Cars More Adjustable Suspension Options

1.jpg
Since last few weeks i tried to recreate Nissan GTR R34 Z-tune, everything went wrong, Car tyres, power aero, suspension, weight distribution, brakes, AI, just everything...

till now thanks to You guys i've fixed my tyre temperature problem, AI and brakes, however since about 2 weeks I can't refine the suspension- I can create only hard as rock setup or even more dumb one ...
I'm tired of turning off AC and turning on it again to test my setups...

that's why i created this topic

Is there Any way to turn on more options in Pit Stop like Dampers and Suspension ?
for example:

SO you want to have setup options like that Ginetta, or is that your R34 and you're using the Ginetta model as placeholder?

In general, with a few exceptions, you can add anything from the ini files to the the setup.ini. Are you tinkering on the r34 physics via edit to the suspension.ini or do you tweak only in the setup screen? The setup.ini will overrule settings you do to the other ini's (like Springrate and Damperrate) if the values you added in the suspension.ini are outside the range of the setup.ini

So best option is to clear out the setup.ini, tweak the car via the ini files, and fill in the setup.ini as the last step after everything else is done.

SO you want to have setup options like that Ginetta, or is that your R34 and you're using the Ginetta model as placeholder?

In general, with a few exceptions, you can add anything from the ini files to the the setup.ini. Are you tinkering on the r34 physics via edit to the suspension.ini or do you tweak only in the setup screen? The setup.ini will overrule settings you do to the other ini's (like Springrate and Damperrate) if the values you added in the suspension.ini are outside the range of the setup.ini

So best option is to clear out the setup.ini, tweak the car via the ini files, and fill in the setup.ini as the last step after everything else is done.

well I've used screenshot of Ginetta to show what i mean, I thought that if I can use options from Setup.ini I could get rewarding result of Suspension

Wait Setup.ini has more importance for a game than Suspension.ini ?
i tried so many times to setup Suspension of R34 however all the time car is strange to drive, tried to use values of similar AWD cars like Audi R8 - no luck,

my problem lies in the lack of knowledge i have no idea how to setup those values...
BUMP_STOP_RATE=100000 ; bump stop spring rate
BUMPSTOP_UP=0.075 ; meters to upper bumpstop from the 0 design of the suspension
BUMPSTOP_DN=0.060 ; meters to bottom bumpstop from the 0 design of the suspension
PACKER_RANGE=0.110 ; Total suspension movement range, before hitting packers
DAMP_BUMP=2517.9 ; Damper wheel rate stiffness in N sec/m in slow speed compression
DAMP_FAST_BUMP=1510.7 ; Damper wheel rate stiffness in N sec/m in fast speed compression
DAMP_FAST_BUMPTHRESHOLD=0.080 ; Damper bump slow/fast threshold in seconds
DAMP_REBOUND=4087.5 ; Damper wheel rate stiffness in N sec/m in slow speed rebound
DAMP_FAST_REBOUND=2656.9 ; Damper wheel rate stiffness in N sec/m in fast speed rebound
DAMP_FAST_REBOUNDTHRESHOLD=0.110

If you have a setup.ini, it will override suspensions.ini if they're not compatible (eg. if setup.ini says springs 200,000-300,000, and suspensions.ini says 50,000, then it will use 200,000)

Basically if you have a range of adjustment in setup.ini, the realtime value will always fall within it, whatever you put in the other files. You're constrained by setup.ini.

First thing I do when i start a new car is clear it of everything but camber, toe, fuel and tires. Saves so many headaches...

Basically if you have a range of adjustment in setup.ini, the realtime value will always fall within it, whatever you put in the other files. You're constrained by setup.ini.

First thing I do when i start a new car is clear it of everything but camber, toe, fuel and tires. Saves so many headaches...

This, or just have a premade setup file you paste in that has a really wide range, that way you're not being constrained by anything but can still make very quick changes early on.

You know what - i give Up

seriously after 3 weeks of trying i have no clue how to set suspension all my tries provide just failures

If someone can revise Nissan R34 suspension for me would be great if not its still ok
Thank You guys for Your help

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back