monza server

Because it didnt come from Reiza or Alex.
And if i read it correctly it was illegal to convert tracks to GSC?
If i look at the Track name also in the server its called "Italian Grand Prix" its the same like its called in rFactor.
I doubt those guys asked permission from ISI to use the track and convert it. ;)

I thought it was illegal to convert tracks FROM GSC...

I have tested it privately.
I think it is a rf conversion because :
- the track is flat, no bumps,
- the mapping is not ugly but not good at all...

But it is normal that players want to drive on famous circuits...

If it was legal, I think that some persons would run on it. Personnaly, I don't like this moddeling, especially mapping...

Conversions to GSC aren't illegal if permissions are sought and obtained. But just bog standard converting the majority of rFactor tracks is pointless imo as they'll just be rFactor clones with none of the benefits of decent track making standards. (My personal opinion)

Conversions to GSC aren't illegal if permissions are sought and obtained. But just bog standard converting the majority of rFactor tracks is pointless imo as they'll just be rFactor clones with none of the benefits of decent track making standards. (My personal opinion)

For sure GSC tracks are great and better than 95% rfactor tracks, but there a few tracks I would love to drive in GSC: VLM Sebring, ORSM Bathurst, Carrera4 Spa 1988, VLN Nordschleife...

It is something special driving in those historical tracks.

Best simracing experience I have ever had:

Us simracers are spoilt aren't we? Hundreds of circuits for rFactor.... But how many of them are really good? Not too many. The number is even lower if you look at how many rely on unrealistic sine wave bumps. Driving GSC cars on non GSC tracks takes the 'life' out of the handling.

The desire for 'more' always happens and we can't stop it, so I'm personally going to worry too much about it. Perhaps for some the desire for more tracks is greater than the frustration of driving on the sine wave bumps.

Niels, I think that the thing drivers want is not "more and more tracks".
Drivers want more tracks FROM REiZA.
Tracks like Monza are useless,unless it is made by Alex.
With the F1, most of us dream about F1 tracks. Even if we have to pay for them. Only one new track every two months would be a great news.
Be sure that the gsc community has a normal reflex when it wants some F1 tracks of good quality...
If rf has only 5 wonderful tracks, I would not be shocked to see them adapted for gsc. This monza doesn't deserve it for sure...

Eastern Creek, Norisring, Oran Park, FujiVLM (?)... those are the tracks that are not based on sine waves in rF if I remember correctly. And how many tracks are there in rF? With all the different updates. I bet it's over 1.000...

Thats why I'm thankful to have GSC. You never need to search for a track or a mod. It is like in the beginnings of gtr2. There had been huge pickup races online. Public servers had been full of players because it was all we had.

Good days. :rolleyes:

I agree that GSC tracks are a class above almost all rFactor tracks and it would be a shame to see loads of poor quality tracks (in comparison with the brilliant Reiza ones) which bring down the quality of the product. However, there were a couple of LiDAR made tracks from Piddy, I think it was him, the guy who created Bobs Track Builder. They were excellent, could perhaps ask him for permission to use them?

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back