More cars on track

This only works with downloaded tracks. Click into the file and a file called a "GDB" file should be in there. Click on it and Open it with a notepad. Scroll down to the bottom of the file and there is a sentence called "Max Vehicles" change it to the number you want (Depends on track on how much you can change it too, you will just need to experiment) then save it and go in-game and there is your track with more than 25 cars!

• Andrew Evans

^^^^ it's actually more complicated than that....

the aiw file is where the real stuff is going on - that's where the garages and grid slots are asssigned and those are your actual physical limits for the track... max vehicles in the gdb is just to limit the menu option in game - it has no other effect... eg. your aiw is defined for 30 cars - if you change max vehicles to 50 and stick them all on track, you're going to have serious issues...

editing the aiw requires rFactor & associated dev tools.... or, possibly, doing it by hand via 3dsimed... either way, it's not a simple and straight forward hack if your track doesn't handle it...

Wow Andrew, I never knew it was so complicated, Changing the GDB File had always seemed to work for me, I never use reidiculous amounts of cars anyway (Nothing over 40)

I must give that AIW edit a shot!

EDIT: Most Add-on Tracks AIW file is already open and ready to change. Sometimes I change the Race Pace and Qually Pace settings and they work a treat!

EDIT2: But anyone reading this, dont edit your AIW file without knwoing what you are doing, It could seriosuly mess up your game.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 301 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 151 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 269 13.7%