More maintenance.

@Jazz Forsberg I try lowering car and track detail and the game looks bad really bad but performace speed up but ooohhhhhh this game looks bad :).I trully belive is my 4 years old I5 4570 is a problem.But why in others games like AC and Dirt Rally I dont have any problems with smoothnes with vsync on with full detail and of course with 1080p ?? I found few topics when people the claim that 1060 have problem with power menagment but i try everything and I have problem only with R3R.

The trouble is that performance levels in other games/programs often makes no difference. Games, for example, usually use different engines with differing levels of performance. Sometimes there is just *something* about a particular piece of software that your hardware or configuration just doesn't like. We need to find out exactly what.

Unless your i5 is broken I'm not sure if it's the problem if it's working fine for everything else. It's well above the minimum specs for R3E... I got smooth performance on my old Core2Duo with a Radeon 4870HD. Maybe you could run some stress tests on your CPU and RAM to see if there's any issues?

Also, is there any way you could try a different graphics card as a test? I always have an old one lying around as an emergency spare. It doesn't have to be as powerful as a 1060, anything will do just to see if the stuttering is still there.

I really find hard to believe that your CPU cant move smoothly raceroom. There is not such a big difference between yours and the latest. Even less (usually) in gaming.
I was running a 2600K less than 1 year ago and had no problems at all. And thats a cpu from 2011.
Ross point is also very true, although it never happened to me in this game. But it did sometimes, a single texture could crash the entire game if your hardware/drivers don't like it.

Make sure your the cpu integrated graphics are not interfering or selected, check physx etc or even better, unistall the intel driver for testing. I still believe it can be a bad config or something wrong in your end.
But yeah, is really weird. If i come up with something I will let you know, but I'm out of ideas right now. Just test and check as much as you can.

PS. Just to make sure you know this, if using nvidia profiler to override AA settings, just remember that, unless it changed, you dont want to deactivate ingame AA, but keep it at the lowest setting. I think is 2xAA. Otherwise wont work.

OK, so I've tried that. I was doing a race on Hockenheim with 33 AI cars (WTCC 2016).

Honestly, I couldn't see a significant change in GPU or CPU usage.

BUT - I did indeed see a slight fps drop. Mostly at the start of the race and during the first 2 laps, the framerate was sometimes dipping to low 50's. It was hardly gamebreaking, but it happened. No explanation for that, really, as the CPU/GPU usage stayed the same. It seemed to me like the dip maybe got better by disabling high car reflections, but I can't say that for certain.

However, by watching the fps closely, I noticed there's also a dip with my overclocked CPU. It's slightly less (to around 56-57 instead of 52-53), but it's there.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back