PC1 More crashers/inexperienced drivers in Pcars

I use to think Assetto Corsa had it's fair share of crashers and/or very inexperienced drivers until i started racing Pcars in open servers which in my experiences is far worse! It seems many drivers only want to push you out of the way instead of attempting a clean pass or will slam into your rear as though they forgot their car has brakes, so i find myself doing more of my online races in AC or single player against the AI.

Perhaps many of these drivers came from console games and have the Need 4 Speed mentality and/or don't have the racing skill/knowledge or even care!

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 113561

I strongly recommend joining a league (or a fun driving group)! It enhances the experience a lot.
Was the same in Codemasters F1 and many other games aswell. Greez

I did all the league stuff as far back as Nascar Heat, then NR2003, Race07 and rFactor but no longer have the time and commitment/desire for league racing. I do enjoy my occasional fun racing with a few friends on my private server when we can find enough time to get together but i was still hoping that racing on open servers would have improved over the years.

It doesn't appear open server racing will ever change since there are a large number of drivers who either don't have the skill and/or patience to wait for the right opportunity to make a safe pass or you get wrecked when passing them because they either couldn't hold their line or they make the decision to crash you as they can't stand to lose!

Last edited:
It doesn't appear open server racing will ever change since there are a large number of drivers who either don't have the skill and/or patience to wait for the right opportunity to make a safe pass or you get wrecked when passing them because they either couldn't hold their line or they make the decision to crash you as they can't stand to lose!

Then become a premium member here and enjoy clean, organised and fair casual club races with us. :)

I'm glad I found this thread... I've not long got off an online race at Dubai Autodrome and some stupid retard (best way of describing him) parks his car just past the apex on the last corner and I had to take evasive action, which meant I had no choice to hit somebody coming round the outside... About 5-10 seconds later, he just slammed me off the track in the first corner. I'll be the first to admit I was a bit aggressive myself, but I don't think it could be helped...

This is why I don't do online racing very often!

:mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:

This. People like us who try to take it seriously and race with courtesy are unfortunately the minority. Many people buy games just to fool around or have a laugh. This isn't just a sim racing issue, or a pCARS issue, it's present in most (if not all) forms of online gaming to some extent. Some people just screw around, some tend to treat human players the same as they would treat the AI, and some try their best but just aren't very good or haven't put the time in to become good enough. People who park sideways on the track are obviously hooligans, but sometimes the guy that rams you from behind or pushed you wide is trying his best but his best isn't all that good, he's not always a ramming hooligan.

Also, remember that some drivers have years of experience with Gran Turismo where the career mode basically teaches you all the bad habits you encounter online. You have to employ those methods to progress through that game, which has created a lot of sub-par drivers. Hopefully pCARS reputation system will go some way towards addressing this issue, but it will always be present to some extent.

Agree with OP.

I was in a race earlier where i had someone who would overtake and then just squeeze me onto the grass leaving no room at all...IN A STRAIGHT LINE!!

I found a guy from Germany who was one of the cleanest online randomers i've ever met, we did about 6 or 7 2 lap races, was great fun.

Just a shame we can't always find that.

It is a bit annoying with the leagues too, they're fantastic and offer a real good experience, but sometimes i just wanna hop on and have a quick hour blast doing 5 different races.

I know this is crazy, but yesterday I hopped into a LMP1/Old LMP1(like BMW V12 LMR, CLK LM, and else) and I've managed to get my CLEANEST RACE thus far. No ramming at all, only a drive through penalty, because pCars Race Start shenanigans. Got a second place in the new LMP1 class, doing the fastest lap :)

I know this is crazy, but yesterday I hopped into a LMP1/Old LMP1(like BMW V12 LMR, CLK LM, and else) and I've managed to get my CLEANEST RACE thus far. No ramming at all, only a drive through penalty, because pCars Race Start shenanigans. Got a second place in the new LMP1 class, doing the fastest lap :)

Nice one for getting the fastest lap in an LMP1, seriously!

I've recently been using the Audi R18 TDI on Spa, trying to match the real life lap time of around 2:01 and I'm only getting 2:13's. LMP1's are super hard for me to drive fast in!

Nice one for getting the fastest lap in an LMP1, seriously!

I've recently been using the Audi R18 TDI on Spa, trying to match the real life lap time of around 2:01 and I'm only getting 2:13's. LMP1's are super hard for me to drive fast in!
Yeah forgot to mention the track: Road America.
Best time 1.52.814, -.535 from the second fastest (but ended up winning the race).

I've noticed that if you get qualifying done, and get a decent time with the front runners - the idiots usually can't get a lap time as quick and are at the back, out of your way.

I was in a 14 man server yesterday (I know right, and it didn't crash!!) and a friends game kicked him out right before Quali ended, so he ended up at the back, struggling with idiots. I qualified 3rd so had a good battle with 1st - 4th... wasn't as bad

Ive had my fair share of wrecked races. I think there is a fair amount of glitching too which causes crashes. Ive seen cars warping all over the track, flying across into the barrier then carrying on racing, zipping back and forth taking out cars with it. Ive also seemingly ran into invisible cars too, or rather i'll be driving along, then my car will react like I have hit something, but there is nothing to see.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 109 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 286 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 414 39.9%