Plugins MOP - Modern Optimization Plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there, thanks for the mod, after this one I finally bought the game on steam. I am running this on linux with steam proton, performance is great (while driving 60-65 fps, walking around house 110~ fps). But I wonder can Occlusion Culling be enabled again as an experimental option, because I was benefiting from that.

My Specs:
AMD FX-6300 @4.5Ghz
12 GB ddr3 1600 ram
AMD RX 580 8 GB
Steamplay proton 5.2
DXVK 1.5.4

Hey there, thanks for the mod, after this one I finally bought the game on steam. I am running this on linux with steam proton, performance is great (while driving 60-65 fps, walking around house 110~ fps). But I wonder can Occlusion Culling be enabled again as an experimental option, because I was benefiting from that.

My Specs:
AMD FX-6300 @4.5Ghz
12 GB ddr3 1600 ram
AMD RX 580 8 GB
Steamplay proton 5.2
DXVK 1.5.4

I'll consider releasing Occlusion Culling as a separate mod.
Also glad to see MOP working fine on Linux :D

Is there a way for me to compile the newest version with Occlusion Culling? I really want it back, it never goes about 70 without it, and during really CPU intensive areas it was really saving responsiveness of the game.

I am thinking of having two separate optimization mods, would be less optimal than having all the settings in a suite, since "MOP" is all about optimization, not just hiding/despawning physical game objects when far. But I am looking forward to the separate mod from you. Maybe it is because I am using linux/wine/dxvk but it was really the stronger part of MOP for game performance on my system.

Thanks for the mods and work. Have a nice day.

I am thinking of having two separate optimization mods, would be less optimal than having all the settings in a suite, since "MOP" is all about optimization, not just hiding/despawning physical game objects when far. But I am looking forward to the separate mod from you. Maybe it is because I am using linux/wine/dxvk but it was really the stronger part of MOP for game performance on my system.

Thanks for the mods and work. Have a nice day.

I removed MOP because people were confusing it's functionality by how it works too often, and complaining that things were disappearing, and many people claimed that the game ran worse with it (at least on Windows based systems). Also it was kinda unreliable and problematic - stuff would disappear and reappaer randomly, etc. And the fact that on many systems it didn't gave much boost, or even decreased the framerate, I decided that it's too much of a hastle.

Occlusion Culling was always an experimental feature, and it's goal was to make the game work at stable 30 FPS on 2014 Mac Mini (yes, a weird goal, but a goal nontheless).

But, if you're interested in using it, I just released Occlusion Culling as a module for MOP named MOP: Occlusion Core. You can grab it here: https://github.com/Athlon007/MopOcclusionCore/releases :)

I tried it out, it surely does give me some boost in fps, but the responsiveness is amazing, although I have some visual glitches as well, so I understand everyone else's concerns. I haven't messed around with any of the settings, everything is default. For demonstrating the visual glitches I have with it, let me show you a couple pictures.
20200225025424_1.jpg

I don't know where this box belongs to, but these boxes usually appear when an item that is supposed to be there isn't installed at that moment.
20200225025702_1.jpg

For example like this, when I remove the intercooler from the engine instead of rendering whatever under it correctly, it shows a huge white box, that was the case with supercharger mod back in the day as well, this only happens with mod parts in my experience, so maybe donnercharger mod support should be considered.

There are some other little issues like slight flickering on shadows cast on some certain items and etc. (and can provide screenshots of them if need be), but I'll take the fps boost and responsiveness anyday. I am really glad that you reintroduced this feature to MOP. Thanks

I tried it out, it surely does give me some boost in fps, but the responsiveness is amazing, although I have some visual glitches as well, so I understand everyone else's concerns. I haven't messed around with any of the settings, everything is default. For demonstrating the visual glitches I have with it, let me show you a couple pictures.
View attachment 351900
I don't know where this box belongs to, but these boxes usually appear when an item that is supposed to be there isn't installed at that moment.
View attachment 351901
For example like this, when I remove the intercooler from the engine instead of rendering whatever under it correctly, it shows a huge white box, that was the case with supercharger mod back in the day as well, this only happens with mod parts in my experience, so maybe donnercharger mod support should be considered.

There are some other little issues like slight flickering on shadows cast on some certain items and etc. (and can provide screenshots of them if need be), but I'll take the fps boost and responsiveness anyday. I am really glad that you reintroduced this feature to MOP. Thanks

It seems like it's related to occlusion itself, rather than MOP. I'll look into it.

Last edited:
Athlon007 updated MOP - Modern Optimization Plugin with a new update entry:

Added
- Added framerate limiter
- Vehicle physics will not be turned off, if the car is not grounded
- Added support for Fishing Mod

Changes
- Increased Perajarvi toggling distance to 300 units
- Minor changes in the settings

Bug Fixes
- (Mod) Ruscko Restoration Project: Fixed Ruscko key being visible on Fleetari's desk when it shouldn't be there

Removed
- Removed "Temporarily Disable Physics Toggling" button

Read the rest of this update entry...

I have problem with newest version of mod, because i can't order anyting on fleetari (i can't click on the catalog)

Attachments

• MOP_LOG.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 159
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 413 16.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 280 11.2%
  • < 3 years