More maintenance.

@Piotrek Blaszczak Whoa. What performance are you getting on that? I have a fairly similar setup, except I have 16GB of RAM (which shouldn't matter as 8GB should be plenty for R3E) and GTX 970 (and I'm also running Win 10, though I have a second Win 7 install on another partition as well and it performs pretty much identically) and I rarely get over 50 % GPU usage at 1080p with stable 60 fps (vsync off, fps limited at 60 via Afterburner) with everything in-game pretty much on max, even with 36 cars on track. In fact I'm able to even run 4xMSAA and 4xSGSSAA overrride via Nvidia Inspector if I lower my shadows to medium.

Yeah, with vsync off, there's always tearing or at least judder, depending on what framerate are you limiting the rendering to in relation to your refresh rate. I hate tearing, but I decided I hate input lag more. And I rather have one almost static tear than constant judder, so I limit fps at 60.

So what framerate are you getting?

Ah, so you get framerate drops after all. Have you tried if it happens with vsync off as well? Does it happen on every track or just on some? With disk activity, maybe? Any idea how's your GPU/CPU usage when it happens? You can use for example MSI Afterburner and its OSD to check these while in-game.

Seems to me that your frame drops come from the CPU bottlenecking the VGA. You could just try a small/fast cpu overclock to see if that improves anything, that could let you know if its the problem or not.
If not, try to lower the number of cars on track and the options which are more cpu demanding.

For tearing at higher refresh rates I use fast sync.

I have a non "K" CPU but i setup my CPU in bios to run with stable 3.6Ghz and still have problem with smoothness.But i try a AC , or DR and in this games I have stable and very smooth 60 fps with adeptive vsync on , ultra seting , and ful hd resolution.And I watch my MSI AB and when I play AC or DR my CPU usage is 50/60% and GPU usage is 75/90 %.Strange ?? Yes I know :D

Do you have your power settings in nvidia drivers and windows cpu set to max performance?
Default is adaptive to save power and you will get random framedrops in heavy areas for a split second while it powers up.
That being said I have noticed a few tracks have some framedrops in the last few builds....but with the recent developer builds in win 10 i havent checked to see if my settings have defaulted back to adaptive power settings or not?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back