More 3D simEd than BTB

Not at all a BTB problem, except I wish to use it with BTB. Close your eyes Mr Moderator please.
Downloaded 3D simED, to put a few corrections onto my track, and it will not run. I know there are lots of BTB bods who use 3D sim and I wondered if anyone had an idea as to (the eternal question) -Why?

Put the same question onto'The Pits' forum = 0.

Had ideas from Dave Noonan = came to 0.

Probably another program interferring?

Took out all usb devises - Switched off firewall and antivirus, and ran machine in safe mode =came to 0.

Do not get any error messages just - "3D simEd has stopped working. Microsoft will try and find the answer". Microsoft doesn't.

I can run 3D simEd version up to 1.8 fine but as soon as I try any version 2, it refuses to open.

If it comes to it I can run the prog on my wifes laptop but thats a bit of a pain and I would really like to find out, why.

Thankyou Ryan. I checked my auto updates and net framework was updated a week ago so I suppose its up to date. Looked in programs and have net framework 3.5 SP1 and net framework 4 client profile.

Ive noticed how since installing & registering BTB that my system seems to have updated .NET frame work to a similar level & Ive been wondering if any or all of the updates are necessary?
As for your 3D SimEd issues ebrich, are you still on the sample (20day trial) version?
[Just curious is all....]
Only thing I can think of, for now, is that the 'trial period limit' is restricting it....
BUT, Ive known of Mr Noonan to be MOST helpful ONCE he DOES catch onto problems & mishaps & advice in general....
It's a tall ask but keep onto 'dropping him a line' & he will eventually get back to you & not quit until it's cured....
The bloke from 3D Route Builder can be the same, & although it takes time for them to catch-up, it's nice to know that there ARE those out there that CAN provide 'olde worlde' service with modern technologies/services....
Good luck with your answer/service hunt there

Yes and no Lee. As I have the 1.8 version, which is a patched 1.4 version, that works and there is no time limit on it ( I took it that as an old version its free?!) I have been tinkering with that. The 2.? trial version is on the laptop. The first thing I did when v2.? wouldn't open was to delete the v1.4 patched and redownload the v2.?
Dave Noonan has been more than useful and if I could think of another question to put to him I know he will respond. So I'm pretending not to think about it tooooo much - waiting for that magical moment.

Just as a point of interest, and as there is nothing new on the forum (everybody very busy building tracks I hope), thought that I would tell the world that the 'magical moment' has arrived and I've managed to get 3simED working.
No fault of 3SimED but of my vista's DEP ( Data Execution Prevention) system not asking me if I really Really wanted to run a prog that microsoft hadn't verified. Probably my fault for running a registry clean some time earlier which deleted something it shouldn't have done! But all that is a bit beyond me.
Anyway Dave Noonan said
" I am surprised about this because I have DEP on my Windows 7 system. I think in your case a Windows .DLL used by 3DSimED has caused a DEP problem but I cannot be sure.
It’s good to hear that your running!. "

Thats my threepence worth for a while as I'm goin try and get my head around 3SimED.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 205 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 148 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 110 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 209 14.3%