Resource icon

Misc More pit-stops for AI and player at any race distance including 5 laps 2.6

Login or Register an account to download this content
StrongestFish submitted a new resource:

[SIZE=6][B]More pit-stops for AI and player at any race distance including 5 laps[/B][/SIZE]
- New quick strategy experience

This mod add more pit-stops to AI and player(including 5 lap races) and more strategical fight.

Included options:
Tyre wear multiplied X1.5, X2, X2.5, X3 from normal(for 25-100% races) and X7, X8, X9, X10 for 5-lap races.

Only for modern cars.

Any option affects to all weekend sessions and race distances.
Installation: copy tyrecompounds.erp to F1 2018\asset_groups\f1_2018_vehicle_package\tyrecompounds. If you want return to normal just copy included original file back or change to another modded variant.

Strategy selection menu before race not shows any changes and unavailable before 5 lap-races, but in fact tyre wear is bigger. Calculate the strategy yourself. It gives more possibilities for improvization.

In career mode teams who improved tyre wear gets an advantage.

5-lap races
Ultra tyre wear for pit-stops in 5-laps races for ai and player.
Recommended X8 - different ai do pit-stops on different laps, but someone can save pit and win.

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
Hi.
Is there a chance to add same but for weather ? Now we can't select two different weather in races that are not longer than... I believe, 25%. You can select clear, cloudly, rain or changeable (and that's pure lottery, you can't know what will weather be alike) but you can't choose, for example, clear and rain in any races that last shorter than 1/4.

Last edited:
Hi.
Is there a chance to add same but for weather ? Now we can't select two different weather in races that are not longer than... I believe, 25%. You can select clear, cloudly, rain or changeable (and that's pure lottery, you can't know what will weather be alike) but you can put say clear and rain in any races that last shorter than 1/4.
Few times i had weather change from dry to light rain in 5-lap races when tryed experimenting. But Ai don't drive to pits, and no effect for 25% races.

Last edited:
Ok. Guess it's out of question. For now at least. :) Thanks for answer.
I hope Codemasters will allow us weather changes in races with ANY lenght. Sometimes while we're still young.
Guess it's not that hard, that's something old reliable Project Cars do for quite some time already. :)

I've been playing with these values before, it would be perfect if you can mod the Strategy selection menu to match the tyre degradation and perfomance but don't know which files and values to edit, could't find one, maybe in some databese files, so it is not possible. also AI only pits when tyres are too degraded not before so they lose strategy options and it is not ideal and fair race...

it is not ideal and fair race...
Full game is not ideal, isn't?
Mod unfair and harder for player then for AI. Only player can have guaranteed puncture after 75% wear, but AI can have puncture only for 1 driver.
If playing with keyboard, it's harder even more.

At the same time all autosport simulators have bigger tyre wear option, but F1 never had this for 9 years... It's shame for Codemasters.

Last edited:
If I add this mod, will AI still create a startegy for me before the race taking into consideration the new tyre wear? Or will it keep suggesting me the same old one pit strategies just like it used to before this mod?

If I add this mod, will AI still create a startegy for me before the race taking into consideration the new tyre wear? Or will it keep suggesting me the same old one pit strategies just like it used to before this mod?
As i wrote in description, pre-race strategies not changed, but it's good possibility for improvization. In F1 2010-14 game automatically change pre-race strategies when making mod of tyre wear, but in F1 2015-18 not, and it is not moddable.

As i wrote in description, pre-race strategies not changed, but it's good possibility for improvization. In F1 2010-14 game automatically change pre-race strategies when making mod of tyre wear, but in F1 2015-18 not, and it is not moddable.
Oh, did not saw that. Does AI understands how to handle the increased tyre wear?

What can I do in 5 lap race in career mode? Sainz, Grosjean are winning all races and Hamilton, Vettel, Bottas are below the 10th bc renault, haas, etc are not doing pit stops.
Am I doing something wrong?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 190 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years