More bass in car sounds

Shovas

Premium
I've just picked up a Logitech Z906 and the bass is great in iTunes so I know it can do it but I get almost not deep sounds out of R3E. I'd love to hear the throaty exhaust and rumble of the engine. Is there any way to achieve that?

I too find the sound in R3E to lack a certain something, something hard to explain, something growly something in the bottom end I think. Don't get me wrong, the sounds are amazing but there's still something lacking.
That said, here's a few things to think of;
In the game, set it to Stereo rather than surround or any other setting, and if there's such a setting make sure to set it to headphones rather than speakers (can't recall if there is atm).
Outside the game, turn off any fake surround processing, dolby headphones or other kind of settings that tamper with the sound to try make you believe that you're getting positional sound from 2 speakers, while it is in fact possible to get really good positional sound using only 2 speakers this is usually achieved better at the source rather than trying to fake it after the fact by destroying the sound using effects. These also tends to kill bass completely for me, for some reason, probably because the human ear has a hard time telling where low frequencies are coming from.

Oh I actually did manage to achieve good bass in R3E by drastically lowering all satelite speaker levels and keeping the bass unit at 100%. This means you can turn up the volume more without being too loud on the satelites.

Over on the iRacing forums I asked about how to get more bass out of iRacing but they just recommended to go with bass shakers. I think that's probably the real answer.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 214 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 211 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 272 13.4%