• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Featured More GRID Gameplay Footage: DPi Prototypes

Discussion in 'GRID 4' started by Paul Jeffrey, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +23,505
    Codemasters have revealed some more footage from the rapidly developing new GRID game - set to release next month on PC and console.

This time taking in the new DPi specification prototype of American IMSA fame, these cars will form part of the default content within GRID when it becomes available later this year - with no restrictions on the location types in which these powerful downforce machines can be used.

The game has been designed with a view to allowing players access to a large variety of different road and race machines, with the IMSA Cadillac and Acura prototypes set to be some of the fastest vehicles within the game once it releases next month.

In the video at the top of this article, we see the Cadillac DPi in action on the new Havana street circuit. Racing against the AI in a single make series event while Game Director Chris Smith and Community Manager Chris Groves explain some of the key features within the game, this is another interesting video from Codemasters and does a great job of taking fans a little deeper into the GRID world prior to the game hitting our virtual shelves in just under five weeks time.

GRID will release on Xbox One, PS4 and PC September 13th 2019.

Stay tuned to the upcoming GRID 4 sun forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussions about this exciting new game.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Instagram
    Youtube
    Twitch

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Chris Haye

Chris Haye
    Premium

Ratings:
    +113
    Well, I've wanted a DPi in sim racing for a while... wasn't expecting GRID to be the first to get the licence!

• Agree x 6
    • Haha x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Beer x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  3. Oscurr

Oscurr

Ratings:
    +72
    Oh boy can't wait for these models to be ripped and poorly ported!

• Haha Haha x 33
    • Beer Beer x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Raymond 18

Raymond 18

Ratings:
    +14
    Will the slipstream be implemented?

By the way, in the video the AI seems somewhat primitive. Less aggressive than Grid Autosport but far to be subtle nevertheless.

5. walken

walken

Ratings:
    +59
    Wow JP Montoya on the Acura #6 !!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hoksu

Hoksu

Ratings:
    +614
    I cannot even.... Controller chase cam gameplay, constantly ramming opponents and bouncing off walls, 2 lap race with endurance cars on a fantasy city circuit, UI stuff spammed in the middle of the screen, giving points for drifting, nemesis system...

Part of me was almost interested in the game earlier. Guess I had no idea what kind of game this really is.

• Agree x 29
    • Like x 5
    • Haha x 4
    • Disagree x 4
    • Beer x 1
  7. Spilskinanka

Spilskinanka
    Premium

Ratings:
    +103
    They are more arcade games for sure but they are very fun. The first one is still the best but this one looks like it's recapturing the spirit of it which is nice.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  8. Stephen O'Sullivan

Stephen O'Sullivan
    Premium

Ratings:
    +316
    It's certainly a pretty game, though very similar to its older iterations. I would like to see the cockpit view. I must know if I can wear a colander on my head and pretend that I'm really driving a four-wheeled beast. #immersion

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Haha Haha x 1
  9. Luke Cage

Luke Cage

Ratings:
    +48
    No cockpit footage yet... and what's with the rubber-banding on the upshift? That looks plain effin' weird.

Not that any of this applies to me lol, I'm not getting the game as it is.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. T04STY

T04STY

Ratings:
    +102
    Why can't we get these cars in a sim :(

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. golbee227

golbee227

Ratings:
    +0
    Nice nonexistent damage model, makes this new game look like a primitive, mobile version of original GRID.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  12. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,772
    There’s a very decent mod for rf2 that currently has the Mazda, Caddy, and the Acura is due soon.

It’s still a work in progress but it’s a decent piece of work and getting there. Pm me if you want a link matey.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Alex72

Alex72

Ratings:
    +501
    Watching that video and seeing these types of cars constantly smashing into each other without any issues im gonna go ahead and guess the realism will be kept to a minimum, lol. :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Cazdad2

Cazdad2

Ratings:
    +8
    Codemaster changed launch date to October 11, with the Ultimate edition owners getting access starting October 8. I'll be getting.

• Like Like x 1
  15. mopro

mopro

Ratings:
    +86
    Not for me. I'll get bored after 30 minutes. Nevertheless, I'm sure it is fun racing game for its targeted market.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Xx_TaT_xX

Xx_TaT_xX

Ratings:
    +13
    Taking it "off " of my Wishlist.
    Looks like a kids arcade game.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Nick Hill

Nick Hill
    Premium

Ratings:
    +457
    And you were expecting something else?!? :D

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  18. Luke Cage

Luke Cage

Ratings:
    +48
    What exactly were you expecting... AC?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  19. CDwyer

CDwyer

Ratings:
    +25
    Do you get kidnapped when you drive that circuit? Could add a new dimension to sim racing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  20. takfar

takfar

Ratings:
    +10
    Hey, it is what it is. Looks like fun to chill out and blast around in cool-looking environments.

I especially like the addition of Havana (as I've been in those exact streets and can remember many of the landmarks portrayed) and the return of Barcelona (I've lived there for a few months, and always visit whenever I can - a pity it's not the Montjuïc historic circuit, tho.).

Sure as hell it's not a sim, but I'll probably give it a try at discounted price. Splitscreen gameplay would be cool for this kind of game, too.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.