While we're on the topic of Kunos, I'd like to point just one final thing out.

Top right: "Actual in-game footage" -- Posted Jul 27, 2018.

1.0 didn't look like that, and not even in your video with a later version does it look _that_ good. To me, that's false advertising. Let's just say the newer builds look the same or better than the trailer, my point stands, why go backwards with your graphics and AA when the trailer graphics looked great?

And back to ray tracing, if it wasn't feasible adding it in and found it to be too tasking on hardware or too much work to implement, they shouldn't have used that technology as a marketing tactic. Kunos said ray tracing, made a HUGE deal about it, even published this drawn out tech demonstration showing RTX on vs. off. Kunos should have had an idea as to what kind of a toll ray tracing would tale on user hardware and development hours before boasting about it. I understand Kunos may implement this in later, but that's still a MAYBE, a technology earlier on that was essentially PROMISED.

Here's that video over 8 and a half minutes long that I'm talking about:

Kunos did a lot of things throughout the launch and early access of ACC that I don't agree with, things I actually believe are morally wrong and unjustified. Kunos can't keep their word and I don't support a team filled with - mod edit: removed (please back such harsh claims up with more facts)

. I don't promise people I will do things without knowing if I really can, others should follow suit and be honest. But hey, that's just me being a humanitarian again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kunos can't keep their word and I don't support a team filled with pathological liars. I don't promise people I will do things without knowing if I really can, others should follow suit and be honest.

If I recall correctly, Kunos announced early in the whole process that ray tracing would only be looked at after release once everything else had been delivered and if it wouldn't compromise the sim.

Apart from missing a release date for an early access build, which they explained fully at the time (re-writing the rating system), what else did they promise and not deliver? Also, a pathological liar is someone who lies compulsively and without any clear benefit to themselves and may be suffering from an underlying mental health condition. Is that what you really meant? If so, that's particularly offensive towards the devs at Kunos.

Apart from missing a release date for an early access build, which they explained fully at the time (re-writing the rating system), what else did they promise and not deliver?

The term "promise" is IMO an very over-used term. Very rarely if ever does a developer say "we promise to do X by date Y". What they do say is we plan to do X by date Y. When they fail to do this too many people seem to interpret this as either lying or breaking a promise, which is wrong IMO.

However if we look at what they failed to deliver, there are three things that come to mind.

1. They did not deliver v1.0 at the end of Q1 2019.
2. They did not deliver a matchmaking system, at least not a matchmaking system as most gamers would define it. Nor did they clarify that it wouldn't be a matchmaking system as most people would define it until far too late. This definitely led to much disappointment.
3. The 2019 season update was not released in Summer 2019.

As I say, I do not believe these are broken promises. However I do feel Kunos complete lack of communication concerning the delay to v1.0 and their failure to correct people's reasonable assumptions and define what they actually meant by "matchmaking system" are fair criticisms.

This has now turned into an argument over semantics, and the mods are exercising their power of censorship. The last time I criticized a moderator, it lead to a permanent ban.

Last edited:
_99712712_gettyimages-639620990.jpg

This is the longest and weirdest wind-up of the decade, heck, even the century probably...
Just sitting back and seeing what happens. After all, most of us know it's not really going to be for us anyway right? :sneaky: :roflmao:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back