More Dumb Questions...........

Forgive me, but I find the UI in FH5 is the most confounding I've come across in a very long time. So, as a Forza newbie I have more questions:

1 Why is it that, every time I fire up FH5, I need to re-map almost everything to my controllers? (I'm using a TM PC-Racer with Fanatec pedals.) Although I select "save" to one of 5 available "slots", I see no way of re-loading those saved settings to start the next session and no way of making my selected re-mapped settings the default. I find this more than annoying.

2. After driving for an extended period and accumulating points, accolades, etc, the next time I fire up FH5, I start at the exact same place I was at the beginning of the previous session, even though I selected "Continue"?

3. IOW - how do I save my progress? When I end a session (by selecting "Quit to Desktop") all I get is a prompt saying, in effect, "Do you really want to Quit? You'll lose all of your unsaved data." So exactly how do I save that data before quitting?

4. Last question (for now at least): I see that I currently have 55,000 credits. Exactly how do I make use of them?

Like I said - a very confusing user interface (at least for me) - maybe because I have NO X-Box experience?

Thanks!

Forgive me, but I find the UI in FH5 is the most confounding I've come across in a very long time. So, as a Forza newbie I have more questions:

1 Why is it that, every time I fire up FH5, I need to re-map almost everything to my controllers? (I'm using a TM PC-Racer with Fanatec pedals.) Although I select "save" to one of 5 available "slots", I see no way of re-loading those saved settings to start the next session and no way of making my selected re-mapped settings the default. I find this more than annoying.

2. After driving for an extended period and accumulating points, accolades, etc, the next time I fire up FH5, I start at the exact same place I was at the beginning of the previous session, even though I selected "Continue"?

3. IOW - how do I save my progress? When I end a session (by selecting "Quit to Desktop") all I get is a prompt saying, in effect, "Do you really want to Quit? You'll lose all of your unsaved data." So exactly how do I save that data before quitting?

4. Last question (for now at least): I see that I currently have 55,000 credits. Exactly how do I make use of them?

Like I said - a very confusing user interface (at least for me) - maybe because I have NO X-Box experience?

Thanks!
1. The game will most likely detect your wheel if supported. Once you have your wheel selected you can map buttons to your liking. The first time you select a button to be mapped it will prompt a window asking to save to a custom profile, select a profile and save....the next time you return to the game it will probably select your default wheel....use the curser to select the custom profile you selected and your saved wheel info should be there.

2. The game does not save to your last position on track...it saves to your last saved position which is an in-game bought house or one of the horizon festivals.

3. Response #2 your points and achievements all save when you quite....pretty sure

4. Buy cars or car parts

Here's a beginners guide video

Thx for your response, Kurupt CDN. I have NOT watched the linked video yet, but I certainly will later tonight.

So, please forgive my annoying habit to follow-up on some of your answers BEFORE I watch this video. ;)

1. Your explanation certainly works - and I will follow that advice from now on. Nevertheless, most game/sims set your preferred controllers and mapping as a new default - ready for use immediately without having to delve into the settings menu each time you start up a new session of game play. That FH5 doesn't work this way is poor, IMO. <shrug>

2. I still need a simple explanation of what it means to "buy a house" and/or arrive at a "Horizon Festival". How can I find these things and what do I do when I do find one? (Like I said, I can be really "slow on the uptake" at times.) Basicaly, I know how to drive and that's it. Maybe the video will address this? - If not, I'll still need some more help.

3. OK - Gotcha - Thx.

4. I probably don't have any interest in or see the point of buying car parts (for the same reason I no next to nothing about developing set-ups). But how do I buy a car and which one(s) would you recommend?

4a. New Topic: How do I get into an actual race?

5. New Topic#2: Started watching the video and everything seems to be oriented towards using a controller rather than a wheel and peds :(. (References are always made to the "A" button or "X" button etc.) My wheel doesn't label it's buttons that way so how do you guys that use a wheel deal with this? For example, does "A" button equate to "A" key on the keyboard, etc?

Thanks again!

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.3%