More Bizarre Happenings With Haas Sponsor Rich Energy

Dear Lord, please tell me Gene Haas got paid in advance. I've heard too many stories on the Dinner with Racers podcasts of benevolent sponsors bouncing checks halfway into season 1...

Can't Rich Energy do some kind of deal with Red Bull Energy Drinks? Buy a load of Red Bull, pour it into Rich Energy cans, and pretend it's Rich Energy drink?

It worked with their car design. Buy last year's Ferrari, paint it a different colour, and pretend it's a Haas :laugh:

Someone tried to order their product from Amazon, so we don't have to...
https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/comments/aqjetw/rich_energy_actually_delivered_products/

Apparently, he got what he wanted... I don't know what that satisfies... I guess curiosities? Not 90 million cans though, but hey! They delivered!

RlSg2c6.jpg

DFCx3DA.jpg

70B99o5.jpg
tHZQGbl.jpg

X93LJW1.jpg

XG0xSJo.jpg

Is this the latest in a somewhat forgotten F1 tradition: the "weird/shady" sponsor? Remember Jean-Pierre Van Rossem and Moneytron? :confused:

Or Prince Malik and Arrows? :D

Prince_malik.jpg

And how can we forget the Andrea Moda team? :roflmao::roflmao:

7370.2.jpg

Is this the latest in a somewhat forgotten F1 tradition: the "weird/shady" sponsor? Remember Jean-Pierre Van Rossem and Moneytron? :confused:

Or Prince Malik and Arrows?

And how can we forget the Andrea Moda team? :roflmao::roflmao:

Would love to read/watch something that talks about all the wierd and wonderful 'schemes' that motorsport has been involved in.

TBF I think Moda was more the team owner not being of 'honest racing morals'

Who is the copyright owner? Satan?

Whyte bikes.
Whyte-logo-shenanigans-680x445.jpg

This company sounded fishy from the start. I am not surprised. Hopefully Haas don't end up getting dragged down by them.
I am actually surprised how big of a business energy drinks still are. I don't know anyone that drinks them, they all taste horrible and none of them are good for you. When I have used them in the distant past for sport they've made me perform way worse. Thirty minutes of an energy burst and then crash hard.

I am actually surprised how big of a business energy drinks still are. I don't know anyone that drinks them, they all taste horrible and none of them are good for you.

Well considering cigarettes and several types of alcohol fit those criteria as well, it's not surprising at all :unsure:

Really hoping this isn't the start of another Force India type of situation...there's only so many Lawrence Stroll's in the world :whistling:

I am actually surprised how big of a business energy drinks still are. I don't know anyone that drinks them, they all taste horrible and none of them are good for you.
Take a look at the average child/teenager on the street. They'll likely be walking along supping a big can of so-called "energy drink" despite the fact they live a sedentary lifestyle of playing computer games and watching TV. I barely ever see one drinking Coke or other regular soft drinks these days. Children, teens and young adults are by far the biggest market for this crap. Personally, I don't think they should even be allowed to be called "energy" drinks, because they are implying they are somehow beneficial when they blatantly are not. That, boys and girls, is why you never see professional athletes (or anyone who knows anything about health and fitness) drinking one.

As for the logo, I honestly can't believe how close it is to the Whyte bikes logo. I mean, in this day and age did they really think they wouldn't be challenged on it? And if they have the money to throw away on an F1 team, how on Earth didn't they have the cash to hire a professional to come up with a unique trademark? Ludicrous.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 194 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.4%