Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Following our in depth developer interview with Sector3 Studios, we thought you might want to see a bit more of the lovey upcoming GT4 cars for the sim...

We now know the Lotus Evora, KTM Xbow and Porsche Cayman GT4 will benefit from a brand new physics set and tyre model developed by @Alex Hodgkinson and the Sector3 team, and we know that these three cars are the very first inclusion of GT4 specification machinery that will be appearing in RaceRoom Racing Experience, but what I'm sure you would all like to know about is how raceable these little beast really are in a tightly packed field of cars?

R3E GT4 Test Drives.jpg

Well if that's the case then fear not, we've got you covered! Earlier this week I took each of the new cars out for a spin in the single player mode of the test build of RaceRoom Racing Experience. Setting the AI to 102% and starting mid pack, I picked three very different race tracks to put them through their paces and see how they perform in competition, the videos of which you will be able to see at both the head of this article, and below.

R3E GT4 Test Drives 2.jpg

Now these are just quick and dirty gameplay videos, so expect a more thorough 'Talk 'n' Drive' review later in the week, but for now, sit back, relax and turn it up loud!

Oh and one last thing, please remember these videos are taken from the WIP build of RaceRoom, and as such the quality you see here will be a little below the public release version coming on the 28th. Already a couple of small updates have appeared since these were filmed (22/11), so be advised!

Oh, ICYMI live, check out the interview with Alex and JF HERE.

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a free to play racing simulation from Sector3 Studios.

If you like RaceRoom and want to keep up to date with all the latest news and discussions, head on over to the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum. We host a whole range of top quality club racing events in our Racing Club, plus we offer a great place to hang out and discuss the game with your fellow R3E fans. Pop over and say hello today!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Took the GT3 (Callaway C7) and GT2 (BMW) cars out for a spin after watching the interview...hadn’t used Raceroom in awhile and forgot how good it feels (and sounds)!

Just got a much faster PC this month, so I’ve been trying out all the sims again pretty randomly to test performance (AC, ACC, pCARS2, AMS, rF2 and R3E, using mostly the Callaway C7 GT3 on Watkins Glen and/or Paul Ricard)...it’s really jumping out at me, more than ever before, how different some sims feel compared to others. Just based on being able to predict the car’s behavior and react instinctively based on FFB under racing conditions: I prefer the feel of Raceroom and rFactor 2 (tied for 1st) with AMS a close 2nd. Looking forward to this next update :thumbsup:

So which one is it? Predict or react?:D

To answer your question: I'm not psychic, so I can't predict how every bump, curb or impact will affect the car, but when something does happen out of the ordinary (i.e. something I couldn't predict and be proactive to avoid or prepare for), I find it's easier for me to correct for spins and impacts in the sims mentions (i.e. being reactive to save the car). I thought a driver must be both proactive and reactive to be a complete one...have I been learning this all wrong?

Again, all IMO, IME, YMMV, etc ;)

What means IME ? ... what means YMMV ? ... as I only know what IMO means. ;)
( OK for TBH, IIRC, IRL and some other ones but there are so many english shortened idioms now ..... that we should need a dictionary to know all of those if we're not english ).

Please make a sticky with all those .... letters. :sneaky: :whistling:

Joke for a part .... and not joke also when you have to search what they mean.... as the risk to see more and more of them is surely great. :D

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 71 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 380 39.7%