More Mugello GT4s

By popular request and at great expense to the management, here are some further musings on GT4s at Mugello. From slowest to fastest (with enough fuel for 10 laps):

My favorite GT4, Mr. Waffles' wonderful Hyundai Genesis feels very comfortable at Mugello, but it lacks outright speed, being at the tail-end of the pack, along with the Guerilla Porsche Cayman (and the Rollovers' KTM X-Bow, which handled so badly that I never did get a fix on a reliable setup).

Attachments

• Hyundai_GT4_Mugello.txt
    472 bytes · Views: 103
Also the Toyota Supra GT4: feels great, but lacking in alacrity. (We're splitting hairs here: the difference between the fastest and the slowest cars in this group was about a second...over a two-minute lap.) Great sound!

Attachments

• Supra_GT4_Mugello.txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 92
The Rollovers' Camaro is a lumbering beast, but quick, like the Mustang from the earlier group.

Attachments

• Camaro_GT4_Mugello.txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 89
I had a problem with Shaun Clarke's new Ginetta GT4 (it sounded like a dirty carb jet or a loose plug wire), so I tried his older (2017) GT4, meant to compete with Kunos' GT4s, which had a different set of rules and were a fraction faster than today's GT4s. Looking forward to driving the new car when it gets out of the shop! Meanwhile, this is for the 2017 car.

Attachments

• Ginetta_GT4_Mugello.txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 84
The fastest of the lot was the Ferrari 488 GT4, whose developers admit that it was built to conform with Kunos' by-now-obsolete idea of a Balance of Power (BoP), not the new Guerilla/Rolllovers BoP standards. As usual, Maranello's driving experience beats everybody and everything else.

Attachments

• Ferrari_GT4_Mugello.txt
    501 bytes · Views: 117

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 136 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline