.

Thanks DH. I still don't know why you are getting cold tyres. My tyres are now warming up only after 30 seconds. Just keep playing round with the file and I am sure you will get there. BTW I am working on an Apple-Mercedes Skin plus complete team with Jobs and Kutcher! It will be awesome!

Hi chessmaster. The track I am on right now is Monza and I have gone up to 2.0 for the tire heat and still getting cold tire warnings from the engineer and my HUD.

Maybe try doing 5.0 and see if that helps. If it is too hot we can adjust further. I am just worried if we turn it up to 5.0 for some people the tyres will overheat and others the tyres will be too cold. If CM could get this right it would be so helpful. Maybe I should try and contact Codemasters Support and see if they can get me in touch with someone who made the game. It is worth a shot!

I sent an email. Hopefully they reply soon. I also asked about the glitch at turn 10 and 11 at Monaco where the cars smash into the wall and the race gets red flagged. I will tell you what they say when they respond

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 121 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 308 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 440 39.5%